“Expected something better, disapointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Boston, Massachusetts
“Expected something better, disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Its not a great hotel i expected more then i would have liked. The hotel is close
by to all amenities which i believe was the only reason why i chose to stay here because i seen it was a 4 star hotel and had really good positive reviews but i regret staying here at all. For starters the lobby seemed extremely outdated with cliche decorations. The concierge at the front desk wasn't very helpful , rude and clueless when i had asked her for directions. My suite was kept clean upon arrival which i was very pleased to see as most hotels I've stayed at didn't have that cleanliness. My room phone unfortunately wasn't operating so i had contacted front desk to resolve the issue, in about 10 minutes a maintenance gentlemen came. Who i believe was named Juan he was extremely helpful and the nicest maintenance guy i've met. He had a smile on the entire time of his prestence. I asked him what the hotel provided and he told me about the facilities such as ; fitness , spa , and hot tub and pool. That night i decided to do a little research about the spa and it stated that they had a Himalayan Hot Tub and Eucalyptus steam room which i was looking forward to using. So I took that offer and checked it out with couple friends the next day. I was looking forward to a Brazilian Wax at the spa , upon arrival i was greeted by the receptionist who is really friendly but bland , she seemed as if she didn't want to be there. I sadly couldn't receive my treatment due to a full bookings which was a disappointment. Anyways , i proceeded to use the Hot Tub because most spas don't provide a Himalayan salt Hot Tub. I had realized that the Hot Tub was indeed not Himalayan Salt. I've noticed within couple hours of my stay at the spa , pool maintance came by to add a couple chemicals in a swell as a big bag of pool salt which was not Himalayan. Seeing this i went to ask receptionist about the salt and she informed me that there was Himalayan in it which she lied. I didn't proceed to argue about the issue but i believe this is false advertising. I don't know why they would state on their website that they had Himalayan when they don't. That goes for the photos on the hotel website of the hotel rooms they look nothing like what they look like in reality. This hotel needs a complete renovation! Overall i will not recommened this hotel to anyone you can pay a better price at a guaranteed 5 star hotel. For example the Ritz which should have been my first choice. I regret this so much!!!

- A not so happy Sandra.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear sandraCo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

While I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and the service you received from our engineer, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your overall expectations. Our team strives to provide impeccable service to all of our guests and I apologize that there were some areas where you felt this was not received.

We will be sure to address the areas you mentioned with the appropriate departments to ensure we improve upon the service we provide. I have shared your comments in regards to service and the spa with our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, and he would love the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact Christian at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you further and welcoming you back in the future.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I will continue to stay at the Intercontinental Toronto Center, had another great stay there this January. The location is perfect, the rooms are modern with a lovely view of either the CN tower or the city. Very comfortable beds and pillows too which is great. Excellent service, very clean and pretty.

Room service is kind of pricey and so is the hotel restautrant / bar, but there are plently of great places within walking distance to visit as well for food and drinks. CN, Air Canada Center and Rogers Center are all within walking distance as well. There is also a little food court under ground across the street which is very conveinent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Capriscorpio,

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional “at you side” service and we are so glad we were able to do this for you.

It is great to know that we have gained your loyalty and we look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me once you have book your next reservation. I would be thrilled to ensure your next stay is even better than the last.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sudbury,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just got back from our family 2 day getaway to Toronto. We booked this hotel based on reviews and we are Priority Club members. We booked the Club floor and highly recommend it. The breakfast and snacks alone are worth it. The room was large and cleaned very well. I was worried because we noticed that our room was backed onto the Ice and supply room so we were nervous of noise travelling over to our room. We did not hear a thing luckily ! It is a very quiet hotel and the restaurant breakfast buffet was good.
My only complaints really was that on our second night the restaurant and bar were closed for a private function, which really wasn't too big of a deal but we were looking forward to trying it .
My other complaint is that because we checked in on the 8th floor my 7 year old daughter did not get the "kid check-in" treatment. I know that is is not the end of the world, but it would have made her feel extra special if it was given to her. She noticed the kid check-in stand in the main lobby and asked what it was for .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear JaneDoe99,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations during your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. It is great to here that you and your family had the opportunity to experience the many amenities offered on our Club InterContinental Level, it truly is worth the upgrade.

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns in regards to the private function in Azure as well as the Kids Check-in. We do our best to notify our guests in advance when private functions are taking place in Azure, and apologize that you did not have the opportunity to have dinner there. I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director and we will be discussing how we can improve in this area. Please let us know the next time you are staying with us and we would be happy book your reservation in Azure.

In regards to our Kids Check-In, unfortunately this is only set-up in our Lobby. However, the next time you stay with us you are more than welcoming to bring your daughter to the Lobby and we would be delighted to provide her with a fun and memorable check-in experience just for her!

Thank you again for reviewing us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I spent some days on a business trip to Toronto and this was the first time I stayed at the Intercontinental right in the middle of dowtown. Hardly to mention something that was not perfect.....probably the high cost of the parking service, but this is kind of expected for a place located downtown. Excellent service, superb food and very good value for your money. I recommend a lot the Club Intercontinetal rooms, the breakfast is included and has plenty of choices.This is an excellent hotel if you are visiting Toronto!

Room Tip: Club Intercontinental rooms are the best and include breakfast and other services, like free interne...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear AOrozco,

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for excellence on all fronts and we are glad that you enjoyed both our service and extensive meal options. Our Club InterContinental level truly does offer the best amenities, including the complimentary breakfast, which we are thrilled you enjoyed.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for the past weekend. What can I say, this hotel is amazing. The location is perfect for both business or leisure. The CN tower is around the block and the major financial districts are within walking distance. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a large corner room, with CN tower just outside my window, nice!

Room Tip: Note the construction near Union Station. The Front St. is partially closed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jerry L,

Thank you for your comments.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our location truly is perfect for the needs of any traveler and we are happy to hear you had the opportunity to experience some of the sites in the city.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your upgrade at check-in, we strive to ensure all our guests needs are met and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

north bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in Toronto attending a Conference and decided to splurge on staying in this hotel, because the Conference was in the attached Centre, so very convenient. The room service and meal was delicious, they remedied a minor heating issue immediately, and the room was pristine with lots of little amenities. Had a meal during Toronto's annual Winterlicious Event in their Azure Restaurant. Gorgeous food with attentive service. Stored my luggage/winter coat on my last day of attending the Conference, after I had checked out, and this was available for a gratuity only (much better deal than the Conference fee downstairs in the attached Centre). Their cocktail hour appetizers and their breakfasts were included in the hotel rate, which was located close to my floor, in a lovely setting. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear dante1956,

Thank you for your comments.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both our accommodations as well as your experience at Azure Restaurant. Our team in Azure provides exceptional service alongside a great selection of tantalizing meal options. It is great that you had the opportunity to try our Winterlicious menu, as our culinary team truly did go above and beyond to ensure each dish was served to perfection.

We will be sure to share you comments with the team as I know they would be pleased to hear they left such a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The very first Intercontinental hotel I stayed at was at Chicago Airport a few years and I've found it hard to find another Intercontinental that matches the love I had for that room. This one comes close.

This stay was close to the start of my trip involving various hotels and apartment stays over the next 2 weeks and it was definitely one of the ones that stood out the most.

The hotel itself looks nice from the lobby all the way through to the guest rooms. It's modern and comfortable. We were given a complimentary upgrade as a Gold PCR member which was nice, the room was huge, 2 televisions, nice layout, nice bathroom etc. Staff are nice, though they were not the most impressive staff during my trip (that goes to Intercon Sao Paulo, as they all knew my name after a day, without me having to give them any information...)

The only thing that I wasn't a fan of was the line to check in and check out. I didn't realise my global roaming wasn't working (as far as I knew it worked) so after my boyfriend parked the car he had to wait 10 minutes in a line just to find out what room we were in.

Location is great, lots of food nearby. Would definitely choose this Intercontinental over the Yorkville location next time I'm in Toronto needing a hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear chloeisacat,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

It is great to hear that we have gained your loyalty at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We are glad that you enjoyed our modern accommodations as well as the service you received throughout your stay. However, we do hope to win the title of most impressive service the next time you are with us, as this is what we always strive for.

We would like to thank you for your providing us with your thoughts in regards to our check-in and check-out process. We will definitely share your feedback with our team in order improve in this area.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are travelling in Toronto.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!