“I would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

Save Saved
You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
$30 Dining Credit
Ranked #17 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Wollongong, Australia
“I would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Eexcellent hotel, located close to shopping mall and restaurants. The suite was spacious, clean and quiet and the free wifi very convenient. The Italian restaurant opposite the hotel has a divine menu (eat in or take-away). Cambridge staff were friendly and so very helpful at all hours of the day and night. Being able to open a window to let fresh air in is a big plus in any hotel that I stay in and I was able to do this in my suite. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear travel635,

Thank you for the tremendous review. Especially the kind comments about our helpful staff. Don't hesitate to contact us directly when you return - we would love the opportunity to pass along our personal thanks.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for a short weekend getaway recently. My husband was at a conference nearby and I decided to tag along and play tourist. The price was middle of the road and the location was a good point from which to walk & tour the city. Staff were friendly and the hotel itself was nice - very clean and very spacious rooms with all you would need for a short or longer stay. Beds were very comfy. Only bummer was parking, at $23+ tax per 24hrs, and no breakfast included. It was (I gather) around the financial district which meant it was a relatively quiet area on the weekend. Don`t know that I would have been comfortable walking by myself late at night in this neighbourhood (not a lot of foot traffic, homeless sleeping on the corner day & night), but that`s a pretty standard comment for any big city at night. Lots of great restaurants within easy walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear CDNgirlOntario,

I am glad you were able to tag along with your husband while he was in town for a conference. It is a great city to explore and it was nice to read that you enjoyed exploring it from our hotel! I am sorry you were disappointed with our parking and breakfast prices - we do strive to ensure they are among the best value in the market. We are also proud that we are one of the only hotels that include complimentary internet. Did you know that if you book a Cityscape Suite, breakfast is included? We also have some great packages that include breakfast and parking. I hope we see you again soon and encourage you to check our website for specials and promotions.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because it was hosting a conference that I attended. The location was right down-town, and the price was so reasonable that I was not expecting much. To my surprise the suite was wonderful - modern, clean, quiet, well layed-out, and comfortable. It also had windows facing two directions, so lots of natural light.
The lobby was modest, but the staff was helpful, and helped me make the best of the excellent location.
I was looking for a quiet place to eat and went to the restaurant simply because it was quiet and convenient. I was blown away by the excellence of the food. They know how to make a martini and the house wine was excellent.
This hotel will definitely be my first choice, next visit to Toronto

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear RWKOntario,

Sincere thanks for the wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed our property and had the opportunity to experience Portico Restaurant and Bar while you were here. We are certainly very proud of our service team - led by our tremendous Executive Chef, Carl MacNeil.

See you soon, Tim
Upper Hutt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This Hotel was fantastic, the staff were always helpful (especially the young gentleman on the front desk - he went out of hos way for us). Our room was very quiet light and fresh with seperate lounge area. Large bathroom dressing areas. Highly recommend to all.

Room Tip: We didn't ask for a seperate lounge - think all rooms have them?
Dear maureen55,

Many thanks for the top billing!
Our team is very appreciative of your kind words and lovely review.

Alcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Cambridge Suites is certainly conveniently situated, a few minutes walk from Queen Subway station and just off Yonge Street near the Eaton Centre.
The reception, bar and restaurant are excellent, in fact the restaurant (Portico, see separate review) is rated 25 of 3,480 restaurants in Toronto on here. There are many other excellent restaurants within walking distance.
As the name implies all the rooms are suites and we paid a little extra to get one of the better Skyline suites on the upper floors. Incidentally the premium was much smaller when you book direct with the hotel than through a booking site and the process was very simple.
The room was pretty amazing consisting of a large bedroom, a sitting room with sink, microwave, fridge etc, and a large bathroom with separate dressing area. Everything was high quality, clean and well-maintained. Service from the staff was excellent e.g. every afternoon the maid came and delivered two bottles of water, two chocolates and the weather forecast for the next day.
We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others. Most young couples would be very happy to have our suite as their first home with slight reorganisation.

Room Tip: book a skyline suite direct through the hotel web site
Dear AnotherEngineer,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are certainly very proud of our property and wonderful restaurant. I am also glad you were able to negotiate a better deal for one of our Cityscape Suites by booking direct - where you will always recieve the best avaialble rate. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours in Hospitality,
Tim
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked a two night stay at this hotel after reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor. Moreover, we were on a cross Canada trip and were looking for looking for a suite hotel in downtown Toronto, close to rapid transit, with self serve laundry facilities. This hotel fit the bill on all counts and we were well served in those aspects. However, the hotel needs better maintenance.

This is an older property and our room was tired looking. Although clean, the carpet was stained. The bed and the furniture in the sitting area were comfortable, but the sitting area feels cramped. The telephones in our sute could not connect to an outside line our entire stay. The staff was unable to rectify this problem and did not change our suite. Instead, they offered to connect us to any outside phone through the front desk, a frequent annoyance. The electric iron in the room was broken and drenched the shirt I was ironing. Then it quit heating. Housekeeping replaced the iron. TV reception and wifi connection were spotty. The showerhead sprayed from the circumfrence, with no spray in the centre.

The lounge staff is wonderful and the bar attendant makes great martinis. The restaurant food is good and there is a tasty pasta option for vegetarians. We did not try the breakfast here. Instead, we walked half a block to the Sunset Grill (see reviews on Trip Advisor). This is a superb place for breakfast in downtown Toronto.

The bottom line: With the above caveats, this suite hotel is still a good option for for those who are looking for suites at a reasonable price.

Dear Brijesh M,

I was very disappointed to read that your room was not adequately maintained. Thank you for letting me know. We have a tremendous reputation for quality, clean, well-maintained suites and I am very sorry that we let you down during your recent stay. I hope we have the opportunity to regain your loyalty and encourage you to contact me directly if you are returning to Toronto. I would love to personally assist with your reservations to ensure an excellent stay in the future.

Yours in Hospitality, Tim
tostrem@cambridgesuiteshotel.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I went to this hotel a year ago and it was very good indeed. Rooms are clean with minibar, comfortable beds although rooms could be slightly bigger. Breakfast buffet is worth going to, nice but could have a larger variety of food. Highlight of hotel is definitely the jacuzzi, sauna and exercise room on the 23rd floor with spetcular views. The Eaton Centre shopping centre is only a couple hundred metres away, and the Hockey Hall of Fame is within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear HolidayFanatic1999,

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us last year and hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon. You will be pleased to know that since your last stay we have enhanced our breakfast buffet with a selection of hot breakfast items. We also renovated and expanded our 22nd floor Fitness Centre and Spa - expanding those spectacular views. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cambridges Suites Hotel Toronto

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!