“Wonderful hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #110 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were really nice and helpful from when I checked in to when I checked out. They really helped me out with directions too. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, family who may be traveling in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HIETorontoNorthYork, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are glad you were able to stay with us during your trip to our hotel. It sounds like we were able to meet all of your expectations and we hope to have you return on your next visit so we can exceed them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Canada, eh!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently spent a couple days in Toronto to visit the Archives of Ontario on what I called a genealogical roadtrip. I chose it out of convenience for my destination as I had less than satisfactory stays at Holiday Inn Express' before and expected no more as I approached this one. It was fairly easy to access off the major routes and had ample parking for guests. My check-in was prompt and had no delay getting into my room. On entry to my room I immediately got an impression of fresh cleanliness. This place is most suited for business trips and short stops as there is little to offer a family with kids. It is located in small industry district with little to offer for eating or other distraction in the near vicinity. The only thing missing from the room I would have appreciated is a small fridge for pop and water. Complimentary breakfast room was neat and clean with lots to offer, I would say the scrambled eggs were terrible and tasted like powder. The staff were friendly and my check-out was smooth. This was the kind of "express" service I expect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIETorontoNorthYork, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and would like to thank you for leaving a glowing review. We look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As always, I was welcomed happily at check-in. The hotel is not in a fantastic area, but it is a good location for where I was working. I've stayed here previously and have never had any complaints. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, free hot breakfast. Always a good stay.

Room Tip: I always try to book an accessible room, as they tend to be a bit bigger.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIETorontoNorthYork, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
The hotel is delighted to hear your complimentary feedback on our property. We not only appreciate you taking the time to leave a leave a review on our property but also for choosing to stay with us on your trips to the city. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

this is a nice place to rest your head with some amenities, this place caters to business more then families. so if you have children, book another holiday inn. no pool,

we booked online we the understanding and we booked for 5 people (4 adults 1 kid) when we got there they told us we couldn't stay in the same room even though we said 5 and excepted our booking. but after they realized we weren't too impressed, the manager made an effort to get us a cot, so thanks to the manager for that.

Room Tip: book at another hotel if you have children or they will be bored
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIETorontoNorthYork, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your detailed remarks. Your comments help us increase our learning and give us the opportunity to review our standards and levels of service. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

One of the best hotels I've been to in years. More so for the customer service. Even if its a slightly older hotel but it should be your first choice.
Great breakfast
Great service
Cosy rooms
Comfortable beds

• Stayed June 2012
HIETorontoNorthYork, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
The management of the Holiday Inn Express would like to offer our sincerest thanks for your glowing review of your property and for choosing to stay with us time and time again.
Carleton Place, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Terrible customer service/front desk staff! We were a family of 4, paid the extra money to stay in an executive room with a pull out sofa, when I called down for pillows and blankets for my kids to sleep on the pull out sofa, was told none were available??? And then was hung up on?? Funny thing is my husband went outside, and in the window on the ground floor were pillows!! Was the front desk staff too lazy to help us?? The rooms are very and I mean very small!

I asked upon check in if a cot was available and was told no, next morning the maid had the door opened to the utility room and ALAS there are about 10 cots sitting there, when I went down to inquire I was greeted again by a very very rude front desk person and was spoke to like I was a total idiot, and was told they needed to be cleaned??? What change the sheets!! How long does that take?? Too lazy again??

We have stayed at many hotels and this one is the worst we have ever stayed at. Stay away, there are much nicer, cleaner and ALOT cheaper places to stay near Wonderland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear mal1028,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unacceptable service you received during your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotels and your comments are very important to us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

There may be hotels closer to Canada's Wonderland, but this was only about a 10 minute drive. No charge for parking (a plus) and there was a lot of choices on the breakfast buffet. I had eggs and bacon. We arrived about 1:30 and they had no rooms ready with 2 beds. We took a room with 1 bed and a pull-out sleeper sofa rather than wait. The room was clean and comfortable. Hotel location was easy to find and easy to get on and off freeway. The staff was all very friendly and assisted me with directions to the park and the next morning they helped me with info for Marineland. May be a bit dated, but it was clean, which I find more important anyway. Location seemed safe. Really no complaints except that there was no pool but I did book this with Priceline (name your own price) and we didn't have time to swim anyway. Thank you to the staff for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIETorontoNorthYork, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto North York.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York? Share your experiences!