“Very good Gold Passport Diamond treatment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Toronto

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Toronto to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   370 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #54 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Los Angeles, California
“Very good Gold Passport Diamond treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Had a one night weekend stay during very busy weekend. They had upgraded me to a very nice suite on a top floor.

Rooms director was working around the lobby area on with days and was able to exchange few words with him.

The suite on the top floor was decorated bit W'ish style. Had a proper living room with a funky sofa and bedroom was facing the CN tower.

Breakfast area was busy on Saturday and they had extended the hours close to noon. I decided to have the breakfast at the bar and order off the menu that was the standard breakfast menu for Hyatt's in North America.

Had a problem with the wireless internet that was solved by bringing an additional access point to the suite.

For some reason, the hotels POS could process the Visa debit card that was issued in Asia that I wanted to use to pay. Had to hop to the nearby bank atm to get some cash.

Overall, very nice stay and will return.

• Stayed November 2012
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the suite upgrade. Please feel free to contact us if you need any future assistance. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Toronto for one night. This was a King suite, and the bed was really sub-par; sloping into the middle from both sides. The room was clean enough, with updated flat screen t.v. and a nice view of the CN Tower. The bathroom had a weird feature -- a "smoked glass" window that went into the rest of the room, so if someone gets up in the night the whole room lights up as a result. I'm not sure what this feature was supposed to add. The staff were friendly and the location is good with lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights and at no point were we made to feel welcome by the staff. The hotel room was tired and overall the hotel common areas were below average. The rooms were so cramped and small. We are going back to toronto next month and will not be staying at the hyatt there are much better hotels in the area.

I have travelled extensively throughout north america/ asia using trip advisor along the way at no point have i ever seen reason to write a negative review.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at our property. It’s very disappointing to learn that your stay did not meet expectations. I sincerely apologize that you did not feel welcomed by the staff. At Hyatt Regency Toronto we want our guests to feel welcomed and at home. I will discuss your comments with our staff. I hope that in the future we can have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can experience our true Hyatt hospitality.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I purchased this room on Hotwire. I'm from Toronto but my girlfriends and I just wanted to stay downtown for the night instead of trying to contend with the TTC or paying lots of money for a cab. For the price it was good. We gambled with Hotwire and got the hotel we wanted. The room was very very tiny. The bathroom was also very tiny, which with 4 girls getting ready was really difficult. They also had this weird little alcove with a mirror and a light, which was fine to do make up but no plugs around. Totally a minor thing, but would have made that space more useful for the group of girls with flat irons. Overall, the room was clean and the lobby is very nice. They were also quite accomodating - bringing us more towels - 3 towels with 4 girls... its bad math. I would stay here again though for the right price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here (November 4, 2012) while visiting friends. The price was fine ($135 on Priceline) but the room we received was nothing special. Parts of the mirror frame in the bathroom, as well as moulding on the bathroom door, had pulled away from the wall due to water damage. Although a sign on the floor advised that noise levels were to be controlled after 10 pm, rambunctious teenagers obviously could not read - there was yelling and banging of doors on several occasions between 11pm and 1 am. And self-parking in the garage was $30. Overall, I rate this a C- experience. Aside from the location near many restaurants and theaters, this was no better than 'average'.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in a room on the 10th floor. it was my worst experience. The hotel is nice and clean and all that, but dont know how the hotel managed to let in a group of teenagers who partied all night long. I didn't get 2 hours straight of sleep. There was a party going on in the room on my left and same with the room on my right and all night kids were moving from one room to the other opening and closing their room doors. All i heard all night was dooors being slammed back and forth. Actually i'm not sure if there was a problem with the floor because even the next day, i still kept hearing a door being opened and closed all night. I called the front desk, they didn't do much. They sent someone upstairs to have a look, but that didn't stop the college kids from continuing with their party night. When i complained the next morning, the girl at the front desk said she would have given me some kind of compensation but can't since my hotel was already prepaid. Which is what most people do anyway to pay for their hotels. Other things i've noticed is that there is no fridge in the room which is quite annoying as i had snacks that i couldn't store in the evening, and no ventillation in the washrooms. The bed wasn't comfortable, felt like the mattress was stiff and bumpy. What a terrible night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

They oversold their rooms the night I had a reservation. They had my flight info, so they knew Inwould be a late check in. I arrived at 1am, only to find that there were no rooms available. They did not rven offer to help me find another hotel room. The next day i came back, to the offer of a room upgrade (which i didnt care about since i spent very little time in the room) free internet, and 1 night free. While a nice gesture, WHY EVEN OVERSELL TO BEGIN WITH????!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
I’m saddened to hear that your experience at our property was less than ideal. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you on your first night due to being oversold. This is a very rare and unfortunate circumstance. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. If you would like to discuss your recent stay please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Toronto? Share your experiences!