“A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“A Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 6 months; it's a very nice hotel with good amenities, and the lobby is the huge, old-fashioned kind, with several groups of comfortable seating if you are waiting for someone or just want to sit and read the newspaper. I booked a Queen "Classic" room this time and discovered that "Classic" means "has not been renovated yet". My first room seemed to be missing furniture (I usually find a comfortable chair and small side table, but there was none, leaving a huge open space in one corner of the room, where the carpet was actually quite stained and dirty). There was only one "office" chair at the desk. As I was meeting a colleague to go over some business prior to our meeting, I requested another room with the usual furniture, and hotel staff immediately and graciously complied. My new room (same room, just one floor up) was a "Queen Modern", and the difference was appreciable. Nicer bed, updated bathroom and newer carpeting. Front desk staff is excellent, and the restaurant has a nice menu, with attentive service. There is a 24-hour shuttle to the airport (which is only 5-10 minutes away). Parking your vehicle adds $14 to your daily tab, but I believe they offer some "park 'n fly" options. There are several nice restaurants just a 2-minute walk across the parking lot (Mother Tuckers, Boston Pizza, Tony Roma's (ribs), Canyon Creek). I will definitely stay here again the night before an early flight out, or for my next business meeting, but will request a "Modern" room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear guest,
I am very happy to hear that your recent stay with us provided a positive experience from your initial point of contact by using the airport shuttle, through to your check-in, and dining in the restaurant, and best of all, that the staff were great! Looking forward to welcoming you back with us again in the near future.
Elena Naryjnaia
Front Office Manager

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel overall is one of my favorite ones in the Airport area. I always try to get the Executive rooms as they have the nice added touch of a very nice glass shower with an outstanding shower head (looking into buying the sam "Speakman" for my place).

You don't hear the aircraft from the second floor club room. However, the insulation makes it so that you can hear pretty clearly what is going on in the hall and I would like to see an improvement there.

One terrible aspect was one night when the hotel was grossly overbooked. I had to wait roughly 1h30 around midnight with a bunch of stranded WestJet passengers before finding out that we were going to the Days Hotel. I found it sad that in their guarantee, they should have put me in a comparable room to the one I booked, instead I got an economy room far, far from an executive at the Crowne Plaza. I understand that overbooking is a normal practice, I work for an airline, but what I did not appreciate was that I was told I would get a call from a manager to make amends to the situation after my stay but I never got that promised call. Extremely disappointing. The fiasco certainly took a lot of sleep out of my already short night.

From some IHG hotels to others, executive can mean various things. Here, I enjoy that they serve Starbuck's coffee in the exec club room with some small snacks and fruit punch. In the morning, they offer a very small complimentary selection of muffins and pastries for breakfast and some fruit. I wish there was a bit more selection, because that would definitely keep me coming back.

The bed is extremely comfortable and the rooms are nicely sized. Most with a separate work desk and two additional lounging chairs. I also like the available easy acces outlets right on the desk and on both nightstands, which is something rare. I usually find myself digging behind the beds for an outlet, but not here!

I would recommend this place. But I'd like to see some improvements before I determine excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for posting a review and providing feedback of your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you found the club rooms and specially our location suitable for your needs.
I am very sorry that we failed to check you in in a timely manner. There are few times during the year that we are busier than usual with distressed passengers. Our team of managers do their best to maintain room inventory and I am sorry to read that we were not successful in this case. Rest assured that your comments will be shared and discussed with our management team.
I do invite you to contact me at frontofficemanager@cptayyz.com so we can discuss the situation with your relocation on a sold out night.
Thank you for staying with us! We hope to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel!
Sturgeon Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

this is our 4th time at this hotel and for only $25 as club members we upgraded to the club floor. continental breakfast, free coffee, fantastic large spacious rooms and more. The staff were fabulous and so helpful. Thank you so much for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear “lenfromsturgeon”, thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our Crowne Floor and the amenties that come with the upgrade. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Elena Naryjnaia
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staff we friendly and efficient, lobby and rooms are modern, wifi free and pretty quick. Free pickup and drop off to the airport is very helpful. It is about $55 into the downtown from the hotel. Planes fly low overhead so the rooms, including the old air conditioners, are noisy. Plenty of towels in the bathroom and an exhaust fan. Room service was a bit slow at 40 mins. Overall it is ok for a airport stopover waiting for a flight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear “Matt_kal” thank you for your recent review. Your comments have been passed on to their respective departments for review and for immediate follow up.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had to spend a night in Toronto and Air Canada sent me to this hotel. Hotel itself is rather unmemorable. The rooms are average in size and dated. I was on the 10th floor and could hear planes making loud noise taking off. The front desk staff is helpful and cheerful. I asked for a different room on the opposite of the hotel and they did that change for me quickly. The new room is better with the plane noise.

The HVAC unit for each room is under the window and can be noisy as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear “Charles02138” thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Your comments have been shared with our chief engineer for follow up. We apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please note that Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport has a variety of rooms to offer other than our Classic rooms that was booked for you by Air Canada. When travelling on your own please note to that there is a Modern room option, our Crowne Executive, Quite and Suites.

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My number one criteria as a business traveler is the attitude of the staff. It is so evident when the "hotel" has a good or bad attitude. This one is a winner. Additionally, the rooms are well done, clean and comfortable. Parking is especially good, just a few steps from the front door. Numerous restaurants share the parking lot, therefore no need to leave the area for meals. The airport is very close. I drove in, but the boss flew. He was promptly picked up at the airport by the free shuttle. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: If you are Priority Platinum, ask for an upgrade. The upgrade room is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear “Russ H” it was a pleasure to host both you and your boss at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back again!

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was put up here by the airline due to flight delays. Convenient to airport. Clean. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel restaurant food was good. Fast check in, staff was friendly and efficient. Shuttle service. I would use this property again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear “DevotedMom”, thank you for your writing about us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Edwin Marroquín

Been to Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!