“Stunning attention to detail and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni King Edward Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Omni King Edward Hotel to your Saves list
The Omni King Edward Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9, Canada (Formerly Le Meridien King Edward) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Dining Credit
Ranked #15 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Oakville, Canada
“Stunning attention to detail and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife booked the ballroom and threw a little party for my 65th, along with 185 surprise guests, Beef Wellington, a beautiful buffet, wonderful bar and we stayed overnight in a lovely suite. She chose the King Edward from 15 interviews she held with different facilities -- and they did a spectacular job. I raved. She raved. Her guests raved. Ahh, that Beef Wellington and the the Potato Martinis !

Room Tip: Have a large dinner for 185 people!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Julian W,

Thank you for making us a part of your birthday celebration. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your special getaway and that we were able to make this occasion one to always remember. We greatly appreciate the feedback and wish you many more birthdays to celebrate.

We look forward to your return visit.

Jeff Waters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here recently for a bachelor party for my brother in law recently. The hotel is beautiful on the inside, grand lobby and front desk staff was very helpful. They found a room with two beds available as my brother and I were sharing and definitely not sharing one bed! Rooms were huge, the only downside is that I did find the room decor a little dated and an awkward layout. The bathroom sink and toilet are in a separate room than the shower. The hotel is older so I just chalked it up to an older building style. Great service and put up with us ordering a late night pizza to the hotel!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very large!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Matt S,

Thank you very much for the generous comments on your recent stay at The King Edward Hotel. I am delighted to learn that your overall experience was to your satisfaction leaving you with good memories and impressions. I hope you return to visit us again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions. Once overnight and a period of one whole week. I got to see two different rooms. The lobby is nice, the concierge is great, the check in agents vary. Once you get to the floors to get to your room you see how old the hotel really is. It's kind of creepy, all the hallways looks the same and has old decor. I felt like I was in movie The Shining, like I said, creepy. The rooms are nothing spectacular. They are comfortable, you do get a fair bit of noise from your neighbors and the hallway. I experienced this with both rooms I stayed in. The spa is so so, the service is great but the facility needs to be renovated. The gym is great. I've stayed at different chains of the meridien and this was nothing special. If you can get it for a good rate then why not, but if you're looking to splurge and expect 4.5* you may not be happy.

• Stayed October 2012
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Formiga,

We value your comments and thank you for sharing your experience while a guest at The King Edward Hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the less than enjoyable stay you had at our hotel. I assure you that guest room renovations are underway starting with the lower floors and I look forward to having you back especially when the project is completed for a new dimension of luxury and comfort. We will also pass your comments on to the third party spa operator. I am happy to note that you were satisfied with the service offered by our staff.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the King Eddy! All the staff throughout my stay were friendly and welcoming.As other reviewer mentioned, the bed's are very comfortable. The Sunday Brunch is not to be missed,the food and the restaurant were great !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Robert Y,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at The King Edward Hotel. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by our friendly staff. The Sunday Brunch is one of the city’s best and we take pride in providing our guests the best dining experience. We appreciate your patronage and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went to Toronto to escape for the night and have a great time, when we arrived at the hotel we were immediatly greeted by the concierge at the door which made us feel more than welcome. The girl at the front desk was very polite, professional and has us checked in in no time. The room was beautiful and clean and I was very happy with the television in the bathroom mirror so I could watch the NFL playoffs while getting ready to go out. When we wanted to go for dinner I asked the lady at the concierge if she had any preferences and she mentiond several places that all sounded fantastic but the place we chose was amazing. The next day when we checked out the girl on the desk took no time looking after us and making sure we had a good stay. We needed to get to the ROM so I asked the concierge how to get there and they were spot on with directions. Overall it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had in a hotel and will be back next month for sure.

• Stayed January 2013
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Mduckworth03,

Thank you for sharing a great review of your experience at The King Edward Hotel. It is such a delight to know that you had a wonderful time with us. We appreciate the recognition given to the members of our team who continue to go the extra mile to provide exceptional service to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit so we can continue to exceed your expectations and offer the royal treatment that you can typically expect from The King Edward Hotel.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had an extended stay at the King Edward for 12 days. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Great location within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Definitely go have a drink in the lounge and visit Stefano. He has been working there for over 30 years and is extremely knowledgeable about the hotel history and the surrounding area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear John_C55711,

Thank you for providing us this feedback about your stay at The King Edward Hotel and acknowledging Stefano. We are grateful for spreading the word about our bar/lounge and staff who continue to provide the extra service and commitment to guest satisfaction.

We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address any challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return visit.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked on hotwire for $160/night and were very pleased. We were put in a room on the 8th floor in the corner and the room was massive! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have stayed in and the room itself was spacious and comfortable. Big and clean bathroom was well. It had an old world charm to it, something you don't see often. The hotel is in a great location that is central to many food and shopping outlets. Staff was very nice.

The only downside to this hotel is that when you turned on the tap in the bathroom at times it smelled like sewage.....but as soon as you turned it off it went away. It wasn't the actual water-- must have been something from the pipes, but regardless you could only faintly smell it. Also prices at the hotel and bar are very high-- but I suppose that is to be expected. Went down to the bar to get a cup of tea and it cost $6 plus tax.

Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Toronto.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BarbadosBum,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at The King Edward Hotel. We are pleased to learn that your overall stay was to your satisfaction. However, I apologize for the minor inconveniences you encountered. We are working on ways to improve our services every day and appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests. Rest assured that your concern about the water in the bathroom has been addressed with our maintenance team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Jeff Waters

Been to The Omni King Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!