“Luxurious and Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni King Edward Hotel

You added The Omni King Edward Hotel to your Saves list
The Omni King Edward Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9, Canada (Formerly Le Meridien King Edward) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Dining Credit
Ranked #14 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Luxurious and Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I decided to have a night away. We booked a room at The Omni King Edward Hotel and couldn't have been happier. First of all, it's an amazing location. It's right in downtown Toronto making access to restaurants, theatre, sporting events, concerts, nightclubs and shopping very easy! Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by gorgeous lobby! WOW! Simply stunning. Check in was seamless. Now ... our room ......... SO luxurious and stunning! Everything was so lovely! I highly recommend this hotel for pleasure or business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Norffej,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni King Edward Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our newly renovated rooms and that the entire experience was luxurious. We appreciate the glowing recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on your next getaway.

Jeff Waters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great experience for our weekend in Toronto: friendly staff, complimentary juice at the door in the morning, soft pillows and warm bathrobes... It was difficult to find a reason to go outside and visit downtown! And the training centre was well equiped with clean and modern devices, with tv included in front of each. We will come back anytime.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Even40,

Thank you for your review following a great experience at the Omni King Edward Hotel. We are delighted that everything was to your satisfaction during your stay. I am particularly pleased that you took the time to check out the fitness centre and its recent upgrade.

We appreciate your comments about our friendly staff and will share them with the team. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, close to everything, staff were friendly, room was very nice and quiet. Breakfast was OK but quite expensive but otherwise a really nice hotel to stay while in Toronto. Would like to give it three and a half stars.

Room Tip: We were near the corner not too far from the lifts and found it to be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear barry c,

Thank you for your review and recognition of our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team and know that they will appreciate your comments. I am glad that you liked the room and the convenient location of the hotel. We look forward to your return visit.

Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and were disappointed with the overall value of our accommodations. As we pulled up and were unloading our belongings out of our car, the doorman asked us twice if we were sure it was the 'Omni King Edward Hotel' we were staying at. Although we are young and were wearing casual clothing (after driving for 4 hours), I thought it was inappropriate and unwelcoming to assume we likely have the wrong hotel. We were very happy with the customer service we received from the employees working at the front desk, which included a call up to our room half an hour or so after settling in. We were not impressed, however, with the quality of the room we were staying in. It was outdated and in need of cleaning. A large portion of the shower wall had wet hair on it and the Keurig coffee maker had an old used cup in it. There were excessive scratches on both the desk and the side tables, making it feel like we were in a motel. The best part of our stay at this hotel was definitely its location. We were walking distance from the Eaton Centre, the Air Canada Centre, and Union Station. Unfortunately, this proximity is not worth the mediocre conditions of the hotel itself.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

From the moment I got out of the car the staff was incredible! Larry greeted me at my car and answered a few questions for me. As I was checking in he met me again at the desk with a map that had all of my questions answered, destinations circled, and walking times explained. Erica at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite, and I was taken to a very quaint room. Unfortunately along with an old hotel I experienced a few hiccups. There was an issue with my shower, but maintenance was there within minutes to correct the problem. My room would also not warm up. Maintenance again was there within minutes. We thought the problem was corrected, but an hour later it had gone cold again. I can't believe that I am forgetting the maintenance man's name…he was fabulous. A gentleman from the Philippines who has been with the hotel for 18 years. They moved me to another room (and not in the typical fashion of sending you down to the front desk to get squared away). They sent someone up with the new room cards asked if I needed any help moving and got me squared away in an upgraded room. The heat had to be tinkered with again in the new room…but fortunately this time it worked. They sent me up a beautiful cheese plate with fruit crackers and bread along with some sparkling water and called later to check in on me again.

It is an old hotel with dated furniture and bathrooms that are a bit tight, but the beds are great, rooms are clean, turn down service was a nice perk with water and ice, the location is great, and as I said, the customer service is to die for!

The Spa was a little bit disappointing. Again, the space was dated. Treatment rooms did not have full walls running up to the ceiling so it did not feel private. There were also not the comforts of many massage tables. There was no nice table cover, heat, or face cover. It was simply a sheet right over the vinyl of the table. There were no "spa" amenities either such as a whirlpool or steam. The massage itself was very nice,and they served a nice hot lemon tea.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Spent four nights here and would certainly come again, from the very welcoming and reactive staff in all areas, to the general feel of the place. ....good for....location, subway, street cars, rail station, restuarants and cafés, attractions etc. we were upgraded to a corner room which was vast, well furnished and equipped......coffee/tea maker, morning tea delivered to the room. Iron and ironing board, free Wi Fi with excelent speed. Good range of tv programmes, air con/heating that is controlled from the room. Plenty of lifts an d quick too. Nice corridors, we could go on and on. PS this is the only time we have been move to write a review. ........the taxis are expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

very confortable, centrical, nice and excelent hotel in downtown Toronto. I stayed one week and was a very peaceful rest during the night and weekends. Definitively will stay there again if i have to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Omni King Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!