“Deluxe room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Deluxe room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Hotel is perfectly located in Toronto. Maybe the best placed hotel in Town, in the center of everything. Sky Dome, Cn tower, Ripley's Aquarium, Train station and subway, Harbour front are all at maximum 10 minutes walk from the hotel. You can even access Chinatown for a 20 min walk. Hotel staff are more than professional, always doing their best to help, always calling you with your family name and even if they haven't seen you for a few days, they remember you name, so when you come back, they still directly call you with your family name! Very impressed. Hotel has a great restaurant, dimmed blue light at night, nice food and nice Canadian whines. The pool is very great as well. Will Ever be my first choice of hotel in Toronto!

Room Tip: Choose a room on high floor with Lake view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear SwissGreg,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and received the personalized "at your side" service our team is best known for. It is exciting to hear that you have named us your first hotel choice in Toronto and we look forward to providing you with many more unforgettable experiences in the future.

When planning your next trip to Toronto, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, as I would be delighted to have the opportunity to assist with your reservation and show our gratitude for your new found loyalty

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Cambridge Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was the size of a small Toronto apartment! Very comfortable, clean and well appointed. I appreciated how quiet it is in the night. The location is great for business and tourism, or to take in a sport venue, or theater. I walked everywhere without any problem. All kinds of eateries and bars in the area. Parking available on site. Very enjoyable stay. Presidents Bush and Clinton both staying here same time as I was!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear JBLB,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your guestroom as well as our convenient location during your recent stay with us. It is always our goal to ensure our guests' have memorable experiences and we are glad to read that we were successful in doing this for you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Perfectly lovely in almost every respect except the $18 wifi and $45 valet parking (you can self park in the convention center for $28). I get how the hotel world works, you stay anywhere really upscale and they charge you for every little amenity, but I don't have to like it.

Location is excellent, room was very spacious and the staff was friendly. Free wifi would have gotten it 5 stars :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Browniesgirl,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and had the opportunity to explore our convenient location. I am also delighted to let you know that we do offer complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members, a program that is free to join and offers many additional benefits as well.

Should you wish to learn more about our IHG Rewards Membership if you require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel to be convenient to the CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium and it was perfect. The room was really nice with a sitting area, coffee machine, nice bathroom and King bed. It was so easy to walk everywhere. The pool was freezing, and the hot tub was closed for maintenance, but it was nice to go for a swim anyway. The parking cost extra, $28/day. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Next time I would ask for a higher room. We were on the 6th floor overlooking train tracks. We weren...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Strawberry1220,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location to be perfect for your needs. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the hot tub closure as well as the temperature of our pool during your visit. However, we are delighted to let you know that both issues have been rectified by our Engineering team.

We are excited that we have gained your loyalty and should there be anything I can assist you with personally prior to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Verwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel is in a great position for the CN tower and Lake Ontario an the Theatre district. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. We were worried about the parking charges from the hotel but it was no problem to self park. Just drop off the cases at the front door and the cases were taken care of whilst we parked the car at the hotel. staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Jorickhols,

It is wonderful to read that you not only enjoyed our convenient location during your recent stay, but also received the exceptional service our team is best known to provide. We always strive to ensure our guests' needs are taken care of and we are delighted to read that we were successful in doing this for you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and we look forward to hosting your again soon.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Just returned from a 3-day stay at this hotel. I am a very picky traveller but have learned to really trust TripAdvisor reviews. I solely chose this hotel on location and price combined with its very high ratings on TripAdvisor, and must really say that once again I have agreed with other travellers’ reviews.

I stayed in a junior suite with a view of the lake on a higher floor, all of which I recommend. The suite was not overly large but had all the comforts, and the bed and comforter were very comfortable and cozy.

I found the hotel to be stunning and well located. The breakfast buffet was fantastic; one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. This morning the strawberries were huge! There are wonderful dishes like smoked salmon, fresh cheeses, mixed nuts and banana chips to accompany hot oatmeal, in addition to pastries, and an omelette station. Today there was also a nice dish of sauteed peppers. It is a wonderful meal to look forward to, and with the beautiful design of the restaurant it is almost like having breakfast in a solarium.

I had a wonderful swim in the pool; it is a large, saltwater pool in a truly lovely setting; a very refreshing experience.

But by far what touched me about the stay was the helpfulness of the staff that I dealt with. I want to express my deep appreciation to Samantha at the front desk. She was very helpful to me at every step of the process from making my reservation to checking in. I found Samantha to be genuinely kind, caring and professional, and felt sincerely welcomed by her. I was also touched by her thoughtfulness, for example, through the chocolate cake and chocolates delivered to my room to celebrate a special occasion.

I would also like to express my appreciation to Concierges Stephanie and Ian. I found them both to be kind, patient and helpful in providing guidance on restaurants in the area, even printing menus for me. Alex was a very attentive and helpful waiter at breakfast-time. Doormen Taylor and Christian were always welcoming and helpful.

I have less by way of constructive feedback to offer re. our newly renovated suite. I do feel that it would be very helpful to have a grab bar or a safety mat in the bathtub. I did not find the couch and armchair in the sitting room to be all that comfortable and would much prefer a traditional couch and armchair, both with a higher back. A footstool would be a great addition to the room. My companion did not find the pillows (either feather or foam) to be comfortable, and found the elevator noise to be noticeable and continuous, although we were not adjacent to the elevator and the noise must have been conducted through the concrete. As a positive, there are ingenious lamps above the bed.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and highly recommend it for all the reasons above.

Happy travels!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear springtulip262,

It is a pleasure to read your review and know that we were successful in exceeding all of your expectations. We always aim to provide our guests' with memorable experiences and we are excited that we had the opportunity to do this for you. We will be sure to send your compliments to our culinary team in Azure, as I know they will be overjoyed to hear that everything was to your liking.

We would also like to thank you for your kind comments about your experiences with Samantha, Stephanie, Alex, Taylor and Christian. I know they will all be truly grateful for recognizing them on TripAdvisor and we will be sure that they are recognized internally as well for providing you with such superior" at your side" service.

When planning your next visit to Toronto, please feel free to contact me directly. I would love to have the opportunity to show our gratitude and personally attend to your reservation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed for one night, the hotel is nice. The staff were not friendly or welcoming. You have to pay for everything. Internet connection, fridge, etc. Even cheap motels have free wifi. For the price of this hotel I expected a lot better.
It was also very loud in the hall after 11pm, I heard people yelling and doors slamming until 2am

Location was great, we went to Ripley's Aquarium.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Annette T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our convenient location during your visit, I was disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay fell below your expectations. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments, who will be reviewing ways to improve in all the areas you have mentioned.

I am however, thrilled to let you know that we do offer complimentary internet access to all of our IHG Rewards Members. This program is free to join and offers many additional benefits as well. Should you wish to receive more information on the program or if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail, I invite you to contact me personally at your convenience.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

M5V 2X3

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!