I had a very nice stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre (in the heart of down-town Toronto). I had stayed over this past weekend (Feb 8th), while celebrating a friends birthday. My friends and I had a wonderful time out-on-the-town and at the hotel.
For the what I had paid, I thought it was excellent value for what I got. Here are some highlights of my stay.
- Great value (for what I had paid - mind you to my advantage, it was a slower/calmer week for the hotel). For $265, luxury/renovated suite, breakfast in bed etc.
- Lovely bright, stylish and spacious junior suite with very nice panoramic city views of the financial district (see photos).
- Very nice and comfortable room furnishings with a designer feel.
- Wonderful plush beds, with good quality linens.
- Bright, clean bathroom with a nice large vanity and a good shower.
- Fantastic, above and beyond housekeeping and concierge service. Many thanks to Stephanie at the concierge desk for all her help with my stay.
- Yasir at the Front desk, was very friendly, personable and professional when checking me in.
- Nice, bright pool and spa lounge area. Great service at the spa too.
- Great location (very central, close to all transit, shopping, dining needs and anything else you could want).
- Very nice room service, with a great food presentation. But room service (like at most luxury hotels) here is very, very pricey. So do be aware of the prices.
Here are few reasons why I have not given my stay a 5-star rating:
- When trying to reach the reception / call centre, it takes forever to get thru. There were times, where I had waited over 10 mins on hold, just to try and reach something on the other line. This is not acceptable for a busy, 4-star luxury hotel. Very unreliable to get thru, had to call the concierge, as at least they pick-up the phones.
- At times, I found some of the front desk staff a little snotty. When requested for a later late check-out time, I felt a little bit of attitude for asking. Also when checking out, the receptionist was not very friendly and never asked how my stay was.
- Slow service, when asked for room-service / housekeeping to come up to my room for my different requests. Almost any request seems to take such a long time. I found this a little surprising for such a large property.
Other little things:
- Spa locker rooms are a little dated and dark for a spa.
- I took a peak at the Club Lounge, it really, really needs an overhaul. Found it looking, dark and dated for a luxury property.
- Parts of the room (like the carpet / walls) are already looking a little warn. A little surprising for a newly renovated room.
- Bathroom is small and fairly basic, nothing special (no "wow" factor).
All in all, I still had a very enjoyable stay and really appropriated the value for what I got with my stay. I was especially pleased with the concierge and housekeeping team. Still, if you can get a good room rate, stay in a renovated suite on a high-floor and you'll have a great time!
Make sure to book one of the renovated rooms/suites on a high floor. Both the city view and CN-tower...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your kind remarks and feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to recognize Stephanie and Yasir personally. We will be sure to share your comments with them as well as recognize them internally for providing you with such memorable service.
We will be following up with the appropriate departments regarding the feedback you shared regarding some of the service you received and will ensure all areas are addressed accordingly. We are also delighted to let you know that our Executive Team is currently reviewing options to have the Club Lounge and Spa Locker rooms updated in order to ensure we exceed our guests’ expectations.
Should you wish to discuss your experience further or if you require any assistance with your future reservations, please do note hesitate to contact me personally.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
225 Front Street West
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.