“Great sleep in a clean and well decorated room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Primrose Hotel Downtown-Toronto

You added BEST WESTERN Primrose Hotel Downtown-Toronto to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Primrose Hotel Downtown-Toronto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Carlton Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2G3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #79 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Belleville, Canada
“Great sleep in a clean and well decorated room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Reserved the day before leaving on a business trip; the staff member, Jeff, who looked after my reservation was knowedgeable and patiently and fully explained my choices and the Best Western Rewards System to me. Parking area, elevators, lobby and my room were clean and guest areas decorated attractively.

Room was tastefully decorated and show no 'dated' colours or arrangements. Bathrooom and bedroom clean and smelled as a non-smoking room should.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Thai first
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night before starting our tour. Our room was huge with two double beds, nice claen bathroom with all ameneties. Lots of space for hanging clothes. There is a huge supermarket on the oposite side of the road i think its called the maple leaf where you can get everthing, second floor is what they call an adult pharmacy, booze!.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent one night there and had a great sleep. Restaurant was quite but hotel was busy with a bus tour arriving same time as me.

Great location in town and close to lots of things to do. Liked the view from my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during August.

Booked two rooms, one for myself and one for friends with two kids.

Great to have a fridge in the rooms and the decor is very modern.

Nice outdoor pool, which had a lifeguard on duty, but only operated limited hours.

In one room we found a used ear plug and a kid's hair band. Housekeeping had missed these!

It was a comfortable stay, a pity about the cleaning issues.

• Stayed August 2012
Merseyside UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

17th floor room had good views of the cityscape at night. Everything was working and clean. The bed was huge, with lots of pillows and cushions, nice and supportive. A single pillow and a sheet was all I needed for a good night of sleep but having travelled from the UK I woke up very early. Breakfast in the hotel was not served until 7am and although there is a small Tim Horton's coffee shop attached I went out for breakfast.

Room Tip: High N facing rooms have good nightscape view of downtown
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I think all the different reviews are dependent on what floor and what room you get. This hotel must be in mid-reno. The Lobby is nice, the location is good downtown location. We booked through our company and by some oversight I got a smoking room on the 18th floor. Another colleague got a non-smoking room and found it totally acceptable- clean and newish. The elevators were slow which is a real pet peeve. I looked for but never found the stairwell, which was a little concerning: safety-wise.

is also at least one floor of University students that are staying in the hotel for a semester, so that creates a certain type of atmosphere. The room I got was absolutely gross--a smoking room that was at least 15 years past a renovation. The couch was so old and gross--the chair was worn and stained. Oh and there were no light bulbs in 2 out of 3 of the lamps. Honestly, I would have been better, if I could have opened the window 3 inches for some fresh air-- they should consider allowing that to freshen up those rooms when they are booked to capacity. Fortunately I did find the bed comfortable and clean. I would have been scared of bedbugs, but the nicotine soaked into the room's fabric was probably a good pest deterrent. I checked out after 1 night when the reservation was two, but I'm writing this review because this is actually a surprisingly well-run hotel..they just are working with some bad infrastructure. They did send up an air purifier for my room and tried their best. They let me check out without any fee or penalty. They handled a fed ex shipment for me that was delayed in customs. I was impressed by the way they managed the details, which is really important in hospitality. I'm sure they don't even usually use the rooms they had me in normally, if they can help it.I want to call out that they were a good front desk team and helped me deal well with the issues I had with the reservation.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not on the smoking floor! Maybe wait until this hotel gets fully renovated, w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

First of all, I will start by saying that I am a best western fan. The hotels have come a long way and in some cases I can compare some to the likeings of a Marriott or similar.
I booked this hotel as there were no others hotels left in Toronto downtown, I would have had to stay at the airport, and I should have!

- my room was filthy and old! The carpets looked like they hadn't been vaccumed for years in corners, were lifting away from walls and made me wonder what was living under them.

- the bathroom was disgusting. The toilet bowl was stained and the tub looked filthy, though was maybe just really old and scuffed up. The shower curtain was so gross on the inside, you could see splash marks of something on it. I left it totally open while I showred so it didn't touch me.

- the brown blanket that runs across the bottom of the bed had white splashes dried up on it....

- the elevators took forever, and whe they did come, they stopped and filled with students on every floor. The hotel has converted a bunch of floors into a university dorm!!

- though I booked a king size bed, I ended up with two doubles. I get that they can't guarantee bed types, it was a very good thing I was not with my husband or it wouldn't have been very good!

I couldn't wait to get out of there. I felt dirtier than I would at a gas station bathroom. I've stayed in nicer super 8's.

Horrible experience. When I called to complain I was told I had the last room in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Primrose Hotel Downtown-Toronto? Share your experiences!