“Three Stars at Best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Downtown

You added Comfort Hotel Downtown to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Charles Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1S1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #79 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Three Stars at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If I hadn't been using a Friends & Family promo price I wouldn't have stayed here. The location seems to be at the sketchier end of Yonge street (strip club around the corner) but it was really close to the Bloor/Yonge subway line which was convenient. They have been making some renovations, but our King room was worse for the wear with things that easily could have been cleaned, like scuff marks all along the bottom of the wall or lots of hair behind the mattress (I check at all hotels). The most inconvenient thing was being woken up at 2 am to my neighbours fighting which I could hear word for word. I called down to the desk and they seemed to have dealt with it.

All in all, the deal I got made it worthwhile. Corners seem to be cut but I have stayed in much worse.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pleasantville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Located just one block from the Bloor /Yonge Subway, you can't beat its convenience & centrality. I got a fantastic rate for a large comfortable room. I only wish they had a fridge in the room. There is secure pay parking in the building. You can easily move around the city from here on public transportation and the chic Yorkville neighborhood is a short .walk away. as well, I wouldn't hesitate returning here. The staff was most accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
SoloAdventuress
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff here is awesome. The hotel has been renovated a bit, but they need to do more. Room was nice, but i had a problem controlling the heat (too warm) after the first day. The hotel was in the perfect location as I was able to walk everywhere I went. Starbucks is just around the corner, and there are tons of restaurants within walking distance, as well as convenience stores. I just used it as a place to "crash" at night and it was perfect for me.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Soloadventuress,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at Comfort hotel downtown.We are glad that you were satisfied with the accommodation, location and the services. We are very exiited to share this news with you that we are in the planning stages of a major renovation at this hotel in the very near future.We hope you will continue to stay at comfort hotel downtown Toronto.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I got a brilliant deal on this hotel, that I thought might be too good to be true, but it wasn't. Delighted with the hotel. The location is perfect. I was able to walk to anywhere I wanted downtown. Room was big, bathroom was small but the shower was powerful and the bathroom was clean so suited perfectly. Staff were very good. I don't remember the guy's name, but when I checked in there was a problem with the room key which meant that I had to be moved rooms and he dealt with it very quickly, efficiently and friendly. The decor is slightly dated but this is a hotel designed for visiting a city where you need somewhere to lay your head at night and it works perfectly. Beds are comfy and you even get a choice of pillows which is good. Coffee in the room is decent coffee too.

Not sure what the normal price of a room in this hotel is but I was extremely happy with what I got and paid for. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Wexfordflyer,
Thank you for writing your review on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay.We are glad to know that you were satisfied with your accommodation,staff service ,location and the price point.We will be very happy to host your stay again at Comfort Hotel downtown Toronto.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a dive. Electrical outlets are all burnt out in the room and I even got shocked when I tried to turn the air conditioning off. The water from the faucet was brown for the first 2 minutes of running it when I first got here (and I booked 2 rooms it was the same for both rooms). The smoke detector has electrical tape "fixing" it and there is cigarette burn holes in the curtains. Just a total crap hole. Don't come here if you have any concerns for overall cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay at our hotel.

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed two nights. Generally met my expectations for an average hotel. Reception was great, staff very polite. Lobby and outside appear in great condition. Room looked older and worn (wallpaper coming from walls). Bed comfortable. Generally quiet (except for ongoing construction on this street (but that's not the fault of the hotel). TV remote didn't work, even after replacing batteries. Heat was at the max the full time and rode the edge of being warm enough. Excellent location for access to the Yonge/Bloor Subway. I would stay again if I needed the same location and the price was competitive with other hotels. Otherwise, I would be just as fine to stay elsewhere. (No shortage of restaurants, stores, pharmacy, etc right local)

Room Tip: Right around the corner from the TTC Yonge/Bloor Subway station which will get you anywhere in Toron...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
DearItzmoi,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Comfort Hotel.We really appreciate your comments about our services and the areas that we need to improve.We are sorry for the inconvenience due to the non functional remote control in your room.Please accept our apology.We value your business and hope you will give us another chance .Please visit us again in the near future.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my second time here and this time I came with my friends for a weekend stay in the summer.

The room was very clean and neat, and had all the basic necessities being a Standard room. It was comfortable, and it can be seen from the photos that they have been renovating/updating the place. It looks like they are still in the process of doing it. I forgot how much I paid for the hotel but it seemed pretty reasonable for a 2 night stay, and since I split up the cost with my friends it made things a lot more cheaper for me.

The staff was really welcoming, and gave us the toiletries that we had forgotten which was great.

We didn't try the restaurant that's connected to the hotel so I can't make a comment on that. A variety of fast-food joints (McDonald's, KFC, Starbucks) and sushi places. The hotel is also well located for travel, it's near by Bloor and Yonge (Subway station) so going to the Eaton Centre took less than 10 minutes.

Just one thing to keep in mind: I think the reviewers who believe that they think this hotel could not be more than a 4 or a 5 don't understand that this hotel chain is NOT like the Ritz-Carlton or Trump Hotels! Those are the types of hotels that can offer a variety of glitz and glam amenities at their disposal. I've stayed at a high end branded hotel (See my review about Shangri-la), so I'd know if their location is keeping up with the image of the brand. So if you want that type of experience, go there.

But if value and comfort are a priority for you, then I'd say choose the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DearDS0128,
Thank you for sharing your opinion on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay.We are glad that you had a great experience.We thank you for encouraging us and supporting us.We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Satish Kumar

Been to Comfort Hotel Downtown? Share your experiences!