Went on Hotwire and book a 4 star hotel on the West end of downtown Toronto. Was let down when I seen that trip advisor and AAA both rate the hotel as only a 3 star hotel and even complain to Hotwire about rating in a 4 star hotel. (which did little good, lol)
Is it a 4 star hotel, maybe not but its a strong 3.5 star hotel. I got a room with two queen beds and found both beds very nice. All rooms have a very large flat screen TV, my friends were staying at the Hilton and their flat screen TV at either 32 or 36 inches look so tiny compare to mine. The room had rocker switches for the lights and were very easy to find in a dark room, wel placed and thought out. Right at the edge of the bed is a rocker light switch for the overhead bed light and they were not bright at all. The bathroom had a frosted glass window which allowed the main room light in or the bathroom light out if the main room was dark. I loved how I could easily make the room as dim or bright as I liked.
My room was at the back of the hotel and I thought pretty quite. Sat. night at 2 am the bar music still could be hear but it is right in the entrainment strip. Was able to sleep all 4 nights just fine...I laid down at the Hilton hotel for a rest and noticed the fan louder than at the Hyatt hotel. It did help to close the bathroom door but I don't think I did each night but still slept great.
My room was clean early each day and by mid afternoon the maid was gone from the floor. Nice for privacy compare to other hotels I stayed at and seen the maid all day long on the same floor.
My stay wasn't perfect, the elevator was slow cause only one or two out of four was working but not longer than 5 mins I had to wait. Late at night returning to the hotel the elevator was at the lobby with the door open each time I was there...very nice. Rather wait during the day for it then at 1 am.
I found the hotel staff great and very professional. Was eager and helpful yet out of the way when not needed.
All in all it was one of the better hotels I been at and I stayed at over 20 so far, with 6 being in Toronto--I don't write reviews for each one.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Toronto Hotel Toronto
- Hyatt Regency Toronto Hotel
- Toronto Hyatt Regency
- Holiday Inn Toronto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Toronto Entertainment District, central downtown, is the beautiful Hyatt Regency Toronto. Boasting 394 guestrooms including 32 deluxe suites on 20 floors. Typical guestroom features include 42inch plasma television, iPod Docking station, multi-media interface capabilities, massaging showerhead and other comforts of home. For business or pleasure, the Hyatt Regency Toronto provides the perfect location for anywhere you need to be in Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.