“Friendly Staff, location and cleanliness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bond Place Hotel

You added Bond Place Hotel to your Saves list
Bond Place Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Dundas St. East, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2G8, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #57 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Kingston
“Friendly Staff, location and cleanliness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

As a frequent traveller to five star hotels all across Canada in my business life I always look forward to a delightful change when I stay at the Bond Place in Toronto, where the friendly staff always recognize me. The location for visiting Toronto could not be better, right in the midst of both downtown and the transit system. It is within walking distance of a number of the best hospitals in Canada as well as a number of long term care facilities. The hotel is always exceptionally clean, there is a cafe on the premises and both a Starbucks and Tim Horton's right across the street. There is usually some activity going on in Dundas Square and you are one block from the Eaton's Centre as well as all the activity on Yonge Street. Zia is a man of magic, and can get you anything you need, always smiling and asking what he can do to help. Paul at the front desk, as well as other front desk staff are friendly, courteous and very helpful. As a frequent visitor I always look forward to seeing Paul who gives you a wave as you go in and out and always calls me by name. It is the personal touch that means so much. The rooms are small and there is not a lot of space if you wish to lounge around in your room all day however it is exactly what you need if you intend to spend a lot of time out of your room. It is not a luxurious hotel but neither are the prices. There are lots of young people around and visitors from many different countries but I have never encountered any noise concerns. I have always felt exceptionally secure both at the hotel and in the area.There is bus transportation to the downtown hotels from the airport and I often arrive very tired from a long flight. It is so nice to be greeted warmly, recognized, and know I can tuck into a nice clean room. I have already booked my next two visits! Thanks Paul.

Room Tip: There are various combinations of beds in rooms so be sure to ask for exactly what you need when boo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Marilyn B,

Thank you sharing your lovely comments regarding Zia and Paul. They are more appreciated and I know that the staff here would love to hear them. Of course they will be shared with everyone here.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post them and are pleased to hear you had a great visit.

Hope to see you here again really soon!

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Best Location next to Eaton Center and the Tour Buses, the greek in front of the Hotel...super cheap and yummy!!! And the best part of the hotel Zia who is so polite and helpful, the ladies that offer the tours are incredible both

• Stayed October 2013
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Khidalgohotmail,

Thank you so much for sharing such lovely comments about your experience! We truly appreciate it and hope when you visit Toronto again we will have the pleasure of you as our guest again.

Your comments about Zia are very kind and they will be shared with him and the rest of the team here, as I am sure they will be most pleased to hear them.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel and for being our Guest!
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My trip to Toronto was for 2 days and I organized my stay as 1 day Niagara Falls, 1 day Toronto downtown. Since I had a big luggage I wanted to leave it at Toronto Hotel so I could travel Niagara Falls easily. Leaving luggage is always welcomed in every hotel I have visited all around the world but just to make sure I called Bond Place prior to the booking and lady on the phone told me its ok to leave my suitcase.

When I arrived to the hotel on 25th of October just to leave my suitcase, the questioning reaction of the receptionist was derogatory and felt like she was doing a huge favor to me by accepting my luggage. Later on another receptionist came to pick my suitcase with a highly displeased manner.

After handing my luggage I realized that I had to get something from there and asked the second receptionist in a polite way to have my luggage back and he really got angry with me asking if am I going to continue asking for my luggage all day long back and forth. I was treated like a little child but not like a customer.

I stayed at the hotel on 26th and was staying on the 7th floor. I do not know if there was a some kind of teenage reunion on that floor because all day long people literally partied on the 7th floor alley and the worst part is in the middle of the night some people were knocking on our door and running away.

Well the location was good and that was the only reason I chose the hotel for 160$. But never again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Bilge C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we really appreciate it as it gives us the opportunity to correct service provided and continue to improve daily.

The hotel accepts hundreds of pieces of luggage on a daily basis so I am very shocked to here that your bags were not taken with the same courtsey we provide daily. My sincere apologies for such an experience.

Regarding the youth that sounded like they were "hanging out" near by your room or in the hallways. I am so sorry you had these people disturbing you during your visit, we do have security on every single day patrolling the entire hotel including the corridors.

Anytime noise or other guests are causing a disturbance of any sort security can be called up and will ensure the problem guests are removed from the hotel. We have a strict no party policy in effect and do not allow any guests to create such a disturbance. Had the event been reported to us we would be able to pin point the issue and resolve it.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I would like to hear who you were speaking with that caused you to feel unwelcome so I may resolve it. Please feel free to call the hotel direct at (416)362-6061 and ask for the Front Office Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Got got back from an amazing time in Toronto and the Bond Hotel with our friends. In the last 4 years the Bond Place is the only place I've ever stayed (5 times in one year!), mainly due to the location. No matter the weather you're only a few steps from the Dundas/Younge subway station. Rooms are very clean. Staff are very friendly from the front desk to the girls you meet in the hallway. My only complaint is the hot water. Long long time running but it'll come eventually, just in case you're wondering. I often say I will try another hotel next time but at reservation time I always book The Bond! The coffee (Americano) is fantastic in the café off the lobby!
Front of house staff means so much to me personally and every time I leave this hotel my last vision is always Donna. Another reason I keep coming back :)

Room Tip: When you read the reviews on The Bond keep an open mind especially the reviews that are not that gre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right. We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Centre as well as hundreds of additional shopping options and an unlimited number of dining options sure to please! The city's transportation system, the TTC, is literally outside our doors.

All of us here care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us and take great pride in the service we offer to our guests.

I do apologize the hot water took a few minutes to warm up for you. Depending on what floor your on it can take a few moments as the water has to travel multiple levels through the system to reach the guest rooms.

We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us from out front office staff to the restaurant in the lobby. We will definitely be sure to pass your comments along to Donna as well as the entire team here at the hotel.

We would be honored to accomodate you once again when you return to Toronto.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel again and again!
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The location of this hotel is amazing, within walking distance to downtown attractions and just steps from Dundas Square and the subway but if you are looking for a quiet night this is not the place. We were awakened by garbage pick ups and helicopter landings in the middle of the night and the walls are paper thin.

Overall, the hotel has friendly staff, clean modernized rooms and comfortable beds. Didn't like that WiFi was $10 (after taxes) for 24 hours. I think it should be included in the room price. They do have two computer stations in the lobby though that we used a couple of times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right. We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto right beside Yonge and Dundas Square and access to the TTC, Toronto's public transportation system, is available just outside our doors.

We greatly apologize if you were disturbed by noise during your stay with us. A nearby hospital does have helicopters from time to time landing on their roof but we can assign any guests room on different side of the hotel upon request to provide a quieter stay.

There is a charge for wifi access of $10.11 per day including tax. There are 2 computers also available for guest use 24 hours per day free of charge and there are also suites and business rooms that include complimentary wifi for those guests that desire that.

We renovated our hotel approximately two years ago and all of us here at the Bond Place Hotel take great pride in the service we offer to our guests.

We would be honored to have the opportunity to accomodate you and your family if you ever return to the city of Toronto.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

It's absolutely not a 3stars hotel. It's more a kind of youth or teenagers hotel.

Room are very very small. In my life, I saw only one smaller double bed room and that was in NY, Manhattan. I travel many weeks every year...

Old linen in bed, a lot of sound from other room (teenagers) and music from a bar outside. If you add the light from the signs outside, good luck to sleep...

After seeing our room and realize all the trouble this night can be, we ask to be refund and just go somewhere else. Staff refuse but offer us to change our room with an extra cost. That almost double our stay...

Parking at 19$ a night, it's ,again, too expansive!

For teenagers that could be a good location. For my self, I prefer many other area I've booked in Toronto. Just a few street North is a lot better example!

Again, if this place is a 3 stars Hotel, George Lazenby is the best James Bond!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fred H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. This feedback allows up to follow up with the staff and inform them how we could have given you better service.

My apologies you were not moved to a comparable room with no charge. Our higher rooms facing south are very quite and don't hear any of the action from the city. Being in the heart of downtown Toronto the weekends tend to be very busy outside when events are taking place.

Regarding parking, yes its unfortunate we must charge for the parking. We have however compared our parking charges to many hotels in the city and found we are indeed one of the lowest priced hotels in general as well we offer a undergroud garage with security cameras, patrol gaurds and parking garage staff.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for the Front Office Manager if you would like to further discuss your stay with us.

Been to Bond Place Hotel? Share your experiences!