“Really liked this hotel. Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Ireland
“Really liked this hotel. Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

First trip to Canada and very impressed.

Stayed in deluxe suite and room was exactly as descibed. As we had teenager with us the room suited perfectly. Room very clean and abundance of fresh towels. Never saw the room servicing staff as we were out of hotel most of day.

Check in nad out was very fast. Staff were very helpful and informative. Really good location as advised by other contributers to Trip Advisor.

Could walk to everything we wanted to go to. A bit quiet at night.

We went on bus tour recommended by hotel which was probaly a rip off.

Good gym. Nice bar to retire to at end of busy day. I liked breakfast in hotel but my hungarycompanions wanted more and went to Sunset grill on next block and thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again. Good if you have younger family with you.

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

Just spent 2 nights at the Cambridge Suites Hotel. I was completely satisfied with accommodations. The hotel is located in a great location. Your in walking distance to just about everything! Although I did not encounter the staff frequently, the little interaction I had was positive. Check in and out was seamless. Maid service was adequate. The room was very clean and spacious. Our king suite looked a bit more updated than the pictures posted here. We would definately stay here again.

Manchester, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

I have to say that having stayed at the Cambridge Suites in July '05, I am very surprised at all the bad press it seems to be getting! (oh, and I can assure everyone that I don't work for the Hotel, am not it's owner and have absolutely NO reason to lie!).

We stayed at this hotel as our 1st stop of our Honeymoon. We arrived at 2am and the receptionist was very attentive, knew who we were immediately and was very helpful. We were shown to our room which was of a good size and very clean. I have to admit I didnt check the carpets in detail however I would have thought that after 3 night stay I would have probably notived had they been that dirty!

We're not the most demanding of guests so I can't really speak for the levels of service when something is requested however we did ask for a wake up call which was on time and at all times the hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Cambridge Suites however I can only speak for the room we stayed in which again, was more than satisfactory.

West Midlands UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

Stayed at the Cambridge Suites for two days on our way out West and for another night on the way back to the UK. It was "just like home" and the suite felt less like a hotel than many places I've stayed. It was really nice being able to completeley shut off the bedroom area. Also the breakfast (which we'd expected to be just a few rolls and coffee) was excellent. and the location...well that couldn't be better. Would definitely recommend it.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

My family & I stayed at Cambridge Suites for 2 nights in August, 2005 based upon the stellar Tripadvisor reviews. The suites are a comfortable size and configuration for a family but the staff and service were very poor. Upon a 4PM arrival - used breakfast dishes cluttered the hallway on 2 floors. The dishes were still there at 6:30PM when we left for dinner. The room was not made up until nearly 5PM. Unlike our other hotels in Canada, the Front desk staff did not advise about or process a refund of the Guest Services Tax. Housekeepers were surly when called to make up room. Carpets are dingy and appeared dirty.

Like another recent reviewer, I am suspicious that Cambridge staff and friends are submitting misleading reviews of this hotel to boost the Tripadvisor ratings.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

i was on a business trip to toronto arriving at midnight leaving at 4:00, so time was crucial...i needed a place close by to my business appointment...i called the hotel to confirm the location was good for me, i also requested non-scented cleaning products to be used in the room,a room located far away from the elevators and i needed two double beds. i read the negative reviews others had written about the hotel, became concerned and called the hotel to review my reservation and requests...i was assured all my requests would be met, and that the hotel was a short walking distance to my destination. i arrived at the hotel at midnight, was given a room with only one double bed....after i called down to the front desk, they agreed to change rooms, but the other rooms had been cleaned with scented cleaning products, so i stayed.... the room was clean, and the bed linens are the best! i requested a wake-up call, and room service of coffee and tea to coordinate with the wake-up call....this was delightfully carried out by friendly staff. the short walk,which they actually gave me directions to.... ended up being a 15 minute cab ride (after i had walked about 15 minutes)...and i was late for my appointment. when the front desk asked me about my stay, i related my disappointments, in terms of service, it was disappointing, and my tardiness to my appointment reflected poorly on me.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

For the price, this hotel far exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The temperature adjustments worked fine and, after we requested mroe towels and toiletries, we had everything we needed. The concierge was very helpful. The bartender was very accomodating. The gym left a little to be desired, mostly in the locker room, but not big deal. I would definitely stay here again, especially since we got a suite for less than the cost of most hotel rooms.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!