“Extremely run down poorly managed and disgusting hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #72 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Extremely run down poorly managed and disgusting hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have stayed many Crown Plaza hotels and this is by far the worst one I have Ever stayed at.
When I go to check in I arrive and my room is completely filthy
I try calling down to front desk no one answers
I then head back downstairs with the gentleman offers me a more modern room
It was on the 12th floor I go to get in the elevator and realize there is no 12th floor listed on the elevator I later find out I must take the elevator to the 11th floor then proceed to a set of staircases and climb up a flight of stairs in order to reach my floor with of course my child and my suitcase in hand

Once I arrived in my room there is so much dust on the table coffee maker and really everything I could write my name it you could visibly see it

The swimming pool is absolutely disgusting I think if the health department ever saw the state of that swimming pool it would be closed down
There is such a thick black ring around the edge of the pool
children were drawing in it with their nails you could barely see your feet while standing in the pool because the pool was so filled with Scum the water had a yellowish green tinge the hot tub had mold in it and the same ring around of scum all of the Jets in the hot tub did not function nor was it even remotely hot

I would never stay in this hotel again nor would I recommend it to anyone

• Stayed June 2014
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, and will look into what happened during your stay. We typically get very good reviews on the services we provide and on quality of the guest rooms, and do our best to respond quickly when notified of any problems. Reviews like yours are invaluable as they help us improve.
We hope that you will consider us for a future stay.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I are regular travellers to Canada - we booked a trip to Toronto and lodged at the Crowne Plaza which is about 5 mins or so from the airport , upon arrival for checking in , we discovered that parking was not free ,even though when we booked it was listed with free complimentary parking , once we got our room key from the disgruntled staff members , we proceeded up to the 8 Floor, after trekking down the hallway , we could smell cigarette smoke, even though again they stated this was a non-smoking floor , here, where it gets better ..the hallways was like something out of a Motel, the old decrepit wallpaper was utterly unattractive. once in the room , we found the room in a satisfactory manner , the wall were all scratched up , toilet was filthy , it was like we were stuffed in a closet . we then call the front desk to make a complaint , again dealing with unfriendliness of the front desk . they sent up some woman to inspect the room which was of no help . we ask to be move to another room , and would you believe again we were shoved into the back of the closet , this time it was even worst , we try to take a shower the tub was backed up and would not drain fast enough , do you know how gross it is to be bathing in your own filth!!!!! we complained again , and no one was sent up to look at the tub , the cleaning lady mentioned nothing to management about the tub being backed up , you would think she would , giving they even cleaned it . 2 days past , finally we were on our way out and stopped at the front desk , I spoke to a young indian man name (Kwasi or something like that ) which was very polite and to my surprise upon returning that night , the tub was fixed, that was the only sensible and customer friendly person we dealt with at the hotel the entire time . we would not recommend anyone staying at the Crowne Plaza Toronto Canada . it was awful . I could go on , but you get the jiss.

Room Tip: Review and Review before making any reservations , and call the hotel to find out what is includ...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for bringing the concerns with your stay to our attention. Honest feedback from our guests is of the utmost importance to us, as this helps us monitor and further improve our products and services to our guests.
We strive for continuous excellence at Crowne Plaza, which is achieved through our guests alerting us to these opportunities. It is unfortunate that you encountered concerns during your stay with us. We rely heavily on guests alerting us to unsatisfactory experiences while they are still here, so we are given the opportunity to rectify the concern.
Again, we appreciate the time you took to provide feedback to us after your stay. Your comments will be reviewed by the leadership team to look into further development. Thank you for staying with us, we hope that the above unsatisfactory occurrences did not hinder your overall experience at the hotel and that you will stay with us again.
Geneva2009
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Around the airport there are many hôtels at rather reasonable prices. However, this location does not meet the usual Crown Plaza standard.
Rather run-down, more Motel-6 than anything else. The rooms have probably been refreshed well over 10 years ago. Everything is pretty basic. Clean, but basic.
Wi-Fi for free: a positive point (even if the speed is not top)
Fitness: machines from the last century (open 24 hours)
Pool: starts only at 7 am (this at an international airport...) - only Inside and rather sticky air - attention: people walking to the breakfast will see you!!
Power Adapters: not for sale, not for loan (yes, the hotel is next door to an international airport.....)
Breakfast: ok, if included. if not, you might as well eat at the airport
Airport shuttle: once you identify the right shuttle (not easy), about every 30 minutes
All in all, I think there are better options. Consider spending a few dollars more - it might be your Worth wile (but attention: there are still hôtels out there charging your for internet: Hilton - Sheraton)

Room Tip: Don't bother about breakfast (unless your requirements are very basic and your budget large enou...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations but I appreciate that you pointed out areas of our operation that could be improved. Rest assured that your comments have been shared and discussed with our management team. We hope that we will have an opportunity in future to welcome you back.
Victoria, british columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I know I arrived early but the gentleman said that Hotwire guests are not allowed early check ins. Being in this industry for well over 10 years, I wouldn't say those words. I would say it's simply unavailable. They did not offer to store my luggage, a call or text when it was available or access to the amenities on site. Once I was able to check in the lady (I think sienne?) was very nice. Once I checked out a different lady was very rude. There are better options in the area for your money. It wasn't worth the hotwire price.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at our hotel. It is important for us to hear from you in order to know and be able to address your concerns.
At Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel, we take great pride in the service we provide. Rest assured that your experience is in no way indicative of our standards and service levels. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your stay with you. Please contact me directly at you earliest convenience at frontofficemanager@cptayyz.com
North Canton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Here's what I liked about the Crowne Plaza:

- Easy Parking
- Nice Lobby
- Easy to get to off of 427 or 27
- Close to the Woodbine Horse Racing Track (and Slots)
- Close to the office.
- There are a couple of restaurants located next door to it, including what looks like a nice steak place.

But here's why I would consider staying somewhere else on my next business trip:

- Room was pretty small
- Breakfast price was very expensive. My breakfast was included in my rate, but the gentleman traveling with me didn't have that and I think it turned out to be close to $ 20.
- The air conditioner in my room had a rattle that was too noisy and annoying.
- It looked like there were lots of other Hotel choices near-by, so I am guessing I could find something nice for about the same price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and for taking time to highlight the pro’s and con’s from your recent stay. We appreciate your candid feedback. We truly hope that we can change your mind about our hotel and that you will be willing to give us another try. Our hotel does offer different room types that can surely meet and exceed your comfort and stay requirements. It is with regret that we were not given the opportunity to resolve the issue with the AC unit in your room while you were on site. Our staff would have gone above and beyond to ensure that your stay was nothing less than comfortable and relaxing. Here's hoping that you will consider staying with us again...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to toronto for a mini vacation honestly the hotel was the best part of our vacation. The rooms were very clean and quiet other then the planes all night but it was good and cheap prices we only spent 90 a night! Would recommend this hotel to anyone going to toronto!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for rating Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport 5 stars!! We are extremely pleased to hear that our hotel was the best part of your vacation! Most of all we are happy that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at a great value! We hope that we can provide you and your friends with another successful stay! We look forward to welcoming you back any time you’re in Toronto!

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at this great hotel before an early morning flight out of Pearson Airport. Did I mention the wonderful deal we got? This was in March, during our spring break period and we were able to get a deal from Travelzoo whereby we had a lovely room, parking for up to 21 days and a full, delicious buffet breakfast all for a very reasonable price - less than what we would have paid for parking alone.
The free shuttle bus delivered us promptly to and from the airport to the secure parking lot right at the hotel.
The room was nicely decorated, had comfy beds and wifi. It's a busy spot but the staff made us feel welcome and answered any and all questions we had.
I'd check this out, even without special offers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for such a lovely review! Your comments and feedback mean a lot to us! We are more than happy that you were able to take advantage of our Travelzoo promotional deal back in March and that Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport was able to cater to all of your needs and stay requirements! We will be sure to share your review of our hotel with the rest of our team. We would love nothing more that to welcome you back in the future!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!