“Not worth over $100” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni King Edward Hotel

You added The Omni King Edward Hotel to your Saves list
The Omni King Edward Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9, Canada (Formerly Le Meridien King Edward) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off + $50 F&B Credit
Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Not worth over $100”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions. Once overnight and a period of one whole week. I got to see two different rooms. The lobby is nice, the concierge is great, the check in agents vary. Once you get to the floors to get to your room you see how old the hotel really is. It's kind of creepy, all the hallways looks the same and has old decor. I felt like I was in movie The Shining, like I said, creepy. The rooms are nothing spectacular. They are comfortable, you do get a fair bit of noise from your neighbors and the hallway. I experienced this with both rooms I stayed in. The spa is so so, the service is great but the facility needs to be renovated. The gym is great. I've stayed at different chains of the meridien and this was nothing special. If you can get it for a good rate then why not, but if you're looking to splurge and expect 4.5* you may not be happy.

• Stayed October 2012
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Formiga,

We value your comments and thank you for sharing your experience while a guest at The King Edward Hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the less than enjoyable stay you had at our hotel. I assure you that guest room renovations are underway starting with the lower floors and I look forward to having you back especially when the project is completed for a new dimension of luxury and comfort. We will also pass your comments on to the third party spa operator. I am happy to note that you were satisfied with the service offered by our staff.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Jeff Waters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the King Eddy! All the staff throughout my stay were friendly and welcoming.As other reviewer mentioned, the bed's are very comfortable. The Sunday Brunch is not to be missed,the food and the restaurant were great !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Robert Y,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at The King Edward Hotel. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by our friendly staff. The Sunday Brunch is one of the city’s best and we take pride in providing our guests the best dining experience. We appreciate your patronage and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went to Toronto to escape for the night and have a great time, when we arrived at the hotel we were immediatly greeted by the concierge at the door which made us feel more than welcome. The girl at the front desk was very polite, professional and has us checked in in no time. The room was beautiful and clean and I was very happy with the television in the bathroom mirror so I could watch the NFL playoffs while getting ready to go out. When we wanted to go for dinner I asked the lady at the concierge if she had any preferences and she mentiond several places that all sounded fantastic but the place we chose was amazing. The next day when we checked out the girl on the desk took no time looking after us and making sure we had a good stay. We needed to get to the ROM so I asked the concierge how to get there and they were spot on with directions. Overall it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had in a hotel and will be back next month for sure.

• Stayed January 2013
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Mduckworth03,

Thank you for sharing a great review of your experience at The King Edward Hotel. It is such a delight to know that you had a wonderful time with us. We appreciate the recognition given to the members of our team who continue to go the extra mile to provide exceptional service to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit so we can continue to exceed your expectations and offer the royal treatment that you can typically expect from The King Edward Hotel.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had an extended stay at the King Edward for 12 days. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Great location within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Definitely go have a drink in the lounge and visit Stefano. He has been working there for over 30 years and is extremely knowledgeable about the hotel history and the surrounding area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear John_C55711,

Thank you for providing us this feedback about your stay at The King Edward Hotel and acknowledging Stefano. We are grateful for spreading the word about our bar/lounge and staff who continue to provide the extra service and commitment to guest satisfaction.

We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address any challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return visit.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked on hotwire for $160/night and were very pleased. We were put in a room on the 8th floor in the corner and the room was massive! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have stayed in and the room itself was spacious and comfortable. Big and clean bathroom was well. It had an old world charm to it, something you don't see often. The hotel is in a great location that is central to many food and shopping outlets. Staff was very nice.

The only downside to this hotel is that when you turned on the tap in the bathroom at times it smelled like sewage.....but as soon as you turned it off it went away. It wasn't the actual water-- must have been something from the pipes, but regardless you could only faintly smell it. Also prices at the hotel and bar are very high-- but I suppose that is to be expected. Went down to the bar to get a cup of tea and it cost $6 plus tax.

Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Toronto.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BarbadosBum,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at The King Edward Hotel. We are pleased to learn that your overall stay was to your satisfaction. However, I apologize for the minor inconveniences you encountered. We are working on ways to improve our services every day and appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests. Rest assured that your concern about the water in the bathroom has been addressed with our maintenance team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Picton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a great Toronto hotel. Large rooms with comfortable beds. The hotel is in a super location with public transportation,, and you can walk to many downtown places of interest. Very nice bar, good breakfast and lovely afternoon Tea.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin B,

Thank you for a wonderful review about The King Edward Hotel. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ok so where do I start:

We were travelling for a friend's wedding in downtown Toronto. It was during the TIFF and most other hotels were booked or well overpriced. This hotel was suggested by the couple.

From the outside, the hotel looks like a grand palace. the lobby is dated but somewhat charming with lots of marble and antique style furniture. I was told that this hotel use to be the hotel of choice in downtown Toronto.

We got to the hotel on time for check-in. The hotel staff was rude and kept repeating my personal information with a loud voice. I was taken aback as there were many people around the check-in desk.

Our hotel room was huge and clean but very dated. The carpet was old and the room smelled a tad misty. The bathroom was also very dated. The gym was closed for renovations (we were never made aware of this when we booked).

There were a few party guys staying in the rooms close to us. They were loud and partied in their room all night. Our whole floor could hear them.

If you need to be in Toronto on a budget and do not intend to spend too much time in the hotel this is a good hotel to stay at. Expect a clean room but don’t expect luxury.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear travelstyle060,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The king Edward Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for a disappointing stay. Service is one of the best things about this hotel and I am very sorry if we failed to maintain our service delivery standards in this situation. Rest assured that this matter has been brought to the attention of the departments concerned for corrective action. I know that this does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are doing something about it.

Thank you for your comments and I hope that you grant us another opportunity to prove ourselves better hosts in the future.

Jeff Waters

Been to The Omni King Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!