First off, I got an excellent deal through booking.com ($139/night) and for that price I was extremely satisfied with the room I eventually got. The front desk people were very helpful and did not mind that I did not like the first room they gave me- it had crazy striped wallpaper that made me dizzy and was very dated- weird 80s/90s thing happening. It also had a very dark bathroom and not a very nice view, so I asked to move and they offered me an upgrade.
The second room was great- it was a corner room that was very spacious and had 4 large windows with a pretty view of the Toronto skyline. The room was fairly simply decorated with a basic monochromatic beige scheme. There was even a sitting area with a couch and 2 chairs- the upholstery seemed quite old though! Everything seemed clean though. The room was still in need of an upgrade, but definitely worth the price I paid. I would have been disappointed if I paid more though....
The customer service was the best and I'm sure when the renovations are complete, the hotel rooms will be beautiful again- but I bet you won't be able to get such a good deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward