“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is adjacent to the convention center so it's very convenient if you're in town for a conference. Extremely central location - could walk to everything. The room was very clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Beautiful floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Toronto cityscape.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lenaj821,

It is a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and had the opportunity to take in the breathtaking views offered from our guestrooms. Ensuring the comfort of our guests is always one of our top priorities and we are delighted to learn that we were successful in providing you with a comfortable experience.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your return.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Eastlake, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel Toronto Centre on a recent visit to the city for the Canadian National Exhibition. I will break my thoughts down into the “Good”, the “Not So Good”, and the “Indifferent”.

The Good:

- Location. Located on a corner of Front Street West, you really can’t ask for a better location. You are literally steps away from the CN Tower and Rogers Centre, the hotel connects to the Toronto Convention Centre and also the Skywalk which leads to Union Station, the Ripley’s Aquarium is a few blocks down, and believe it or not, getting in and out of the parking garage was relatively easy.

- Cleanliness. For the most part, the room I had on the 24th floor was clean. A long hair was stuck to the shower wall, but aside from that, I felt the housekeeping staff did a nice job of having a clean room ready for me when I checked in.

The Not So Good:

- Cooling System. On warm days, I like to sleep with the air conditioning on at a low temperature to keep the room cold throughout the night. The system in my room didn’t quite seem up to keeping the room cold. I didn’t sleep too well as the humidity level in the room seemed a bit high. While I did feel cool air blowing out, it didn’t seem to fill the room very well.

- Rattling Adjoining Room Door. I don’t know why, but the door to the adjoining room seemed to rattle an awful lot. Even putting a towel underneath didn’t seem to help. Combine the lack of cool temperatures with an ongoing rattle and as I mentioned, sleep was pretty minimal for me.

The Indifferent:

- The Staff. I have been to far less expensive hotels and received better service than I did at the IC Hotel. Don’t get me wrong, there was nothing bad about the people at the check-in desk or the bellhops. There just wasn’t anything great about them either.

- The bed. It was clean, but rather “meh” overall. The pillows were rather uncomfortable also as I needed two to feel like my head was slightly elevated off the bed.

For the high asking price of a room here, I expected a little more than what basically amounted to a Holiday Inn room in a downtown high-rise. Again, it was not a bad stay. It just didn’t stand out as anything memorable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear rayp1970,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the service you received from our housekeeping team, I was disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay fell below your expectations.

I have shared the inconveniences you experienced regarding both the HVAC unit and adjoining door in your guestroom with the appropriate departments who will be following up internally to have these concerns rectified immediately. I would also appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience in greater detail. I know if given the chance we will be able to provide you with a truly memorable experience in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family of four stayed here for two days as part of a three day mini getaway to attend the big ticket summer concert at the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre and visit the ripley's aquarium and CN Tower. We took the train by via rail and arrived at Union station and walked to our Hotel. The location of the hotel is excellent and close to all places. The hotel is very clean and elegant and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear GLAAS,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It was wonderful to read that you had the opportunity to visit both the Ripley's Aquarium as well as the CN Tower during your visit, and we also hope you enjoyed your concert at the Molson Amphitheatre!

Thank you for sharing your review with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stay in many Intercons world wide and I would say that the location and price is good for this hotel. The rooms themselves are nice but a little dated (mind you this is quite common in Nth America).

Little things are missing like a bath robe which your would expect in a Holiday Inn but not an Intercon.

Executive floor amenities are also lacking. The breakfast is more Holiday Inn and again little things like not having a dinner plate (size) only salad plates for breakfast makes one scratch one's head. You will also need to pay for "drinks" in the evening cocktail hours which seemed unusual.

The Azure restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner average at best. You will need to head out if you seek more than plastic.

Overall staff are very helpful and sincere and this does make the hotel a pleasant stay, but if you are used to the Intercontinental experience outside of Nth America you will be a little let down.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Badgeros,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While I was happy to read that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the service you received from our team, I was disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay fell below your expectations.

I have shared your comments regarding the missing bath robe in your guestroom as well as your experience at our restaurant with the appropriate departments who will be reviewing your concerns internally to ensure we improve in these areas. In regards to our Club Lounge, due to Canadian Liquor laws we are unable to offer complimentary alcoholic beverages, but will be reviewing your comments regarding the selection of culinary options provided.

As we do greatly appreciate your loyalty, I ask that you contact me personally to discuss your concerns in greater detail. This would also allow me the opportunity to ensure all of your future experiences are flawless.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed a fabulous stopover here en route to Niagara Falls. Delighted to be upgraded by hotel and given a bottle of bubbly in recognition of our recent 25th wedding anniversary. Staff very helpful, polite and professional. Parking is straightforward - don't bother with valet parking.
Fantastic location - right next to CN tower. Very comfortable room. Will definitely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ness018,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your short visit with us and received such wonderful service from our team. It is always our goal to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are glad that we had the opportunity to do this for you during your special anniversary celebration.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in August as part of a Canada/USA road trip. Easy to get to, straight off main route into Toronto.
We used self park rather than valet, they're actually in the same garage and we parked just up a level from the valet spaces, personally I wouldn't bother with the extra cost of valet.
Check in was easy and the staff friendly, IHG benefits were explained and I was offered a choice of view - CN Tower and lake or city. Obviously I chose CN Tower and lake and it was wonderful.
Room was large and clean. The bathroom was my favourite part of the room, I even made time to have a soak in the tub!
Walking distance to many bars and restaurants. Also very close to CN Tower, Rogers Centre and hop on, hop off bus stop. A bit further to Eaton Centre but you can walk it in about 20 minutes.
The only issue I had with the hotel is that our coffee and cups weren't replenished during our stay. I'm not sure if that's normal or housekeeping had just forgotten.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephanie J,

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us during your road trip through Toronto. We are delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and had the opportunity to explore our beautiful city.

We will be sure to share your comments regarding the coffee cups in your guestroom with our Housekeeping team, who will follow up internally to ensure instances such as these do not reoccur in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is well situated in Toronto, very close to the Tower and other sites. We had a minor problem checking in when the card machine would not accept our credit cards, however this was not a problem when checking out. We were going to stay at Niagara Falls but decide on a day trip from Toronto instead this worked out very well. The staff were very efficient and polite.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear RockyBubbles,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our convenient location during your stay with us and had the opportunity to explore some of the nearby sites. It was also great to hear that you received such superior "at your side" service from our team, as this is what we always aim to deliver.

We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced when checking in, but are delighted to learn that these issues were rectified promptly prior to your departure.

M5V 2X3

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!