“A good place to stay for a short trip but with some tips” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

You added Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Dixon Rd, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J1, Canada (Formerly The Toronto Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #57 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ann Arbor, MI
“A good place to stay for a short trip but with some tips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pros: Good for a short time stay (since about 30 minutes drive (if not rush hour) from downtown); clean both in the lobby and the room; convenient location (near the airport), basic needs inside the hotel room. Cons: Not showing parking fee ($14.00) upfront before reservation (I do not know why they charge it since the hotel parking seems not to be constantly monitored, nor in a confined area); a water bottle of $3.99 in the room at a 3-star hotel to lure the (possibly thirsty, but not prepared) customers? - this is either a joke or an insult; a coffer brewer in the room worked fine but not clean inside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. You opinion is very important to us and I'm very thankful you pointed out certain areas where we could improve our guests experience. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

Yours in Hospitality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the outside we thought.. 'oh no'. The exterior parking lot had an awkward entrance and lots of holes in the parking lot. It was also at the very end of the 'airport' hotels and in a 'dumpier' area.
Anyhow we had a swift checkin and got to our room.. Corridors are recently redone, as was our room. Comfy bed, but hopefully you like a soft bed (I prefer hard bed). All the beds at this hotel are ueber-soft. That would be my only complaint.
Rooms are clean, bright and enjoyable. It's not 5 star, but it's basic and well done.
We left our car there for a week without a problem. Got shuttle passes to get us to the airport and back. It went well.
Staff are friendly.
Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you booked the Park, Stay ang Go package for your trip out of Toronto and enjoyed the convenience. We have just completed an entire renovation of the Exterior and Interior of our hotel including the resurfacing of the whole parking lot. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East.

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I booked the park and fly package which was an absolutely amazing deal! We dropped the car off was given shuttle passes, arrived quick and prompt to the airport. When we arrived back from our trip we took the shuttle back to stay one night in the hotel! We had a very late flight and it was 2 am I don't think we waited longer then 5 minutes for the shuttle to arrive which is AMAZING!

After spending a week in Cuba we were happy to be back! But the Hotel was absolutely Splendid! It was so clean, and the staff were happy and friendly! And the room we stayed in (king size business floor) was the nicest room and most comfortable bed I have ever slept it!

Our experience was so wonderful I had to write this review because I just went online and booked this hotel again before we depart on another trip at the end of the month! I don't think I will ever choose a different airport hotel again!

Thank you! And looking forward to visiting again in the next few weeks!

• Stayed May 2012
Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was one of the nicer Holiday Inns i've ever stayed at. It was clean and large with excellent service and amenities. My only complaint is the parking cost ($18 a night), but they did offer me a deal for $30 that included breakfast for 2 with parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your positive feedback encourages us to work harder towards our goal of exceeding Guest Expectations. In January this year we finished a complete renovation of our hotel and I am glad you were able to experience our new property and it's amenities. I apologize that you were not aware of the parking charges. Unfortunately every hotel in the Airport area charges for parking. I'm glad that you took advantage of our special package deal.

We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a training conference and stayed over for one night. The rooms where big (nice high ceiling) and very clean. Check in was quick and very friendly, girl at the front desk was very good (sorry bad at remembering names). When I came back later there was a gentleman working and took the time to get back to me on my questions, which was very helpful.

The conference was very good, the only down side was there was so much good food I wasn’t able to try it all!

Great service and a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are a newly renovated full service hotel with 6000 Sqft. of conference space, accomodating meetings and conferences from 10 to 250 people. Your positive feedback encourages us to work harder towards our goal of exceeding Guest Expectations.

We thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East and look forward to welcome you back.
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This H.I. property is an older facility. There's a newer H.I. property down Dixon, I beleive the street address is 970.
This property is directly under the incoming flight path. Doesn't matter where your room is located, the planes are over head.
I secured a King Size standard room on line. Upon arriving, they tried to give me two queen size standard room. When I questioned, they said they were totally booked. I said the room type was available when I secured my reservation. The Desk attendant found a King Size room, unfortunatly, next to the noisy elevator.
Next morning, I rose to find no hot water. After waiting several minutes, it started to warm up. About 10-minutes after I turned the water on, I could actually feel the water getting warm.
Oh, be aware the of contracted Airport Shuttle. Driver was not very good at communicating, I questioned whether he could put a sentence together?

Room Tip: Insist they give you the type of room you ordered on line. Or pay a little more and stay down the st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Jim H,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Amherst, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Beds are new and very comfortable with duvets and different types of pillows. There is no fridge in the rooms and the air conditioner was very noisy in ours. Very good location near the airport too. The parking costs 14 bucks a night, but the room only cost me 89 bucks ! Can't beat it. There is a Perkins Restaurant on site so it's very convenient. I would stay there again for sure !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated hotel. Unfortunately with regards to the parking fee is charged by every hotel in the airport area. We are infact one of the cheaper hotels. We also offer room rates with parking included as a package to save you money.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East? Share your experiences!