“A good hotel, though lacking some functionality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Toronto

You added Hyatt Regency Toronto to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   370 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Nova Scotia
“A good hotel, though lacking some functionality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is located in the Entertainment District, and there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby.

The lobby/bar area of the hotel is very busy, trendy and was a great spot for a drink.

The room was very modern, though it did lack some functionality. There was no mirror aside from in the bathroom (and a small mirror/shelf high above the bed).

The bathroom was small and lacked space for hanging up towels. There was also no fan in the bathroom, which is annoying after you shower, especially since there wasn't another mirror in the main part of the room. There was also a frosted glass window in the bathroom that faced the beds, which is a bit strange for a room with two double beds.

Also, the room had a large flat screen tv with no HD channels.

There is a rooftop pool and patio area, unfortunately it wasn't warm enough to use while I was there!

It was a good hotel for a night, and I would stay here again. I wouldn't want to stay in the room for a week due to the size of the bathroom and lack of storage space. We got a great deal on the room through Priceline.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed in Hyatt Regency toronto for a couple of nights in April! and we just loved it.
Skeptical initially by the not so good ratings, we were totally taken by surprise as our stay turned out to be really wonderful.
The room we were given was awesome with nice view of CN tower.
Location is very perfect on King Street in downtown toronto and public transport at arms reach.This hotel is steps aways from CN tower, Rogers Center and other downtown attractions.If you are looking for night life in downtown toronto, you wont find a better hotel.
The full breakfast was on par with some of the best hotels in North America.
Sandeep at the front desk was a great guy and very helpful.
Nice fitness center but swimming pool was closed.
Parking is expensive ( I think around $24) but you can find a number of cheaper options for parking around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We greatly appreciate your kind words. We are thrilled you had a terrific stay with us and that Sandeep was able to help build on your Toronto experience. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to Sandeep. You will be happy to know that our pool has opened for the season. We hope on your next stay with us you will be able to take advantage of it!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Great location with excellent customer service. I choose this hotel from other tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. If possible, reserve a package that includes the full breakfast buffet, it is delicious. I was expecting your typical, boring continental breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to see "real" food. Friendly, accommodating staff and clean rooms give it two thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
We're so happy that your experience at the Hyatt Regency Toronto was met your expectations. We're thrilled you were able to take advantage of our splendid full breakfast buffet. This is an excellent choice for those who love a great selection of delicious foods. Your referral is our biggest compliment. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

After checking out the TripAdvisor reviews of this hotel days before my family and I were departing for a Toronto vacation, I was terribly worried after reading lots of negative feedback. My family's experience could not have been more different. We had a terrific stay and the hotel staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The positive experience started when we checked in after our international flight arrived in the morning and we appeared at the hotel at 9:30 am. Not only were we given a room (!) but it was a non-smoking, king bed, with a great view of the CN Tower which we wanted (thanks for setting us up Felicita!). The room was nicely sized and was decorated in a modern/trendy style. The bathroom is small and did not have a tub. The only complaint I had was that I agree with other reviewers there is very little storage space in the hotel room- there is ample closet space, but very few drawers and the ones there are are small and oddly shaped. That was more than offset by the location in the Entertainment District- centrally located to the CN Tower, the Islands, Chinatown and Kensington Market. While not right on the subway, the hotel is on a streetcar and a short 2 block walk to the subway. The service was outstanding. In addition to Felicita at the front desk, Dusty at the front desk let me walk behind the counter and use her own computer to print out my boarding pass when the kiosk to do it wasn't working, and Wesen on the valet staff gave my toddler son some toy balls as a gift when he was crying in the lobby. Our stay could not have been more pleasant and contributed to a terrific Toronto vacation. I would stay at this hotel again next time I visit Toronto.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We are so glad to hear that Felicita, Dusty, and Wesen were able to help create such a terrific stay for you. It is always a delight to know that our staff went above and beyond to help you. Our hotel is very convenient to the subway station as well as several shopping areas. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We were nervous with all the bad reviews, but we had no problems! No theft in rooms, no car theft. Didn't have to sign some form saying we would get kicked out if we were noisy past ten pm, like past reviewers said we would have to sign. People who worked at the hotel were very nice. Location was FANTASTIC!! Rooms were perfectly fine...Modern...nothing fancy but I have seen worse thats for sure. Beds were so comfy...slept well! Had a great time..Oh yes, free internet would have been nice...we just went down to the Starbucks to not have to pay the crazy 15 dollars a day they want!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear leela20_999,

Thank you for taking to time to post a review about your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Toronto. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and that our team was able to assist you. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next trip to Toronto.

Warmly,
Customer Service
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Last year I stayed at the Marriott on Yonge Street and was not happy. This Hyatt is the complete opposite. Terrific location, very modern clean and up-to-date. In walking distance to baseball, hockey stadiums and convention center. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad we were able to create a wonderful atmosphere for your experience. Our hotel is close to many great attractions in the area, as you have pointed out. We greatly appreciate you recommending our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kitchener, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed for one night as we were in town for a concert. The room was modern in decor and the bed was large and comfortable. We had a nice view of the CN tower and the hotel in general is very nice. Parking is a rip off for $25...the tv channels were fuzzy but there was an ipod dock in the room which was a nice touch. Overall our stay was pleasant UNTIL the very end. As we were leaving our room and heading towards the elevator (on the way to check out), I dropped my wallet and coins went everywhere. A housekeeping staff that was in the hallway "helped" me pick the money, only for me to see her slip a toonie in her pocket. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, especially since I assumed she would be cleaning our room so I didn't say anything. A few hours after we left the hotel I realized that I left both my watch and diamond necklace in the hotel...I phoned right away and was transferred to "lost and found"...I would hope that if my diamond necklace was found that it would be locked up and not put in a "lost and found" bin....anyways after I finally got to talk to someone he told me he would check to see if anything had been turned in...I was on hold for MAYBE 30 seconds and then I was told nothing was turned in. I asked him to check the room and he said that wasn't possible. I have phoned back everyday since our stay making sure nothing has shown up and last time I was told "not to call back and if they find anything that they will call ME"....how rude! This is not only an expensive necklace, but a sentimental one....either housekeeping found my valuables and kept them (I hate to draw that conclusion but considering she pocketed my money when I dropped it, it doesn't seem that far off) or the guests after me kept it....either way the Hyatt was LESS that accomodating to try and help me out.....never again...

Room Tip: Don't stay here