“Graffiti tour delivered all that was promised and more! Highly recommend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tour Guys

Tour Guys
25 Cole St | Unit 615, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4M3, Canada (Downtown)
+1 800-691-9320
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Graffiti tours, ghost tours, custom private and group tours and FREE public tours are what we do best! Our guides are passionate local experts who want to show you why they love Toronto while helping you make the best use of your time exploring the city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Miami Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Graffiti tour delivered all that was promised and more! Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

As a part of the 2013 travel bloggers' conference, TBEX, I signed up to go on a graffiti tour led by Toronto Tour Guy Jason. The tour promised insights into the graffiti culture, lingo, and tools of the trade - in addition to the surrounding controversy and laws. The tour absolutely delivered on all these promises and more! In a short time, Jason described for us the history of graffiti in Toronto, some of the key graffiti writers in the city, as well as some of the subculture's do's and don'ts of engaging in this form of self-expression. All the information was presented with respect, a touch of humor, and an obvious love for the City of Toronto. (There's no one better to show you a city than someone who is truly engaged in it and loves it.) Jason was able to answer questions thoroughly, too. The tour provided tons of great photo opps. The pace was perfect - not too slow, not too fast. I was neither bored nor overwhelmed. In short, I would jump at the chance to take other tours by the Tour Guys, and I'd highly recommend the graffiti tour to anyone with an interest in really getting to know the city.

Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Jason Knows Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went on both the beer and street art tours, one through Urban Adventures and the other Tour Guys, and Jason was my guide for both. He's a Toronto native and really knows the city. He didn't lead the street art tour lightly and researched for over a year. He's met many of the artists personally and knew all of the lingo that most of us don't. I highly recommend taking a tour with him.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A real treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went on the 'Tour Guys' Toronto city tour back in 2009 and it was fantastic, a really good insight into the city and Canadian life.

Our guide was extremely interesting and was happy to answer any questions.

I can't recommend walking tours any more.

I remember feeling very gutted when I couldn't find the Vancouver Tour during the Olympic Games, maybe another time I'll get the opportunity.

Visited June 2012
Orillia, Canada
“A great experience - visiting Toronto and doing a Graffiti Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I arranged a private graffiti tour with Jason from the "Tour Guys" who worked to accommodate my groups work schedule and travel time to and from Toronto. He arranged to have Kit walk us through the tour. Kit’s friendly personality made the day a great learning experience with lots of fun. The weather was miserable, but Kit’s enthusiastic personality made even the weather bearable. He allowed us the time to take many photos and to explain the many styles of graphics, and spoke to the artists that created the work we saw. A great knowledgeable tour guide. We are planning on arranging another tour in the fall with The Tour Guides. Deb B

Washago, On
“The Tour Guys - Graffiti Walk - Private Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Kit led our tour of the Graffiti Art all along Queen Street West. Beginning at the Hug Tree and wandering through the back alleys, former graffiti artist Kit educated and entertained us throughout the two hour tour. We learned about the history and origins of the art form and Kit gave us some of the interesting inside information on individual artists and crew's (not gangs) that do the painting.
Whether you agree or are opposed to street art, if you keep an open mind you will have a very interesting tour, and a fresh perspective on the art form.