“A Great Way to Break the Pace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 164 Activities in Toronto
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Explore Toronto with Tour Guys! In addition to our scheduled free walking tours we are available for hire to do specialty tours, ghost tours, step-on guide services, and private tours. We are the exclusive provider of Intrepid Urban Adventures, unique tours off the beaten path. Our goal is to entertain and enlighten our guests, and show them why we love this city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“A Great Way to Break the Pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Gives you a way cooler perspective of Toronto. Absolutely enjoyed my time, even while in the rain the entire time. Great tour guys.

Bloomington, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
“A different view of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been to Toronto before and even been on a tour before but I really enjoyed the casualness that went along with the tour I was given recently by Jason. I found him to be very knowledgeable and friendly. I hope to be able to go on one of his beer tours when I hopefully return to the city for a conference in 2014. Cheers!

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Ghost Tour Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been on several Ghost walks in the city and this one was by far the worst. Although our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, the tour is poorly named. It was hardly about ghosts and hauntings and more about history and then a lot of science about why ghosts don't exist. Although the description of the tour did promise to question our ghostly beliefs, this basically bored us with long drawn out explanations and few ghost stories. It's great to have a walk from the POV of a non-believer but it was jus so long winded it was easy to lose interest. The tour also went 30 minutes over and we had to leave before it was done to make our dinner reservation. Don't take this tour if you are interested in hearing about ghosts - do take it if you are more interested in city history and in debunking ghost stories.

JasonKooch, Owner at Tour Guys, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We're sorry that you didn't enjoy your ghost tour with us. We offer our guests a unique ghost tour that deals with not only the ghost stories, but the possible scientific explanations for the paranormal experiences people claim to have had. It's a balanced and serious approach we find rare in other ghost tours and as a result some guests who were assuming our tour was just like the others didn't have their expectations met. We tried to be as clear in all of our promotional that this isn't a typical ghost tour. You gave us a 1 out of 5 (calling it a terrible tour) because you were expecting a typical ghost tour and instead you got a well-researched, thought-provoking walk filled with history, stories, and science that you even recommended to people who like this sort of thing. And you thought your guide was friendly and knowledgeable too! Your rating is a little harsh, but to each their own. No hard feelings!
Toronto, Canada
“It was a dark and eerie night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thank you for a great walking tour. I have done a tour last summer with Jayson who is a great guide and hoped to have had him here again. I was so happy to have taken this Ghost walking tour. I was about to cancel due to the weather but the rain and wind made it all the more fun. I have learned a lot about the city and its history. My group was split in two, and our group size was just right and not as chaotic as i expected on the weekend before halloween. My guide Christian was a great story teller, not mention very charming and made me laugh- thought some of the joke where more corny then comedic. The history of Toronto is as haunting as the tails of Ghosts themselves. I found the blend of supernatural and scientific insight gave a nice balance. I would like more trivia on the tour but that may just be me. The two hours past quickly. I would like do this again next year.

Toronto, Canada
“Toronto Ghost Tour-AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Firstly, please ignore the last two reviews titled, "Ghost tour left me wanting more", and "A bit of a letdown'- the authors had several unrealistic expectations coupled with unwarranted assumptions. Also, I doubt they read the actual description of the tour as indicated on groupon.com and tourguys.com.

Now let me begin, I purchased a Groupon for the Toronto Ghost Tour at a cool $15 and participated in this event October 20th 2012. In all honesty, it was amazing, fun, and totally worth it. In fact, if it wasn't for the Groupon, I would have easily paid the retail price of $30 because this tour was worth every penny!

Our tour guy (Steve) was a knowledgeable history buff, exceptionally gifted story teller, and blended possible scientific explanations with the legends/stories surrounding each of the haunted places. As he had mentioned earlier on, he was not there to turn skeptics into believers or believers into skeptics, but rather to provide "good information and great stories". Also our tour was not rushed at all, and it went from 8pm-11pm.

As the authors of the previous comments mentioned their criticism due to the large crowd, it seems that they lack common sense given the fact that: 1.) you are going on a haunted ghost tour 11 days before Halloween, and 2.) you acquired a Groupon at 50% off the initial cost....
therefore, what do you think was going to happen?

Anyways, I will conclude by saying that Steve and Tourguys.com did an exceptional job, and that a MAJORITY of the other positive reviews speak volumes to their efforts. I had an amazing time, I will recommend this company, and I will be a future customer WITH OR WITHOUT A GROUPON. Lastly, a nice, big, quiet, politely behaved crowd with lots of energy (like the one I was in) greatly contributed to the momentum and fun!

Definitely worth checking out.