Every single staff member at this hotel was courteous and helpful from check-in to check-out. They seem to be imbued with pride at working in such a beautiful hotel. The lobby is breathtaking, even with the renovations currently happening, and my guest rooms was comfortable and elegantly furnished, The bathroom appeared to be spotless and had excellent amenities (though the sink was cracked).
The Consort Bar is furnished like an old library and serves a great gin and tonic! Breakfast was good.The guest rooms do not have coffee making facilities; however, there is complimentary coffee in the lobby until 11 am--unfortunately, this is not well advertised, and I discovered it to my chagrin only after I'd bought [bad] coffee from the Tim's across the road.
I did have persistent problems with the lock on my guest room door. Although the front desk issued new key cards to me several times, I had to seek help from the concierge on three occasions. This is a beautiful old hotel, but--as you would expect from a building this age--the walls are thin.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TIG Global, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Priceline so you can book your The King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.