“Lots of space, convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Lots of space, convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Much more busy this time around than my visit 2 years ago. Kept hearing comments like "this should be our go to place" from various guests in the elevator. Great suite for business travellers, lots of room for your laptop, work and more. Quite a firm bed. Convenient location, Eaton Centre just a block or two away. Many restaurants nearby to keep you well fed!

Room Tip: Avoid corner facing Richmond and Victoria if you cannot stand early morning traffic noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Wow! Has it already been 2 years since your last stay with us? Thanks for sharing the elevator chatter from our hotel guests. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com and I'll make sure your suite preference is away from that particular corner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last minute based on reviews here. I called the night before we came into Toronto from Niagara Falls, and they quoted me a price for 2 nights and they said they had plenty of availability.

When we checked in they gave us one rate and then when we checked out the rate was a few dollars more. Even though it was less then a $20 difference per night, it was the point of the matter which really irked me.

Based on their dishonesty, I wouldn't stay here again. If you are in the city for tourism, I would suggest something near the CN tower. The only thing near this hotel is a huge mall and that's not why we came to Toronto.

The flip side to this is that Toronto has a PATH system which in case of inclement weather you can theoretically get around in all of downtown thru garages and tunnels. This hotel is connected to the PATH system.

I checked to see if they gave me a check in sheet with the price and they had not. Perhaps they should do this in the future to make sure this issue never happens again.

• Stayed March 2013
Myy apologies if you felt the hotel mislead you. We take pride in our hotel. The hotel rate was indicated on your registration card so perhaps the difference may have been the taxes? Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com so I may follow-up on this matter. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my husband & 2 year old 23-28 Feb 2013 in a Cityscape room which includes breakfast.

Clean room, perfect layout for us as a family. The toddler could sleep on the bed with the french doors half-closed while my husband watched late night tv in the sitting area. Dining table was useful for when we did not feel like wrangling a 2 year old in a restaurant & got take out instead.

Staff were friendly & helpful. Breakfast was the usual fare, nice to have hot coffee without having to brave the cold first thing in the morning. Tim Horton's is just around the corner though, so is A&W. The Bay & Eaton Centre are less than 10min walk away. I loved how conveniently located the hotel was. Especially when we were catching buses to Niagara Falls one day & Hamilton on another. Both bus stations were a short walk from the hotel.

We had a lovely stay & would definitely stay again in future.

• Stayed February 2013
A sincere appreciation for your feedback about your hotel experience. Thank you!
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband, adult son, and I stayed at the Cambridge Suites on Saturday and were very happy with our suite. We had stayed here several years ago so knew that it was a great location for accessing the main attractions as well as for shopping.

Our suite was spacious and well equipped, and the king-size bed comfortable as was the pull-out sofa, according to my son.

What impressed me most this time was the outstanding customer service. I had some questions prior to booking so sent a couple of emails to the hotel, each of which received a very prompt and polite response--the first from Sandra and the second from Justine. Every staff member we met was friendly and welcoming, especially at the front desk. My request for a room on a higher floor away from the elevators was granted, so we were not bothered by any traffic or other noise and had a nice peaceful stay.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic feedback. The commendations for Sandra, Justine and the hotel staff were also very kind and thoughtful. I'm happy you and your family enjoyed your peaceful stay with us.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just stayed at the Cambridge 4/19-4/21/13. The location was perfect (Richmond and Yonge) as we raced in the Yonge Street 10k. Although we could have walked to many of the specific locations we wanted to visit (NHL HoF), it was too windy and cold that weekend. Cambridge staff was very pleasant, accomodating and very friendly. Guests too were very friendly. The suite easily accomodated 2 adults, although a 2nd sink in the vanity would've been nice. VERY clean rooms with daily cleaning service. Gym was adequate, with suana and steamroom. Cabs waiting outside entrance, just be sure to ask if they accept credit cards before you leave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your great review about our hotel. My apologies if the bed was too firm for you. I would like to add a note onto your hotel profile so that we can place a mattress pillow topper on your bed during your stays with us. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com.
Aarau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is in a great downtown location near Queen's station. The staff was very nice. Huge rooms with free wifi and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was maybe a little outdated, but still okay. Nothing to complain, I would return anytime.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to your return!
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great hotel right in the heart of the city. You can walk to almost anywhere in the downtown area. It is a hotel that is easily accessed from the Gardener Expressway exit at Younge street. It is located at Richmond and Victoria one block west of Younge. It is only a few blocks from the Eaton Centre, one block from the Hospital and within walking distance to the market and a lot of great restaurants and theatres. The rooms are quite generous in size (suite). The price (approx $170) is quite good for Toronto. The people who work at this hotel are crazy good and will do almost anything for you to make your stay fantastic. That is why they are one of the best on Trip Advisor for 2012. The parking is $27 but it is safe and after all it is downtown Toronto. I have travelled a lot and this hotel is one of my favourites and I highly recomend it to my friends. I don't think you could go wrong staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors are quieter and closer to the excercise, fitness and hot tube room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Terrific recommendation! Thanks so much for the Cityscape tip as well.

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!