“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #18 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Oslo, Norway
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A great hotel in a great location, neigbouring the CN tower in downtown Toronto. Friendly and curteous staff, great facilities. I stayed in a boutique hotel within the hotel itself, complete with it's own reception and breakfast room. Efficient and elegant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Wildviking,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide the best of service to our guests and I am glad that our team delivered this to you. Our Club InterContinental Level truly does cater to every travelers needs and we are delighted that you enjoyed the more personalized experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

1,385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hello,

I stayed at the InterContinental Toronto Center on Front Street for 2 nights last week. The hotel is very well located near the Union Square Station. I am a Platinum Ambassador and my Club room was on the executive Club Floor on the 8th Floor. From the minute I checked in at the Club by Vera I was in true paradise. Finally, real customer services like what it used to be in the hotel industry! I was welcomed and treated like family, not to say royal family. Vera took care of all my needs and went over and above what should even be expected these days. She made sure I was well taken care of during my stay and always addressed me by my name, which makes me feel very special. Thank you Vera for everything!

I have also received high level of customer services by Stephanie King from the Club. She also took care of all my needs and more during my 2-day stay. She invited me for the afternoon tea and a wide variety of sweet items and sandwiches. She also made sure I attended their evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvre. She is very professional and an adorable host. She is definitively an asset to the InterContinental Club Lounge! They could not do without her – it is as simple as that!

The only small negative, which is very minor, is the bathroom in my Club room. Extremely clean and well appointed, however, in need of TLC as it is showing its age. But as I said, extremely clean and functional, but showing its age. I suggest it is time for a face lift!

Now, I know where I will stay without any hesitation for all of my numerous business trips in Toronto.

I cannot wait for my next business trip in Toronto.

Room Tip: Club rooms with a view of the CN tower are the best!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear StéphaneDoucet,

Thank you for recognizing us on TripAdvisor!

We are so pleased to have made such a positive impression on you during your most recent stay. This is always our goal and we are glad to know we succeeded. Our Club Concierge team truly does go above and beyond to meet our guests needs and we are happy to hear that they did this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to Toronto.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great hotel with excellent staff providing excellent service. Easy to get to from Pearson airport via airport shuttle. Attached to the convention centre and close to everything you might need or want to visit. Especially impressed with the Concierge staff!

Room Tip: I had a package that included the buffet brunch on Sunday - very good spread.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear EmmaLeeThePeg,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our concierge team truly does go above and beyond for our guests and we are happy to hear that they were able to make a lasting impression.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Upon on arrival the vallet staff were prompt and super helpful with getting our personables out of our vehicle and directing us to the main check in desk. Check in was awesome, the girl that checked us in was smiling from ear to ear the entire time, she was obviously the perfect choice for this job, and she made sure we had a complete understanding of any questions or uncertainties we may have during our stay. Our room was spectacular! We were on top of the world with having the corner suite located on the top floor of the hotel with a beautiful view facing out over the Toronto harbor.
The next mornings breakfast was awesome, lots of selection, and even with us showing up very late to the breakfast buffet serving times, we were graciously told there was lots of food for us, they told us to "take our time eating", and to back that statement we were not rushed in any way throughout our time there. The door services personal (front door belhop) were always present, ALWAYS opening doors for us, gave us very concise directions, offered us places of interest to check out, even went back into the hotel once to get us a map to have with us while we were out and about in the city.
One huge bonus this hotel has over many we had looked into staying at was being directly connected to the Convention Center, this is one simple aspect that is worth millions when attending any of the many shows and events at the MTCC, from the front desk it is only 10 steps and your in the convention center, what could be better!
This hotel sure has their operations together, their staff were always present all throughout the hotel and willing to help at any moment, even if their help is nothing more than a smile and a 'good day folks' or a 'have a wonderful day', very personable!
Check out was fast and efficent, any questions we had on check out were promptly explained and all was just as we had requesred with our original reservation. Vallet was very quick with retreving our vehicle and rushed over to take my wifes luggage to the car and load it, and they even made sure to open my wifes door for her as well, a very nice touch!!!
Our original reasons for choosing this hotel was because of their location and their good reviews, now after having stayed there, I can tell you next time we travel to T town, we will choose this hotel because of this awesome experience and also because of it location! Thanks to all the staff at the IHG Toronto Center - great job folks!

Room Tip: Corner suites have an awesome view of the harbour and are freaking huge!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Everydays_a_h0liday,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You have painted a perfect picture of what it is to stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. Our team is always striving to provide “at your side” service as well as create memorable moments for all of our guests. We are so pleased to know we succeeded in providing this to your during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Huntsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great Hotel with excellent staff, had an excellent couples weekend with lots to do and lots of great shopping. Would even consider doing this again instead of New York City. Only complaint was the hotels "Instant" button on the phone. Took 5 minutes for someone to answer lol!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Eyeguy3038,

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your couples weekend at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. It is always our goal to provide the best of service to all of our guests and we are pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in this area.

We are always looking to improve our services to meet our guests needs and we thank you for bringing the issue you experienced to our attention. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure we improve in this area.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The room was large and clean as was the bathroom. Our main concern on noise while sleeping was the heating system. Many hotel rooms have an option to keep the fan on continuos This room the fan and heat came on every 10 to 15 minutes all night and made for not the most restfull sleep for both of us.
In addition any sounds from the corridor like talking and room doors closing could be easily heard in the room
Great view, large room, clean, great bed but noisy.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Londonhobby,

Thank you for your review.

While I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the size and cleanliness of your guestroom, I would like to apologize for the restless night you experienced.

I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments, in order to ensure we improve in the areas you mentioned.

To discuss your experience further, please contact Christian Potvin, Director of Rooms, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Superb hotel right next to the CN Tower. I stayed there for 6 nights for a convention. Very high level of professionalism from all the staff.
Room service: I used room service for 3 dinners. Excellent! I really liked the vegetale styr fried and their chocolate cookies.
Restaurant Azure: I took one lunch and one dinner at restaurant Azure. Very little choice, and apply the same menu for breakfast and lunch. I did not return because of the lack of choice.
Room: Very nice room, spacious. Bed very comfortable, especially the pillows. Three negative points; 1 - lack of light in the bathroom. No light in the shower and no light for makeup. 2 - the room had a damp smell. 3 - The sound of the air exchanger is very noisy.
Because of this three points, I will try an other hotel next time.

Room Tip: Ask with a view on the lac
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear zara1213,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are glad to hear that the service we provided exceeded your expectations during your recent stay.

However, we would to apologize for the issues you experienced in your guestroom. Please know that we do take our guest feedback seriously and are looking into improving in the areas you mentioned.

We would love the opportunity to regain your loyalty and ensure your next stay is a more than pleasant one. Please contact Christian Potvin, Director of Rooms, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com in order to discuss this opportunity further.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!