“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

Save Saved
You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Summer Rates from $149
Ranked #16 of 141 hotels in Toronto
UK
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Since the day I booked, after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, the service I received from the Cambridge Suites was excellent (stayed 15th Sept for a week - apologies to the hotel for the delayed review)

I was booking the trip as a surprise for my husband's 40th birthday from the UK so I emailed the hotel to book a suite. The responses to my questions were very speedy and helpful as was the info for visits we wanted to make to tourist attractions.

I had booked a limo through the hotel to pick us up however this did not turn up, which was not great after the flight from the UK but we got a cab, so no drama (plus the hotel gave us a complimentary transfer back to the hotel which was much appreciated). I had booked a Penthouse suite to celebrate the birthday, which was a one bed suite, however on arrival, we were upgraded to a 2 bed, 2 storey penthouse suite! Amazing suite. We were so happy – plus we were given a bottle of champagne. The service from arrival to departure was faultless
The hotel is very clean and well looked after. I used the small gym for the first two nights, which was ok, but then made full use of the fantastic gym the hotel has access to- a 5 minute walk away and excellent!
Location, fantastic! Perfect for seeing all the sights. Breakfast was included for us and was again, fantastic.
I only have positive things to say about the Cambridge Suites, they really do look after you there. We will definitely be returning when we go back to Toronto. Thanks very much to Tim and his fantastic team!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Lindsk72,

Sincere thanks for the tremendous review. I am very pleased that we met your expectations and your husband's surprise birthday getaway was a success. Please accept my sincere apologies for the limo service not arriving. I am glad our team recovered a bad situation well. Please be sure to pass along my contact information to your husband so I can help him plan your birthday surprise!

Yours in Hospitaltiy, Tim

1,234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Based on so many positive reviews of the CSH in Toronto, it was my first choice and booked well in advance. Usually I stay at the more upscale mass-market chains (Fairmont, Trump, Westin, etc) but I wanted a central location to shops, a larger suite, a homier feel, and the potential for the front-desk team to remember me by name as I entered and left. Check on all accounts! Even an early check-in and a late check-out were accommodated graciously, and it took mere minutes to get into the room and settle the bill at the end of a too-short-stay.

The suite was large, nearly 500 sq ft, divided into a large living room with sofa, chair, full wet bar complete with fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, and all the essentials, flat-screen HDTV, desk with numerous data ports (wireless internet was free); big bedroom with a King bed, another desk, flat-screen TV, privacy doors, en-suite bathroom with oversized sink and vanity w/massive storage drawers, separate shower/tub and toilet; plus 2 closets! Fundamentals you don't get with most suites, let alone at the higher-priced chains.

My room was 1508, a high floor with a great side view over to Scotia Place, away from the elevator but not a long jaunt; never heard a peep from the neighbours! Room service was used for extra cream and coffee, and they brought me a weekend's worth! Portico restaurant was used twice for free continental breakfast, and was clean, well-laid out, and the food (muffins, bagels, cereals, eggs, oatmeal, juices, coffees & teas, etc) was hearty, fresh & hot, with a great sightline of busy Richmond & Yonge, among the heart of Toronto's gorgeous and bustling financial district. Located centrally for quick trips to The Bay, Eaton Centre, Queen's Park & Nathan Philips Square, Queen St West, Yonge & Dundas, Church & Wellesley, Wellington St & the St Lawrence Market, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre & CN Tower... essentially if you're coming to TO for tourism, Cambridge Suites is in the middle of it all!

From the personalized service, to the car service booked with ease, a wonderful rate that treats everyone first-class without the high cost, to a renovated top-floor sauna/spa/fitness centre I'll have to visit next time in Toronto. Yes, II'll be booking at Cambridge Suites again!

Room Tip: 1508 was my suite, large, quiet, away from elevator, good views, amazing King Bed!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear DJSHOWBOY,

Thank you for the wonderful review and thoughtful comments. It was nice to read that we lived up to our great reputation and you felt that you recieved good value. We are just putting the finishing touches on our Fitness Centre renovation and expect it will be completed this week. I can't wait for you to see the new look - we have doubled the workout space (and the 22nd floor views!) Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service to you.

All the best, Tim
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on our honeymoon for $300. We found it to be an absolute bargain when comparing to the rest of the hotels on our trip. We checked in a bit early and our room wasn't ready, however they called us immediately when it was ready. The staff and service was second to none and we were provided with a platter and card as their gift to us. The location was good with a short walk to the Eaton Centre. Overall the room was spacious with all the amenities you require, free wifi, very large bathroom/powder room even if it was a bit dated. Our room had a view which was nice. It was great value and very spacious and I would highly recommend this.

Room Tip: Request room with view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kingcalo,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We wish you all the best for the future and are glad we could play a small part in your very special celebration. I hope we get to see you again on your anniversary.

Best Wishes, Tim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the suite I stayed in (1304) had a corner window with pleasant views toward the eaton centre. I had never been to Toronto before but the location of this hotel turned out to be excellent; within 5 minutes walk from the subway and shopping of the eaton centre (which is enormous). But also within easy reach of most attractions; i walked to the CN tower in less than 20 minutes Really comfortable bed and other furniture. I think it is good (not great) value. But much better from what I could see of other hotels at this price in the area.The buffet breakfast is ok. The restaurant itself is very good. I would definitely stay there again. They are currently refurbishing their fitness centre n the top floor, and they provide access to a local club in the meantime but I didn't try it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear JamboTravel,

It was nice to read that you felt we delivered good value. On behalf of my team, thank you for the kind words and thoughtful recommendation. I am sorry our full spa and fitness facilities were not available during your stay, but am certain you will love the newly upgraded and expanded facilities with twice as many of the incredible 22nd floor views to distract you from your workout. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice hotel -city scapes suite lovely with living area and separate bedroom with French doors . Great breakfast included in our rate definitely recommend for a city stay. Very close to Queen subway station and also The Bay department store and Eaton Center

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Jetsetter,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and share your thoughts with other tripadvisor readers. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we see you again.

Ennismore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just stayed this past weekend and we have nothing but good to say about our experience with this Hotel The hotel staff were extremely friendly and very helpful . The rooms are very nicely
decorated , and very clean. Parking was very convenient. So overall this was a great experience
We will definitely use this hotel again. !!!

Room Tip: Ask about the Suites. They are well worth the extra !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear curiousformore,

Sincere thanks for the wonderful review. Please be sure to let me know when you are returning so I can pass along a personal thank you.

Yours in Hospitality, Tim
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel and overall it was a great experience! I was a bit hesitant when booking, due to not being at all familiar with this hotel, but was encouraged by it's high ratings on this site.

I had no problem finding the hotel parking, even though I wasn't familiar with the area. I didn't realize until afterwards that I could just pay for my parking at the front desk and I paid for a night at the meter (with my credit card). This was accounted for however when I went to front desk and told them...so they charged me only for the remaining night (cost approximately $27/night).

Fortunately, I was able to check in early, which was a bonus, since I had a conference to attend at 1pm. My room was clean and spacious and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I ate one night at the restaurant downstairs in the hotel (Portico, I think)...the food was awesome...great service, although it was a bit pricy (as hotel food usually is).

I was looking forward to using the hot tub, however it is currently being renovated. They did offer day passes for Good Life Fitness and another fitness facility, but I didn't take advantage of it. The only other thing I was surprised about was that they put a $100 hold on my credit card when I checked in...I wasn't expecting this, although it wasn't a big deal.

Overall, this was a great hotel and I would be happy to return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ccaterer,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your thoughtful comments. Please accept my apologies for the spa and fitness centre renovations. They are nearly complete and I am certain you will enjoy the new look, expanded views, and increased fitness space. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service to you.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!