“Excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband I went to Toronto shopping for furniture and I lost my purse on one of our stops on the way there. I was visibly upset and I was immediately upgraded to a King Suite with no extra charge. I found the staff to be helpful and attentive; the room clean, and the dinner we ate in the hotel was delicious.

Other than the hotel and Yorkdale Mall there are no eateries or attractions within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stay at this hotel 6-8 times per year for work related head office visits. The service is always fantastic, the staff always accomodate every request with a smile and are amazing! I usually hate staying in hotels, but I am always relaxed and put at ease everytime. The gym is good, the business centre in great, and I actually look forward to my stays. The hotel is located close to all amenities and within quick driving distance downtown and across from the great Yorkdale Mall.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Went with family and wanted to stay closer to downtown, but found a great deal with this hotel in Yorkdale. The rooms were comfortable and they had a nice pool and workout room. Even had small tennis court and ping pong table for kids. The staff was very nice and helpful. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for parking. It wasn't much ($7/day) compared to what you'd pay for parking at a downtown hotel, but there was so much parking space for the hotel and around that area, so didn't feel it was necessary to charge.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
HolidayInnYorkdale, Manager at Holiday Inn Yorkdale, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! In addition to our Nerf tennis court and ping pong table, on the weekends we also have the Kids Hideaway available, with games, colouring and crafts.
We do charge $7 for parking per night, however we also offer complimentary 'in and out' privileges with your guest room keys.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we hope you visit us again soon.
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times but not for about 10 years. I was looking forward to the stay there as I have always found it to be a positive experience. I was happy to see that they still offered a buffet breakfast which is really great. I was disappointed that the fitness centre had not expanded but happy that it was still there.
The room I stayed in was, on the surface, very nice. However, there were issues with the cleanliness, which really surprised me. I am hoping that this was a one time occurrence and not an indication of decline at this old standby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Welcome back! It's always nice to hear about guests returning after such a long time.
We'll make sure to review your comments regarding your room cleanliness during our daily Housekeeping meeting. Please feel free to contact the hotel regarding any specific issues you may have had.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

The service orientation of this hotel is stellar. The food is good, and the location is convenient
to a great mall, the airport and downtown (by car or subway). We have been here for 6 nights now and couldn't have enjoyed our stay more (given that there were a lot of kids in the hotel over the weekend...) Thoughtful staff, clean, etc. etc. What more can I say. Have stayed all over the world and the staff here is above most all hotels! Also, free wifi.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HolidayInnYorkdale, Manager at Holiday Inn Yorkdale, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel, it will be shared with all of our staff.
We offer our guests complimentary wifi throughout the public areas, as well as in all of our guestrooms. Wireless kits are also available at the Front Desk.
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I called this morning to cancel my reservation and talked to someone who started off very nice and ended up not listening to a word I was saying. I was cancelling due to an illness in the family but I was going to re book for the fall-I just didn't know when. I was told I would be charged for all the nights I had booked-something about pop ups that came up 3 times. I tried to explain there were no "pop ups" but she would only say well there were and keep talking.

I will never stay here. If the staff are rude to the point of calling me a liar in a round about way I would hate to see what they are like in person. I gave over a month's notice for this cancellation. (HAD TO PUT APR IN DATE OF STAY TO GET PAST THIS SCREEN)

• Stayed April 2010
Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

I stayed at Holiday Inn in Toronto with some of my colleagues. We were in business travel, as well as we also want to have a tour in Toronto, the business hub of Canada. We stayed there for about a month. In terms of facilities the hotel is great. The location is little far from the main city. But train station is near to the place, where you can always take local metro. You can go to the station through one of the biggest shopping mall Canada. It is just opposite of the hotel.
You can have your food either in the food court of the mall or also in the hotel. The rooms do not have cooking facility, only coffee machines and refrigerators you will get just like other hotels.
Rooms are spacious, the hotel also have swimming pool, gym, good network and place of sauna.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to make use of the subway station across the street. Public transit is one of the best ways to get around Toronto. Adult fares are $3.00 for a one way trip, and TTC maps are available at our Front Desk.

Been to Holiday Inn Yorkdale? Share your experiences!