“Quiet and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni King Edward Hotel

You added The Omni King Edward Hotel to your Saves list
The Omni King Edward Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9, Canada (Formerly Le Meridien King Edward) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% Off + $50 F&B Credit
Ranked #12 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Quiet and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The room was large, spotlessly clean, and comfortable. The bed was wonderfully comfortable! We also found it very quiet with little hotel or city noise spilling in. The staff are friendly and incredibly helpful. The location can't be beat. One very minor suggestion is that the lamps in the room were so dim it was hard to read the newspaper once it got dark outside. I am all for conservation and use power saving lights at home but this was extreme and was true of all of the lamps in the room. I gave up on the paper and used my e-reader because it is back lit.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the end of a hallway as it is worth the walk from the lift because of the quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear krisket,
Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience with us. I am glad that your overall stay was good and I apologize for the minor inconveniences that you experienced. We appreciate your feedback about the lamps. Please know that we are upgrading the guest rooms for a much improved service and better experience for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Jeff Waters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This rich in history and charm hotel with expansive front lobby, sweeping staircase, and impeccably clean has been a favourite of mine over the years. This is my 3rd visit, and the location just off Yonge Street on King makes it ideal for walking to metro subway 2 minute walk, the main train station, the Hockey Hall of Fame, Rogers Center, Air Canada Center, numerous restaurants and sights, the Eaton Center for shopping.
The hotel was just bought out by Skyline, so hopefully they maintain tradition and complete renovations to the rooms.
What people might not realize is this hotel hosted the Beatles back in 1964 and 1965 on their first trip to North America and only performances in Toronto. Also later it hosted John Lennon and Yoko Ono for a week, before their famous sleepin in Montreal where he wrote Give Peace a Chance. I believe the suite has a plaque on the outside of the door.
The hotel has very friendly helpful staff, provides free newspaper and freshly brewed coffee in the lobby. The parking is expensive as is Internet and local calls all pet peeves of mine. Fitness room, but no pool.
I would highly recommend this majestic hotel.

Room Tip: Wifi available in the lobby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear legend53,

We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for posting such wonderful comments and sharing how you enjoyed your time with us during your stay. It is great to know that you found the hotel to be a convenient location to the major attractions in the city. I am happy to learn that you were fully satisfied with your accommodation and overall your experience.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business and could not be more complimentary. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the location was perfect for access to the hospitals and city centre. The rooms were spacious and the bed very comfortable. i cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: Club rooms good additional value for money.
Dear Marie C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to know that you found the hotel to be a convenient location to the major attractions in the city. I am happy to learn that you were fully satisfied with your accommodation and overall your experience.

Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

i can highly recommend this friendly beutiful hotel
having arrived in toronto for a business meeting i was booked into another hotel which was said to be one of the best in Toronto but was underwelmed
We checked out and moved to the King Edward hotel and received a warm welcome and were looked after by exceptional staff
The hotel is extremly clean and well apointed and my room was spacious and beutifully decorated
The highlight though are the staff who were so helpfull and friendly nothing was too much trouble
i will be back on business and will only stay here

Room Tip: club rooms great value for money
Dear steve k,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your experience at The King Edward Hotel. It is always refreshing to read reviews like yours. Thank you for your candid and honest opinion about our hotel and especially about our employees. I was happy to learn that your stay was excellent and that our employees were helpful and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Thank you for choosing The King Edward Hotel
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The King Edward provides a convenient location in downtown Toronto. The lobby provides free internet, coffee and both American and Canadian newspapers for patrons. Rooms are a bit small, but well appointed and clean. Lack of electric plugs, other than inconveniently located under the desk was a minus. Upper floors are well insulated from street noise. Reasonable value.

Dear dbhlll,
We value your comments and thank you for sharing these details about your stay. As most of our rooms are very large, I’m sorry that you were assigned a smaller one. Please let us know when you are next travelling to Toronto and we will ensure that you are assigned a larger room. Your patronage is appreciated.
Niagara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at the King Eddy last week for one night while in town for business and I was absolutely shocked with the state of my room. As I travel to Toronto quite frequently I usually shop around for a good rate versus favourite property and as it was very busy in Toronto, The King Eddy at $249++ was the best I could find in a 4 star that week downtown. First off, the hotel is under major renovation, so the front door was not operating and there was no bell staff on when I arrived at 1:00 AM. There is no ramp so it is difficult to lift your luggage up the stairs and there was no luggage cart to be found as we had to enter through a side door.
The front staff was friendly enough and welcomed me.
The issue was the room, and event though I would be checking out by 6:30 AM (therefore spending a total of 5 1/2 hours in my room), it was horrible. The hallways were a mess, ripped stripped wallpaper, peeling paint, the luster of this Grande Dame is long gone. In my room while the bed was comfortable enough, it took close to 30 minutes for hot water and the tub was covered in mildew. I took a picture of it and took it to the front desk to complain as I was checking out. No hotel with mildew in their bathrooms should be able to call itself 4 star EVER. There wasn't coffee in the rooms either, but I was told that it was available in the main lobby. I don't want to go to the lobby when I wake up at 6:00 AM to get a coffee, again, a four star should have coffee makers in the rooms. When I checked out I complained about my room and I was given a discount, which I appreciate. This hotel used to be one of the jewels of the city and it is truly sad to see how far it has fallen.

Dear Strategicevents,
Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience with us. I’m sorry that the room that you were assigned was inappropriate. I was alarmed to learn that one of our rooms showed mold stains on the tub grout. As this is extremely rare, I have followed up with our housekeeping team. I’m also pleased to inform you that premium single serve coffee makers will be available in all rooms within a month.
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I loved this hotel and will definitely return. Friendly staff and i loved the eleventh floor breakfast lounge/club. I was close to everything downtown too, so this is a great location for a leisure trip to TO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear chris007007ab,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences here at The King Edward Hotel. I am pleased to learn that you experienced excellent service and friendly staff. It is great to know that you found the hotel to be a convenient location to the major attractions in the city.
Jeff Waters

Been to The Omni King Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!