“Above and beyond service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Buffalo, N.Y.
“Above and beyond service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've stayed in Toronto several times over the past 30 years, and chose this hotel based on its many good Trip Advisor reviews. I booked a Cityscape Suite directly through the hotel's website and received a significantly better rate than was offered on many of the travel sites. Immediately after booking, I received a personal email acknowledging some of my special requests for a quiet room and an early check in (usually 4 p.m.) We arrived at 11:30 a.m. - much earlier than expected and were delighted that our room was ready...and in a very quiet location on the 21st floor. Our two-room suite featured a king bed (very comfortable) in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living room (for our daughter). Both rooms had flat screen TVs. There was a very large vanity area outside of the toilet/bathtub area. All very clean. An in-room safe was provided in the closet. The living room also offered a table with four comfortable chairs - a nice touch, as well as a great wet bar with refrigerator, microwave, sink, and Keurig coffee maker - with complimentary coffee and tea. Bottled water and chocolates were provided each evening. The complimentary breakfast was extensive with juices, danish, fresh fruits, hot oatmeal, eggs, bacon/sausage, yogurt, dry cereal, and a variety of bagels, breads and waffles for toasting. We hit a snag on the second night of our two-night stay when a large group of teens (perhaps as many as 30) checked in on Friday night. Unfortunately, a few groups were situated on our floor and proceeded to repeatedly slam doors, play loud music, and essentially carry on without any regard for other hotel patrons. I might add here, that while this hotel has much going for it in terms of service, location, value etc. - sound insulation is not very good. Presuming it would be a long night, I called the front desk and asked if there was any possibility we could move to a different room. Knowing the hotel was much more crowded on a Friday night, I wasn't very optimistic. But - and here's where that top-notch service really came into play - we were moved - to a top floor luxury suite (thanks to Amanda - the extremely accommodating manager on duty!) We went on to have a very relaxing and restful evening until 3 a.m. when a group of teenage boys decided it would be fun to try to get into the fitness room directly across the hall - and play loud music in the process. After several minutes, we went to the door and asked them to take their party elsewhere - which they did. Thinking we were now in the clear, we returned to bed - only to be awakened again at 3:45 a.m. by another small group of young men loitering near the elevator in stocking feet, playing loud music. After two requests, they left and we were finally able to sleep. If it weren't for our experience on Friday evening, I would have rated this hotel much higher based on the quality of the service and value for the money. I would think situations like ours - at least based on all I've read on Trip Advisor - are the exception to the rule. If I were traveling for business Sunday - Thursday, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The service exceeded that which I've received in some Five Star Toronto Hotels and for that reason alone, it's hard for me to hold the hotel accountable for the actions of a few immature guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Phew! Thanks so much for your detailed description on your hotel stay. Another heartfelt thanks for your patience with the overnight disturbances. Please feel free to contact me when you are ready to re-book your next stay at etanaskovic@cambridgesuiteshotel.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This isn't the fanciest hotel out there but it is a good location and value. Rooms are plenty of size (mine had a living room and bedroom which I think is standard) which was nice. Good, standard breakfast in the AM. I have stayed in some of the more "signature" hotels in Toronto but will be coming back here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great location the hotel was nice great views hot rub nice ! Bathrooms could be updated a bit but overall great beds were very comfortable and loved all the windows the staff were all friendly ! Also the layout of the room is so nice because it was separated felt like a apartment

• Stayed March 2012
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was going to give this place 4stars, however the quality of the service was impeccable and the rooms were excellent with only a couple of qualms about the bathroom.

A few examples, I had a meeting for 11am, the bar was shut, they allowed me to have the meeting there despite it being shut, I then asked if I could have a meeting room for an hour, there is usually a charge, they waved the charge away. Bar and restaurant service again of excellent quality, whether you're having meetings or eating alone. Reception and cleaning service of a high standard as well, basically all employes of this hotel I'd give top marks to.

The rooms were very big with a separate living area, I was there on business for 7 nights, I rarely stay that long on business, but having such a big room made it a comfortable experience. Wi-fi is free, you have two TV s, comfortable bed, only qualm was the duvet, purely because it was weird and didn't feel right, think that is personal taste though. Nice work area for you as well in the room.

The air conditioning in this place was the best I've ever seen as well, whether I wanted it ice cold as I was getting ready or wanted the room to get very hot in a matter of minutes before going to sleep, this AC was up to the job, majority of AC systems are terrible in hotels.

The washroom was very big and separate to the toilet and shower, can't fault it, only qualm about the shower was they only had soap as oppose to shower gel (again may be personal taste), the bathroom was quite dated as well, shower curtain etc, although it must be said they must clean the curtains regularly or replace them quickly as mine was very clean, again something that can't be said of a lot of hotels with shower curtains. The quality of the shower itself wasn't great, not very bad, just not up to the same standard as the room.

Overall, if I'm here on business again, I wouldn't hesitate in staying in this place again, only reason I would perhaps go somewhere else is to get points on rewards cards, they had a system which I didn't sign up for as they only have three hotels in the world, I probably made a mistake not signing up though given I was there for 7 days.

Room Tip: One of the best bars I've ever been too, yards away, Beer Academy, brew all beer on site, you ne...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review. You may still enroll in our 'Stay Again' loyalty programme and we'll gladly reward your 7 night stay with us. Cheers!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at the hotel over the Family Day weekend for the second year in a row. From the easy and efficient check in, spacious two room suite and close proximity to events in the city, this hotel has always been our choice for accommodations in Toronto. Dinner on the Friday evening at Portico was delicious. The restaurant accommodated our two children's peanut/tree nut allergies. Thanks to staff and the hotel for another great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Thanks for choosing us in your annual family tradition! We are happy to welcome you and your family again and again.
Lloydminster, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel today after getting lost and arriving at night(first time in Toronto). My credit card did not go through for the deposit required. the manager refused to try to punch it manually or accept cash or debit card. It took a while to get through to the credit card company who agrees to speak to manager to authorize through. Apparently the card machine was logging off before i could even punch in anything. They agreed to speak to the hotel manager but she kept us waiting whilst she did other things. I was frustrated at this point and raised my voice. I told her this was the worst hotel. She then said that she decided to cancel my hotel reservations (at 10h30 at night). I had to beg her to let me stay and apologize profusely even though I had already paid for hotel and deposit and spent 2 hrs trying to so this. Apparently she can just decide to do this as a manager. She also said I used bad language which I did not, just raised my voice. I am sure the hotel has video footage to prove that. The room is quite nice and the room service was good but with such an arrogant useless manager, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Cambridge Suites Hotel is great for families. We had two adjoining suites (the 04-05 room) which allowed us to have our own "hallway" between the rooms.
Plenty of space for six people. The staff at the front desk, room service and restaurant were very nice.
It's a great location as with close proximity to street cars, subways and highways.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you!

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!