“Cleanliness isn't a strong point.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Toronto

You added Hyatt Regency Toronto to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   370 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #55 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Cleanliness isn't a strong point.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travelled to this property in November of 2012 with 11 co-workers for a business trip. When trying to set up a group rate, we were originally quoted $169. The second quote was $149. In the end, we did not pursue the group rate and booked rooms individually on the hotel's website for $139.

I experienced one major issue with this property... the room I was in (1106) was definitely not cleaned to an appropriate standard. I took the attached photos and showed them to the front desk staff. I was advised that the Manager was in a meeting, but that my parking fees would be waived (2 vehicles in self ground parking at $35/night each) and that my room would be cleaned immediately in the morning. I asked that the room be cleaned as early as possible in the morning as I would be returning from a meeting for a few hours. I indicated that I did not wish to change rooms because I was pregnant and just too tired to pack everything up and get settled somewhere new. The following occured:
- My room was not cleaned prior to noon. I arrived back at the hotel around 11:30 am and my room had not yet been attended to. When I came back at 5:00 pm, the room had been cleaned.
- When I went to check out, only one night of parking fees had been waived. I was under the impression based on my conversation with the front desk staff and the note left in my room that all three nights would be waived. However, I did not pursue the issue as $70 was removed from my overall bill.
- When I returned back to my room at 5:00 pm, there was a fruit and cheese tray, a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, and a note from the Manager left in my room. This was a nice gesture, but I had explained to the front desk staff that I am pregnant. The bottle of wine was therefore inappropriate and only reiterated the fact that my concerns had not been properly addressed.
- The room was cleaned to a substandard level, with many of the same issues in the attached photos still present.

Overall, the following and general positive and negative points about the hotel:

Positive:
- Location. Close to all major attractions, the Subway, and the streetcar.
- Starbucks within the hotel, as well as well-stocked gift shop.
- Reasonable rate for downtown Toronto.
- Quick and efficient check-in and check-out.
- An attempt was made to rectify an issue brought to the front desk staff.
- Hotel was quiet.
- Bed was comfortable.

Negative:
- Rooms are relatively small.
- My room did not have a full length mirror anywhere. This is not the case in all rooms, as my co-worker had a full length mirror in his room.
- Room not cleaned to an appropriate standard.
- Parking is expensive at $30 or $35/night, depending on where you park. Internet is also expensive at $14.95/day.
- Washroom was small, with no counter space.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Turkish first
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a beautiful place to stay. It's right in the heart of the Entertainment district. Plenty of nearby restaurants. Close to the Eaton Centre, CN Tower, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre and Union Station (to name a few!!!). Lobby is clean, beautiful and well appointed, as are the rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. If you stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear 4everaway:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. With our location being in the heart of Toronto, it allows our guest to go and enjoy a night on the town. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando and now Toronto. Wow! What a difference. The Orlando Regency is opulent and Toronto quite modest. To be fair, I did book through one of the discount hotel sites, so got a great deal, BUT I would never pay the full price for this hotel.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Note that all the opinions shared in my reviews are based on those of a 25 year old business man who loves to travel and dine. Also note that i will not provide any pictures with my reviews.
It is very difficult to take photographs that actually do the subject justice. *trust me, i have tried and you simply cannot take a picture that truly justifies a hotel room.*

Rooms looked nice in the pictures however all they did was take an old beaten down hotel and try to put modern furniture to cover everything up. Don't get me wrong, i don't think that's a bad idea, I've stayed in hotels where they've done that before, however this one failed at it.
You could see the rust in the corner of the rooms,showers, bathrooms and closets.
Also you have to pay for Internet Wi-Fi, I told myself: ''you know what, it's downtown Toronto, i'll let it slide'' HOWEVER, here's the kicker, you have to pay Wi-Fi for EACH DEVICE YOU USE, meaning if you are a business man like me OR if you have a family and you need to connect
1. Laptop, 2. I-Pad or Tablet 3. I-Phone or Smartphone 4.2nd Laptop, you will be charged around 10-15$ for each device.
Breakfast was not very good, it's your typical buffet that you'd expect from a lower class hotel but not from a supposedly superior quality hotel like this one. *Not to mention that, they would charge you 25$ per plate*

There are a few positives from this hotel
The hotel Lobby and the bar is nice.
Staff is friendly
The location is very convenient and close to everything
Ex: Rogers Center, Convention Center, Restaurants, Much Music, Shopping.

Bottom Line
For the price which averages around 200-240$, i highly suggest staying at the Soho Metropolitan which is just around the block.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Trinhception:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. We're sorry to hear your stay didn't meet your expectations. This is not the level of service Hyatt wants to provide to our guests. I've shared your feedback with our Management members. We will be happy to recognize our employees for the friendly service provided. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Had a one night weekend stay during very busy weekend. They had upgraded me to a very nice suite on a top floor.

Rooms director was working around the lobby area on with days and was able to exchange few words with him.

The suite on the top floor was decorated bit W'ish style. Had a proper living room with a funky sofa and bedroom was facing the CN tower.

Breakfast area was busy on Saturday and they had extended the hours close to noon. I decided to have the breakfast at the bar and order off the menu that was the standard breakfast menu for Hyatt's in North America.

Had a problem with the wireless internet that was solved by bringing an additional access point to the suite.

For some reason, the hotels POS could process the Visa debit card that was issued in Asia that I wanted to use to pay. Had to hop to the nearby bank atm to get some cash.

Overall, very nice stay and will return.

• Stayed November 2012
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the suite upgrade. Please feel free to contact us if you need any future assistance. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Toronto for one night. This was a King suite, and the bed was really sub-par; sloping into the middle from both sides. The room was clean enough, with updated flat screen t.v. and a nice view of the CN Tower. The bathroom had a weird feature -- a "smoked glass" window that went into the rest of the room, so if someone gets up in the night the whole room lights up as a result. I'm not sure what this feature was supposed to add. The staff were friendly and the location is good with lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights and at no point were we made to feel welcome by the staff. The hotel room was tired and overall the hotel common areas were below average. The rooms were so cramped and small. We are going back to toronto next month and will not be staying at the hyatt there are much better hotels in the area.

I have travelled extensively throughout north america/ asia using trip advisor along the way at no point have i ever seen reason to write a negative review.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at our property. It’s very disappointing to learn that your stay did not meet expectations. I sincerely apologize that you did not feel welcomed by the staff. At Hyatt Regency Toronto we want our guests to feel welcomed and at home. I will discuss your comments with our staff. I hope that in the future we can have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can experience our true Hyatt hospitality.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Toronto? Share your experiences!