“Great for people with special needs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

You added Cambridge Suites Toronto to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Richmond St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1N2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great for people with special needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My 24 year old son had a serious knee injury and we needed a place to stay for a few days (with no stairs) after his surgery. We arrived directly from the hospital and he was in tremendous pain. I can't say enough about the fantastic service we received. Every staff member was very very attentive...they couldn't do enough to help us out. In addition to all the normal stuff you would expect, this included helping to get him into our suite, fixing a problem with his wheelchair...the list goes on and on. The service is really fantastic. In addition, the hotel is very comfortable...it really feels like the next best thing to being at home. My son loved the comfortable king-sized bed with great linens and pillows. He was really happy to be in that bed. I've stayed in many hotels over the years, and this one rates very highly, including when compared to more expensive properties.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Napanee, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was looking for a hotel in Toronto where my daughter and her dog Bogey could stay with me. I found several good options but some wanted as much as $100 extra for the dog. The Cambridge Suites charges a one time $35 fee which I could definitely live with. I also found a deal right her on trip advisor. $199/night for a suite with two double beds, free parking and free internet. They also gave us two vouchers for breakfast in the morning so the deal was even better than it sounded.

The underground parking wasn't too bad and I was able to park my full size car easily. The hotel is located on a one way street and is very easy to enter. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. The room was beautiful and spacious. The bathroom can be accessed from the living or bedroom. There is a minibar and a separate fridge for your own drinks. It didn't appear to be cool in the fridge part although the freezer was cold. I called the front desk and someone was at the door in less than five minutes and had it going. Also one of the housekeeping staff came at the same time and brought us two bottles of water and some chocolates. In the morning I went down to the restaurant and one of the staff there got me a tray so I could take breakfast up to our room because we couldn't leave Bogey alone. They had a very good breakfast with eggs, bagels, muffins, toast, yogurt and fresh fruit. We had a very enjoyable stay. We saw several other dogs in the hotel. I will definitely use this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Paarl, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Cambridge Suites during the Toronto International Film Festival. We had the most pleasant experience! The suite we stayed in was wonderfully spacious - we even used it for a business meeting. The bed/linen was clean and fresh and made for a very comfortable stay. Only criticism is that the room service is very expensive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Mateo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stay here frequently and have stayed at almost all of the hotels in Toronto. Granted, there are many that are nicer (Ritz, 4 Seasons, Intercontinental, Park Hyatt, etc) However, the Cambridge Suites is a great value. Nice big suites, good beds, and lots of room to spread out. If I am in the downtown area, I typically stay here for its convenience. Some of the rooms are in need of updating, but it remains very clean. Recommend that you request one of the "upper" floor rooms. These will cost a couple of dollars more, but it is worth it for the extra quiet and nicer linens. Good breakfast as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have stayed here many times and always enjoyed my stay. Very convenient location easy parking. Near Eaton Centre and TTC(Subway). All rooms are 500 square feet so no worries about getting a small room. Breakfast is good and complementary but it can get a bit crowded at times. Staff is always very nice and professional. Hotel is very clean and well kept up. East facing rooms are better and when you upgrade to cityscape on the higher floors you get a nice view plus bed is more comfortable and internet is free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I have. Not really a family hotel no pool or childrens activities more of a business oriented facilty.

Room Tip: Get a room facing East on higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Excellent location! All rooms are suites, plenty of room, flatscreen in the bedroom and in Living room area, Full doors to close off bedroom, microwave - two mini fridges - there is a hot tub and small exercize room (small but clean, and not busy)on top floor with view of city - When we booked we asked for early check in and they added a note but said no guarantee, it was not a problem and we were able to check in at noon. Check out is 1 which is later than most. Housekeeping staff are wonderful, morning front desk could be more friendly - helpful when asked but didnt volunteer info - also we missed the included breakfast by 10 minutes, I wondered if I might get a cup of coffee but instead was told there were plenty of breakfast places in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I been at Cambridge Hotel several times, it's my favorite Hotel in Toronto. It's very quiet and private, suites are plain but comfortable and clean, with a small kitchen, I can buy food and warm up later, it's convenient for me, sometimes I have meetings or have to spend time in the internet because my business, not much time to go out for dinner and I can keep up with my diet and workout, the gym is a block away. Also have a small gym with cardio and weights and a jacuzzi at the top floor. It's just few steps from the Eaton Centre, huge shopping mall, it's right in the city center, lot's of restaurants nearby. It's a great place to stay, I really like this Hotel and the crew, they don't give you a hard time at the check in, I always check in earlier and checkout later without any problems.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Cambridge Suites Toronto? Share your experiences!