“Customer service is #1......make the call” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #19 of 142 hotels in Toronto
Waterloo, Canada
“Customer service is #1......make the call”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

"Every ones hotel experience should be the way mine is, absolutely brilliant! From the moment that Miriam from reservation's picks up the phone the amazing woman makes things happen!

There is no problem to big or to small, she goes above and beyond the expectations in customer service for your hotel experience.

Then when you arrive for your stay it continues at the front reception with Hazel, always a smile on her face and ready to make sure your stay is comfortable.

When travelling to Toronto for business or pleasure, I make a point to call Miriam and stay with Intercontinental and she always makes sure they have the amazing bread pudding with vanilla sauce for breakfast.......delicious!"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear m0nty73,

Thank you for your comments.

You paint a perfect picture of what it is like to stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. Our team always goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our guests’ experiences are memorable. Thank you for recognizing both Miriam and Hazel. They are outstanding employees who always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. We will be sure to share your comments with them as we know they will be thrilled that they made such a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and providing you with another exceptional stay with us.

1,457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on September 2012 for 3 days on weekend. The breakfast was included and very good. Love it.

Especially, the spa. It is nice, comfort and quiet. Nice place to relax.

I would recommend others for its price and location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear tmai30,

Thank you for reviewing us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us last September. The SPA InterContinental truly does provide a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Our spa team always goes above and beyond to ensure our guests expectations our exceeded and their needs are met.

We will be sure to share your comments with the team, as we know they will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

A couple girlfriends and I stayed at the Intercontinental this past weekend. We do live near the city but wanted to convinience of staying downtown. The lobby was very nice and the front desk clerk was very curtious and friendly. Our room was a fair size, a little dated but clean. We went to the pool a couple of times. One of the times, there was some construction going on and the spa staff gave us a little bag of Aveda Salts as compensation for the noise. It was a nice gesture that was just a nice touch to their customer service. My only complaint, I know this is a 4-star hotel is that there is no where in the building to get snacks/drinks (like a vending machine or store). It has to be from room service or you have to walk a few blocks to get something, which was a bit of the nuisance given the weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear doah88,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We are thrilled to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your local escape in the city. Our team always strives to provide outstanding service and create memorable experiences for our guests. We understand how a relaxing day by the pool can be disrupted by the noise of construction and it was our pleasure to give you a small token to apologize for any inconvenience.

We would like to thank you for your comments in regards to having an on-site store. I am pleased to advise you that we are currently looking into this and will be determining ways to rectify this issue so we can better service our guests.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Welland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Loved this hotel. Beautiful lobby. Friendly and efficient check-in. Pool and hot tub in a beautiful solarium. Spacious room with great view. Mini-bar super expensive - $4.50 for M&Ms, $6 for a one litre bottle of water. Keurig machine in the room was a nice touch, also iPod dock on alarm clock. My only real negative was inadequate signage to find hotel lobby from parking complex which involves walking through part of the Toronto Convention Centre. We had to ask for directions although it wasn't really very far. Would definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pegaroo2,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the extra amenities provided in our guestrooms as well as our pool and hot tub area. We strive to ensure our guests have a relaxing stay with us and our pool area is the perfect place to visit.

We would also like to thank you for your feedback in regards to the signage in the parking area. We will be looking into this further to see what we can do in order to provide more convenience for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and providing you with another exceptional experience.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family has been staying at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre for years. it has become a home away from home. The service in all departments is unmatched by other comparable hotels in the city. The location is amazing...within walking distance to the Theatre District, Tiff Bell Lightbox, a short cab ride to the Eaton's Centre or shopping in Yorkville, and adjacent to the CN Tower and Rogers Center. Rooms are comfortable, quiet and immaculately clean. The food in the restaurant and through room service is always delicious. The Intercontinental Toronto Centre consistently delivers. Although the room rates can be pricey depending on what events are happening in the attached convention center or in the city, good deals are frequently available, and the overall experience is well worth the expense. Travellers Tip: Treat yourself to a service at The Spa Intercontinental. It is without question the best spa in the city. Staff are knowledgeable, skilled, and go out of their way to make sure guests feel welcome and comfortable. You will surely feel pampered in this luxury spa. During the summer and weekends, the pool area is less spa-serene with boisterous children around; A designated adult-swim time would be well-received. This hotel will surely satisfy. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Club rooms offer a few extra amenities. Lake view rooms offer an unobstructed view of the CN Tower...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear N T,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your loyalty to our location is truly appreciated and we love hearing such positive feedback from our returning guests’.

We were thrilled to read you comments in regards to both Azure and The SPA. Our culinary team strives to ensure every meal is prepared to perfection and we are pleased that you have continued to enjoy the options they offer.

We would also like to thank you for your kind comments in regards to The Spa and your suggestions in regards to the pool area. We will definitely take your feedback into considerations as it is through feedback such as your that we discover possible areas of improvement. Our team in the Spa will be overjoyed to hear they made a long lasting impression on your. It is always their goal to create a comfortable and relaxing experience and we are glad they were able to do this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home and providing you with another exceptional stay.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The InterCon is our home away from home in Toronto. We always stay here when visiting friends in the city. I advise booking a room on the Club level, as the breakfast, tea time and evening appetizers are delicious & filling. The extra service provided on the Club level is well worth the minimal added expense.

I highly recommend the InterCon & we will return for another stay soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear trvlwrldgrl,

Thank you for your comments.

We are thrilled to hear that you have named us your home away from home. Our team always strives to provide a welcoming atmosphere and we are glad that we have continued to provide this for you throughout your previous stays.

Our Club InterContinental Level truly is an experience in its self. The extra amenities received truly allow for a relaxing stay with all of your needs taken care of.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another exceptional stay!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I loved my stay here, this hotel has great lodging, food, and service. And I have nothing to compare it to in Toronto, since this is the only downtown hotel I have stayed in there. I would say it is the best Intercontinental I have stayed at, out of a handful. I love to stay in a place like this where I feel pampered, cared for, and really well fed. But I have to be honest, if I was footing the bill and not my company - its not worth it. Breakfast buffet - $28 and when I asked to order off the menu, I was coached that it would not be cheaper. Drinks at the bar - $12 for well. I know this is Canadian vs American, but the exchange is not that different right now. If you can afford it, this is well worth it. I do very much expect downtown hotels to cost more, so am trying to put this in perspective.

I do have to mention that when I put the hotel's do not disturb notice out, which read, check on me later, I did not expect to have 4 calls in sequence, that hung up when I answered, that I think were from housekeeping, checking to see if I was ready. Then they left me a message the let me know they tried to service my room. DND should also mean do not call. I was presenting at this meeting and desperately in need of a nap when I was done, which I did not fully get.

I did very much appreciate the late checkout I got, since that helped me work in my room until the car came to take me to the airport.

Lovely hotel, great location, excellent service. Wish I made the money to stay at this kind of hotel all the time. Thank you, Intercontinental.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Teresa M,

Thank you for reviewing us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from our accommodations to the exceptional service we provide. Our team strives to ensure every guest is provided with outstanding service and we are glad that you received this.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience in Azure, and will be sharing your feedback in regards to the pricing with our food and beverage team. It is through feedback such as yours that we learn the areas we can improve. We will also follow up with our housekeeping department in regards to the calls you received in your room. We do agree that when the “Do Not Disturb” sign is posted calls should no be placed to the room. For this disturbance we apologize and hope to improve in this area for future.

Please feel free to contact me the next time you plan to stay with us and we would be happy to ensure your next stay is even better than your last.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!