“Superb location with outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Superb location with outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for the past weekend. What can I say, this hotel is amazing. The location is perfect for both business or leisure. The CN tower is around the block and the major financial districts are within walking distance. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a large corner room, with CN tower just outside my window, nice!

Room Tip: Note the construction near Union Station. The Front St. is partially closed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Jerry L,

Thank you for your comments.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our location truly is perfect for the needs of any traveler and we are happy to hear you had the opportunity to experience some of the sites in the city.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your upgrade at check-in, we strive to ensure all our guests needs are met and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
north bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in Toronto attending a Conference and decided to splurge on staying in this hotel, because the Conference was in the attached Centre, so very convenient. The room service and meal was delicious, they remedied a minor heating issue immediately, and the room was pristine with lots of little amenities. Had a meal during Toronto's annual Winterlicious Event in their Azure Restaurant. Gorgeous food with attentive service. Stored my luggage/winter coat on my last day of attending the Conference, after I had checked out, and this was available for a gratuity only (much better deal than the Conference fee downstairs in the attached Centre). Their cocktail hour appetizers and their breakfasts were included in the hotel rate, which was located close to my floor, in a lovely setting. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear dante1956,

Thank you for your comments.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both our accommodations as well as your experience at Azure Restaurant. Our team in Azure provides exceptional service alongside a great selection of tantalizing meal options. It is great that you had the opportunity to try our Winterlicious menu, as our culinary team truly did go above and beyond to ensure each dish was served to perfection.

We will be sure to share you comments with the team as I know they would be pleased to hear they left such a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The very first Intercontinental hotel I stayed at was at Chicago Airport a few years and I've found it hard to find another Intercontinental that matches the love I had for that room. This one comes close.

This stay was close to the start of my trip involving various hotels and apartment stays over the next 2 weeks and it was definitely one of the ones that stood out the most.

The hotel itself looks nice from the lobby all the way through to the guest rooms. It's modern and comfortable. We were given a complimentary upgrade as a Gold PCR member which was nice, the room was huge, 2 televisions, nice layout, nice bathroom etc. Staff are nice, though they were not the most impressive staff during my trip (that goes to Intercon Sao Paulo, as they all knew my name after a day, without me having to give them any information...)

The only thing that I wasn't a fan of was the line to check in and check out. I didn't realise my global roaming wasn't working (as far as I knew it worked) so after my boyfriend parked the car he had to wait 10 minutes in a line just to find out what room we were in.

Location is great, lots of food nearby. Would definitely choose this Intercontinental over the Yorkville location next time I'm in Toronto needing a hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear chloeisacat,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

It is great to hear that we have gained your loyalty at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We are glad that you enjoyed our modern accommodations as well as the service you received throughout your stay. However, we do hope to win the title of most impressive service the next time you are with us, as this is what we always strive for.

We would like to thank you for your providing us with your thoughts in regards to our check-in and check-out process. We will definitely share your feedback with our team in order improve in this area.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are travelling in Toronto.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times before and chose it this time because of its closeness to where I would be doing business this time. It is walking distance to all the offices I was visiting and is also close to the CN Tower, which I actually managed to visit this time. There are also plenty of decent restaurants within walking distance.

Check-in was swift and friendly. I had a suite, which is actually two identical rooms with the interconnecting door opened and different furniture in the second room: a sofa and a round table with a couple of chairs replacing the bed and desk. It's a good arrangement as you can have meetings in one of the rooms and close the door into the bedroom.

The room was quite high up and had a good view of the Toronto skyline and Union Station, but alas not of the CN Tower. The only problem was that it was next to the elevators, which sounded like a large truck going by. Unfortunately, they didn't have any other similar rooms available for me to move to.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, but the bathrooms (I had two identical ones) are a bit on the small side. Decor is pretty standard InterContinental, which I feel looks a bit cold, but is otherwise OK.

I was woken up two nights in a row by the smell of smoke in my room. When I opened the room door, the corridor was filled with cigarette smoke. I did report this to the front desk, who said they would send security up, as the hotel should be entirely non-smoking. It didn't stop it from happening a second time though.

I only ate in the restaurant once. We were the only people in the restaurant and they were playing loud, inappropriate music, although they turned it down when I asked. From the menu, the food sounded over-elaborate, so I had the simplest option, a chicken caesar salad, which was fine.

I used the fitness centre a couple of times. It was well equipped with machines and free weights.

Thanks to Ian the concierge for a great restaurant recommendation!

Room Tip: Away from the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Carlton79,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is great to hear that our convenient location has continued to win you over. We truly are located in the centre of it all within walking distance to all local attractions.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the prompt and courteous service we provided at check-in, as this is what we always strive to provide. It is our goal to ensure our guests needs are met and while I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your guestroom, I would like to apologize for smoke smell and the noise you heard from the elevator. I have shared both of these issues with the appropriate departments and we will be working on ways to improve in these areas.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and exceeding all of your expectations. Please feel free to contact me after booking your next reservation, as I would love the opportunity to tailor your reservation to meet your needs.

West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is kept very clean. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The downside is the cost for wifi and it is not convenient for shopping, but you can walk to it in about 15 minutes if it is not too cold out

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Norm S,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations during your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We thank you for your feedback in regards to our wi-fi. It is through feedback such as this that we learn the areas we can improve in.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Another great night spent here for the hockey game at the ACC. We were sure this year to get here earlier to have swim and hot tub before the hockey game! There is a kids check-in where they both go a coloring book, a pack of crayola crayons and a slinky, all in a great little carrying bag! The kids loved it! Clean, quiet (on the 23rd floor) and comfortable rooms. Valet parking was a breeze with the bags delivered to our eoom within 10 minutes of checking in. We forgot a coat in the truck, and with our ticket number, they referenced our vehicle, got the coat and brought it to our room, again very timely. The pool is salt water, and so is the kiddy pool and so is the hot tub. Our kids love all 3 :) and so do we! The gym is by far the best kept and cleanest I have seen at any hotel AND has a great variety of well maintained equipment. The spa looks awesome with their Aveda products, but I have yet to make an appointment. Easy walk to ACC, CN tour and Rogers Centre. The kids enjoyed watching the CN tour change colors at night. Breakfats is fabulous, and the kids eat free! We always stay here when we come to a game as a family and we have yet to be disapointed. Smooth, easy, clean, friendly, accomodating...everything needed to make a great family weekend getaway! Thanks and look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Atlantic2Pacific,

Thank you for your kind comments.

We were so thrilled to learn that you and your family had such an excellent stay with us. It is our goal to ensure our guests receive exceptional “at your side” service while they are with us, and we are glad that we were able to provide this to you.

It is great to hear that your kids enjoyed their special check-in. At the InterContinental Toronto Centre every guest is important and we love exceeding all of our guests’ expectations (children included).

Please let me know when you’ve booked your next reservation, as I would love to make sure your next stay is just as memorable!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Intercontinental Hotel is attached to the Metro Convention Centre which makes it's location the best if you are attending a trade show or conference there. There is no need to go outside just walk down the hall to the meeting rooms. The hotel decor is modern and the rooms are a good size for downtown with modern TVs and very comfortable beds. The location of this hotel is key for trades shows but also if you are going to see a Leafs, Raptors or Jays game it is in a perfect spot. There are many restaurants within yards of the front door of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Panther67,

Thank you for your review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location during your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We truly are located at the centre of it all, within steps of all the great attractions. Our location caters to all travelers, whether travelling for business or for pleasure!

We are thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy and make the most of your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!