“Extremely good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bond Place Hotel

You added Bond Place Hotel to your Saves list
Bond Place Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Dundas St. East, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2G8, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #56 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
New York, United States
“Extremely good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well this place charges a good price for the location and whats inside the hotel. I want to note that this is not a 100% service hotel in that there is no room service, spa, free internet etc. The rooms are very clean and fairly new.

You can also tell that this hotel did cut some corners when they remodeled but overall again it is extremely good price for the location and quality of stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay at the Bond Place Hotel was not fully to your satisfaction. We do offer rooms which include internet and our restaurant is in a process of opening room service. As we are in the heart of downtown we could recommend the Spa in the area when you are next in. Speaking on behalf of the Bond Place team we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Bond Place Hotel in Toronto last October. The hotel is very modern inside and the reception staff very friendly even on the peak times. The room was new, modern, not very big but also not too small and it had a king bed. The bathroom is also modern but the shower was not very strong. The hotel and the room were really clean. The hotel is well located and there is public transportation two minutes from it. The shopping malls are also near as well as many restaurants. I got a room on the last floor so it was not noisy and I had a nice view to the city. I definitely recommend it for a short vacation in Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for recommending the Bond Place Hotel. I am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Toronto home.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It’s not a *bad* place, but there was little that seemed *good* about it. Consider it firmly in the “okay but no screaming hell” category. It was reasonably (thought not spotlessly) clean, had a fridge/iron/ironing board/coffee maker in the room. So big thumbs up there. Also, it’s pretty well situated close to the Eaton Centre, Dundas Square, Theatres, etc, If you’re not looking for more than a place to hang your hat, it would serve you well.

If, however, you are a large person, or are more than one person, it might prove challenging. The room was pretty tiny in the sleeping area, and if Mrs. Shrewd had been there with me I don’t know how the two of us would have managed. And though larger than life personality-wise, we are both a little on the small side physically speaking.

In addition to being small, the room had no desk - as mentioned in others' reviews. While I managed to pull the chair in alongside the bed and set up my computer, it wasn’t what would pass for “business class” in most other hotels I’ve stayed in. Overall, the room was pretty tiny but okay.

The desk staff, on the other hand, were...they weren’t rude or incompetent or anything like that, but they did seem rather disorganized. I phoned weeks prior to getting there and asked to extend my stay by one day on the arrival end. I was assured this would be completely possible, and though not for the same rate, one within about $10. I said that would be fine but that I wanted the same room. “No problem,” according to the voice on the other end.

This turned out to be a bit of a surprise to the people checking me in, who told me I’d have to change rooms the following day. I point out that I’d specifically asked, and been assured that this would not happen. “Can you put me in the same room for three nights? I’m actually paying more for tonight” Sorry, there are no business queen available tonight. “Can you put me in the less classy but more expensive room for the same three days?” Well, I suppose, but…

I ask what the difference between standard and business queens is, and the guy tells me there’s none, other than the floor number. (As it turns out, based on my observations the differences are that the Standard Queen has a tub while the Business Queen has only a shower, but gives you free internet and is located on the top floors of the hotel.)

Anyway, I really had to bargain with them to let me take a more expensive, theoretically inferior, room than I was supposed to have. They eventually gave in, and I was glad I didn’t have to change rooms mid-stay. I would, however, have been happier if they’d been able to provide what they said they would on the phone.

Aside: I had to borrow a pair of scissors from the desk. The agent really did not want to let me take them up to my room and had to be convinced – not only by me but by one of his colleagues. It was just weird. The guy eventually gave them to me, but again it required this unnatural effort to get the staff to agree to something simple. For what it’s worth, they were the dullest scissors in the history of mankind.

I suppose that in retrospect, my issue with the staff was that they didn’t seem to make it easy for me to overlook the averageness of the hotel. Great staff can make other shortcomings not matter so much; alas this place just gets a C across the board.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review. I am sorry to hear about your experience at the front desk. We strive to adhere to our guest's every need above and beyond their expectations, and it is clear that we failed to achieve this aim on this occasion. I would definitely make sure that this doesn’t reoccur and assure you that we will accommodate you in a bigger square footage room when you come and stay with us next time.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A great hotel located at the heart of Toronto. The staffs are very friendly and helpful with a special mention to Paul who was so awesome! The location is excellent in a sense that it is very accessible to the malls, restaurants, subway, church & no problems with cabs either. The room might be small, but clean & well ventilated, tv got loads of channels, bathroom is very clean & well organized..can't complain.Service is excellent & it's definitely a thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
What a lovely review. I am so pleased you have enjoyed our service during your recent stay with us. I will also make sure to pass on your comment to Paul. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The only problem I have with this hotel which I've stayed at twice was the fact I got a room with two very small twin beds. I booked with one of the secret hotel websites which only name the hotel once you've paid. So I guess I'm at the bottom of the priority list when it comes to assigning rooms. Even though there were many groups and sports teams staying both times I was there ... I was surprised that I couldn't get a double/queen bed!
The recent renovation maked the hotel very modern despite its dated structure. Bathroom is very clean and functional altho awkward shelving. Amenities excellent but no proper table - just a wide shelf along the window.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review. We do have two twin bed rooms as we do cater to lots of tour companies. I am sorry to hear that in both occasion you had twin rooms assigned for you. I would suggest you to book on our website as we offer the lowest rate there and you would be able to select the room type also. We look forward to see you again in the near future.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

excellent location. airport shuttle stops right in front of the hotel, 2 minutes walk to toronto eaton centre. room is really small (but you're just there to sleep), very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. would definitely recommend to people!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments and the great endorsement of the hotel. Indeed it is fantastic and it sounds like you had a great time. Hopefully your travels can bring you back in the near future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for s mall trip to Toronto. The lobby was very modern and clean. The service was some of the best. I was having troubles printing some concert tickets and they helped me out in a very courteous manner. The room was small, but well kept and clean. And when I say small, I just say that in comparison to most hotels I've been in. We were not looking to live there, and space was very adequate for our purpose. The bathroom was clean and the shower was quite user friendly. The TV had plenty of channels, the view was great and the location is literally right beside the Eaton Center. The restaurant downtairs isn't the best though, we only ordered a juice and it was overpriced for a slightly bland beverage. Finding a restaurant near the hotel is no problem though. Parking is not in the same building, but just on the otherside of the intersection in a parking garage with surprisingly friendly parking attendants. Parking is not cheap though, like most of that city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your brief visit at the Bond Place Hotel. I do agree that the freshly squeeze orange juice is a little bit higher then the regular orange juice. But I can assure you that we are the lowest in price for parking in Downtown Toronto. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Been to Bond Place Hotel? Share your experiences!