“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
michigan
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located to all of the downtown toronto malls, including the bay and is also in walking distance to the downtown market. easy access to the freeway coming into town. The room was very nice. sofa sleeper was very comfortable. staff were overall very accommodating. also reasonably priced. GREAT place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We've been home for 6 days from Toronto but had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. We are a family of 3, our son slept on the sofa bed which he said was very comfortable. The rooms we're very clean and replenished with towels and amentities every day. There's a mini kitchenette area and dining area, I was impressed with the launderette in the parking area downstairs. The hotel is very central if you don't hire a car, Eaton Centre is a 5 minute walk, The Path is even better if you want to stay inside whilst walking. Loads of places to eat too......

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in downtown Toronto and offers nicely appointed suites. I stayed there with 3 of my coworkers and all 4 rooms were different, all on the same floor. That being said, they were all nice, a good size, with plenty of seating and room to hang out. The room was clean and well maintained, except for a few small things in the bathroom. The shower head was kind of a mess, with a messy caulk job trying to seal it to the wall. The floor in the bathroom needed some help, all scratched up and in need of some repair. Other than those small details, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
North Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've stayed at the CS off and on for years, but had to write a review based on my last visit. About a year ago I stayed there, and mentioned I had a gluten intolerance when I ordered room service. This time, I ordered room service, and when it arrived there was gluten free bread on the side - and I hadn't mentioned my dietary restriction this time! THAT is the sort of customer care that differentiates a hotel and gets my loyalty. Other than that, the rooms are very large and well appointed, and the bed was comfortable (in part because they swapped my pillows to feather upon request!). Great service, Cambridge Suites!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in Toronto at the Cambridge Suites. The room was on the 20th floor and quite spacious. The bed was comfy as well. Fun view! We enjoyed the breakfast that was part of our package. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful from check in to check out. Parking was a bit pricey but convenient. Restaurants, the Path and shops were near by. What a bargain! I will be back and the Cambridge will be my home away from home!

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor. You may want to look for a breakfast spot nearby instead of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel recently for two nights. I would have rated my overall experience higher if it weren’t for the excessive noise that could be heard coming from the outside on our first night. We were assigned a room on the eighth floor, in a suite facing west (corner of Richmond and Yonge streets). When we returned late in the evening, I thought that a window had been left open as the noise from outside was so clear – both voice and traffic. The window was not open – it appears the windows and/or walls are very thin. I could only get a few hours of sporadic sleep, and normal city noise is never a problem for me. I have stayed at many other hotels in downtown Toronto, on lower floors, and noise was never an issue. The next morning I asked reception to change rooms (something I have never done in my decades of travelling in North America and abroad). The agent assigned us a new room on the opposite side of the hotel, on the 14th floor. Noise was not an issue at all in the new room, and we were satisfied.

Both rooms we stayed in were very spacious, modern and clean. Every interaction with staff was positive – the front desk staff was friendly, quick and efficient. Even passing maintenance and cleaning staff always smiled and said hi. The location of this hotel is excellent as well, in walking distance to shopping, entertainment, and subway lines. If it weren’t for the noise issue on the first night and inconvenience of changing rooms, we would have been completely satisfied with our entire stay. Given its high ranking on Tripadvisor though, we were a bit surprised and disappointed with our overall experience.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor, facing streets with less traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed for one night at this hotel with my two girlfriends. We meet every year in Toronto for some shopping and relaxation, and have tried a number of the standard hotels. This hotel is now our new favourite -- we will definitely return. The price was excellent, and the suite was perfect. There was a comfortable king sized bed in a separate room with its own t.v., and a sitting area with couch, table and chairs, t.v., and a comfy chair, as well as a bar area with a fridge and a sink in the main room. The bathroom was perfect for three women trying to get ready in the morning, with an enormous countertop and a separate tub/shower and toilet area with its own door. The room was clean and fresh. At night it was very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!