“Nice staff, accomodations fine, HOT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   808 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario M4P 2L2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #53 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice staff, accomodations fine, HOT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The staff was very polite and efficient. The room (10th floor) was clean and large enough for 2. The bath had nice supplies. Small refrigerator was convenient. Valet parking was about $18/day plus tip each time you got car , we never had to wait when we called just before we came down. Complimentary breakfast was plentiful - scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes(potatoes only nothing added) bacon, french toast, bread bagels, muffins, danish, cereals, bowl of cut fruit, yogurt, orange juice, cranberry juice. Bed was comfortable. Lighting was not great. Free Wifi was spotty - cutting in and out some.

Only real negative (and it was a pretty big one!) was that they had apparently turned off the air conditioning. You are not told that so we turned the "cool" setting on and for 3 days never were cool enough to sleep well. There is a very small (1 foot by 2 feet) window that can be opened but you have to leave the curtain all the way open to get any cool air. This of course brings in the light, and traffic construction noise. On the 3rd day I asked the desk and they told me it was in "transition," then a maintenance guy brought us a fan. This was only slightly helpful in cooling the room as you couldn't put it by the window but pretty far from the bed.

Would probably stay there again. Area is fine with some restaurants near and about 10 minute walk to subway station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bwroe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and valet service. I am very sorry to hear that your room was too hot and you were not able to adjust the temperature.

During fall and spring we run the air-conditioning and heating system simultaneously due to the fluctuating temperatures that we experience during these seasons. Unfortunately, we had some technical problems with our air-conditioning system and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Toronto.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I only booked this hotel as the usual place where I usuall stay in Toronto is closed for refurbishment but I'm so glad I chose this place. Great location for those who don't want to stay in the downtown area , it's a short walk to the subway and only a 15 minute journey into the city centre.

Clean rooms , fantastic staff and a breakfast buffet that is hard to beat. I will definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I will make sure to share your comments with the hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Best Western Plus Roehampton Hotel & suites
North Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The reasonable price for downtown Toronto is the only positive feature. We had a suite with a queen bed. The decor is clean but old and in drastic need of upgrade to keep up with the time. Room clean but antiquated. Probably has not seen a coat of paint since the 90's.
breakfast buffet: food is abundant but bland no real taste or flavor can be perceived, it's like eating cardboard. I asked for a wedge I hit water and lemon, first I am told there is no lemon. After giving a disappointed look, the server asked another lady working there..... 25 minutes later I was given 2 pieces of lemon on a plate that had seen better days and guess what, still no hot water. So cardboard food But hey plenty of it.
Staff is nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for bringing up your concerns about the breakfast buffet food & service. We are sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations while staying with us. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to make the necessary changes to our facilities to make it better for our guests. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

In spite of the complaints about this hotel, it more than met my expectations. Is the hotel located "downtown"? No (check the map), but it is very close to the subway, giving easy access to the city. Could the decor use a bit of a tune-up? Sure, but it's clean & offers the essential amenities. My non-smoking room was as promised. The complimentary, buffet breakfast was perfectly fine, with good selection. The staff were the most cheerful I've ever encountered. Hats off to Mr. Saif Rehman, Evening Manager, for his friendly & welcoming approach. I have no complaints about my stay -- everything from the reservation to checkout was smooth and pleasant -- and I recommend this hotel to anyone who is not interested in paying top dollar or having every little luxury at hand.

Room Tip: Room 303 is at quiet end of a hallway, away from elevator & near emergency exit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your comments about your stay. I will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. I thank you very much for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel insists on assigning smoking rooms to non-smokers. Also, if you are in a connecting room, ensure that the connecting doors are locked. In my case they weren't, and I felt threatened by drunks conducting a loud party in the connecting room.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ensure that you are not assigned a smoking room. If you are given a connect...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bwroe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am sorry to read your comments. As previously advised by both the hotel and Best Western the reservation was originally made by your agent for a smoking room but despite the high occupancy the hotel did still manage to locate a non-smoking room for you. I am obviously disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations even though we did accommodate your request at check-in.
Hartland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We confirmed our reservation because we knew we would not get to hotel until midnight. After driving 500 miles we got to hotel and found out that there was no reservation (according to person at front desk). Then the story changed after 5 minutes of arguing to "oh here is the reservation ,but....". The reservation was found but was not the one that we had confirmed 6 hours before. When we got up to the room we found that the carpet was wet and the bathroom door would not shut. We then realized that the hotel staff had given our room to the people that had originally had the room with the wet carpet (they must have complained).
After more arguments and an offer of only 20% off we left with a refund from our booking agent.
We drove around and ended up at a much cheaper hotel by the airport with nicer staff and a much nicer room.
We will never stay at another Best Western or Roehampton Hotel!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bwroe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay with us. I am very disappointed to learn that you had an unpleasant experience upon arrival. As we always maintain high standards of cleanliness, we had to shampoo the carpet in the room to remove a stain left by the previous guest. It was a sold out night, and unfortunately we did not have any other rooms to offer you.

Your feedback is much appreciated. I take your comments very seriously, and assure you that I personally will be looking into what happened with your reservation and will address with the staff concerned. Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused and not meeting your expectations.
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had never been to Toronto before and were somewhat surprised by where this hotel was. It is not in the center downtown region, but once we learned the subway/bus system we found it very easy to get around. The hotel is right next to the intersection of a main subway and an important bus line so making connections was quick and easy. The neighborhood around the hotel is actually very nice and we took some pleasant walks to see it. There are also some very good places to eat in the area.

I thought the room was what I would expect at a Best Western and why we came there. It was large, clean and well furnished. (However, the wall in the center of the room was strange.) The wifi connection dropped out from time to time, but that was just a minor annoyance. One evening as we returned to the hotel at 10 pm, I mentioned to the Front Desk clerk that we had a TV problem. Within 10 minutes someone was at our room to fix it. There is a computer & printer system in the lobby which came in very handy in printing out the tickets we purchased on-line.

The free breakfast was very good with the standard scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon & French toast every day. But there was also lots of other options including dry cereals, muffins, Danish, bagels, yogurt and other things. You will NOT go hungry.

I thought all the staff at the Front Desk, Concierge and breakfast room to be very friendly and helpful. (A special shout-out to Annie in the breakfast room.)

There is a pool and a laundry room, but we did not use either one.

Overall it was a very nice place and I'm glad we were there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and enjoyed our hotel services and facilities. Once again, I thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back.

Been to BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!