“Perfect downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brampton, Canada
“Perfect downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at an Intercontinental hotel and I was impressed by our entire experience. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to club level. Our room was very comfort and provided us with a view of the CN Tower and Lake Ontario. Excellent service, cleanliness and location made this hotel stay stand out over all others in the area.

• Stayed October 2012
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Michabean76,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on the excellent service we are known to provide and we are pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to experience it first hand.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just spent four nights here for a conference and it was definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed at for business. Stayed on the 9th floor and had executive access to lounge on the 8th floor for snacks and drinks during the day. Really liked being able to just grab breakfast and light lunch and snacks in the evening rather than having to order room service or find a store/restaurant nearby not that it would have been too hard as the hotel is situated right in the heart of downtown and you can walk to the shops on Queen Street, and the main attractions downtown such as the CN Tower, Sports Arenas, Concert halls. I even walked to Kensington Market though it's a bit of a hike. When it rained we had sky walk access to our meetings in the convention center and I could via rail in to Union Station and be a block from the hotel. All in all a good stay, comfortable beds and linens, good service and nice location. Hope my next conference in Toronto is at this hotel; last time we were at the Sheraton and this was much better.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 9th floor with executive access to lounge on the 8th floor.
Dear mec456,

Thank you for your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Club Level accommodations as well as our convenient location during your stay with us. We always strive to meet our guests needs and we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I just came back from a work congress and I stayed at this hotel. I would return anytime to this hotel.

Rooms are big, clean and bed is very comfortable. Staff was awesome as the service. Only downside is that the bathrooms in the rooms would need a little bit of refresh as they are outdated but otherwise, everything was perfect!

It is the perfect location in downtown toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear maxrx7,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always striving to provide the best service for all our guests and we are so glad that we were able to do this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

owen sound
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had a great week-end at this hotel.Stephanie in the reservation office was extremely helpful in getting my reservation completed.She has helped in the past several times and so I always contact her for reservations. She even asked me to contact her if I needed anything. Very helpful person. I have stayed at many hotels in the past but it is not common to hear that a Reservation Manager takes so much interest in ensuring your comfort.
Brandon from the engineering/maintenance dept recognized us and also came to greet us. We were given a very warm welcome.
The only negative comment was that Internet access costs too much and most other hotels will provide free access.
The room decor was very pleasant and beds and furniture were upgraded.
Even the doorman was very pleasant. As we were heading out, he recommended us to carry an umbrella as the weather forecast was for rain. Wow this person deserves commendation along with the other people mentioned earlier.

Room Tip: The room we had on 14th floor had an excellent view of waterfront.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear dinesh s,

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are always striving to provide the best service to our guests and I am so pleased that Stephanie and Brandon were able to show you this first hand during your recent stay with us.

I can assure you that our teams’ efforts will not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My stay at the Intercontinental was remarkable from check in to departure. My train got in at 11:00 a.m. and I was still able to check in at that time and was given a beautiful room with a fantastic view. Check in was completely seamless and the person at the desk was lovely.

The room was a pleasant surprise, very clean and tidy, with fantastic views of the CN Tower, waterfront and Rogers Centre. I was in room 1401. The only down side on the floor was that the ice machine was out of order so I had to go to the 13th to get ice. Was a bit of a pain but no biggie.

I had booked two massages at the spa during my stay and thoroughly enjoyed the facilities. There is a separate steam room in each of the men's and women's change rooms which was really nice and relaxing. The pool/hot tub area wasn't too busy and maintained the relaxed atmosphere of the spa.

I had massages with Robert and Valerie, both of which were great. Valerie was remarkable and I would book her if I had the opportunity to again. The staff in the spa were really nice and helpful.

The location of the hotel can't be beat, as it is within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions. The Eaton Centre is a bit of a hike but only a $7 cab ride away.

I booked a room that had a complimentary continental breakfast included which I was expecting to be an array of muffins. Boy was I wrong! The breakfast buffet was amazing, had an entire section of fruit, then a hot buffet with an omelette station, as well as a variety of pastries to choose from. It would have been steep to pay for so I'm glad I got it included but it was far superior than what I expected.

My stay at the Intercontinental was fabulous from beginning to end and I will be sure to book there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Shannon d,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations and we are happy to hear that we were able to do this for you. The SPA InterContinental truly is a great place to relax and unwind and I am glad that both Robert and Valerie were able to make your stay that much more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was back at the Intercontinental Hotel on Front Street in Toronto for a yearly meeting and once again this hotel was a great venue. The valet parking was cheerful and efficient, check-in was easy and I was asked if I wanted a room facing the city or the CN tower. I love the view of the tower so I picked that and was not disappointed. My entire time at the hotel was spent in meetings so I can only speak to the food served in our meeting room , but the food and service was fine and the meeting room was great for our group. We had internet included for our meeting and it worked fine. I do wish that the internet was just free rather than charging for this especially at more upscale hotels.

Leaving the hotel was easy enough though Front street is still under construction so you have to know where you are planning to go before leaving the hotel. Overall, I like the hotel a lot and am planning to come back for some non-business visiting later in the fall,

Room Tip: ask to face the CN tower for a great night time view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear travelmom2012,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We always hope to meet our guests expectations and are so glad that we managed to exceed yours during this stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back this fall.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great hotel location. Was upgraded to club king for free by the hotel manager as when I booked the room through this site you are not guaranteed that you will get one bed or 2 doubles.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Easytobook.com Traveler,

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased that we were able to meet your needs during your most recent stay with us. We always strive to ensure that our guests receive the best service and we are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!