“Little value for money but great staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

You added InterContinental Toronto Centre to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #18 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Halifax, Canada
“Little value for money but great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a combo of work and play. Beautiful lobby and restaurant, but room was cramped and average. Lots of rain in Toronto while we visited making us tempted to eat at AZURE but after one very overpriced meal, we decided to get wet and walk the neighbourhood for food. The best part of the hotel was the staff, all very smiley and helpful. But no wifi in room, business center was expensive to use and the room's bathroom needed some things fixed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Hotel is close to tourist sites and restaurant. Staff is helpful in giving restaurant options in the area. The rooms are comfortable and great views

• Stayed May 2011
Boston area, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed for one night at this hotel. The room was really nice. The bed was great as was the shower. High speed internet worked well. (For me, these are the holy trinity of hotel features). The gym and location come next but I didn't use the gym so can't comment on it. The location was a little out of the way.

I arrived in the mid-afternoon and had not had lunch. I went to the lobby restaurant/bar and asked if they had anything on the menu that didn't have bread or flour. The hostess kind of flippantly told me, I'm sure there are lots of things on the menu. No effort to help. I sat down, read the menu, and there was precious little with protein that didn't have bread/flour (sandwiches, burgers, a pasta dish) and nothing on there I actually wanted to eat. I got up and gave her the menu back and told her that I couldn't find anything on the menu that worked. Rather than say, let me take a look and see if I can find some option, or even better, let me go back and talk to the chef, she just looked a little miffed. I went across the street and had some sushi. So, no big deal, and she wasn't rude or difficult, just not helpful or proactive.

One other comment that probably is general rather than specific to this hotel. I'm a Platinum on Priority Club but don't tend to stay in too many Intercontinentals. This hotel (and maybe all ICs) don't provide any special amenities, AFAIK, to Platinums. You need to purchase an $200 Ambassador package, which I haven't done -- I did it one year but didn't get the amenities that would have made it worthwhile so dropped it. My status on the website says Platinum Ambassador, but as far as I can tell that is of no value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed over Easter weekend and was travelling with my husband, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. We booked because the Intercontinental had a fantastic Easter package and a ton to do for people with children. The check in was quick and efficient, the kids had their own check in area and received a great bag with a coloring book, crayons and toys.. that kept them entertained for a while:)
The rooms are beautiful, bright, the club lounge a great place to relax and enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and evening snacks.
A kids room available with WII, tv's, slides, bowling, golf etc. The kids loved this room. The best part was that the kids were able to spend some time in the Pastry kitchen of the hotel to decorate cookies, they received chef's hats and a certificate. I must say I was very impressed with the hotel and without a doubt would go back in a heart beat. Oh and if you have time check out the pool and SPA - I had the most amazing 1 hour massage ever.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel over the Easter Weekend taking advantage of the special which included room/valet parking/breakfast. Service was attentive and friendly from the time we got out the car on arrival to our departure. Our room was immaculate and well appointed. The buffet breakfast was excellent. Looking forward to our next visit to Toronto and a return visit to the IC Toronto Centre.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Rooms are barely upgraded Motel 6 quality. Big convention hotel (the crowd shows it). Checked in late one night- claimed to have only smoking rooms left (smoking rooms still exist in the first world in 2011 ??)- after i showed my itinerary confirming a non-smoking room (with some firmness on my part), a smoking room mysteriously became available. But only with two double beds (what business traveler wants two double beds?). Definitely would not stay here again if I can avoid it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be adequate....not outstanding or 5 star ... but fine nonetheless. The location is ideal for first time visitors - very close to everything you need to see and do in Toronto. The concierge was helpful and the in-house restaurant fine for a few drinks. We didn't eat there because there are so many fabulous restaurants just a few blocks away.

The spa is good -- as are the therapists -- but the lady who ran the reception desk at the spa did not maintain the high standard, her absence of customer service was noted. Luckily the the actual therapist was great ...
Disappointing that we had to pay for internet access in room ...really strange (and annoying) that hotels such as the Intercontinental still charge for this .... leaves a bad impression -- A quick and cheap thing to fix if they wanted to !!

We'd stay again if we were in Toronto - its good for a standard hotel experience.. just nothing special.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!