“Good Concept disappointing Tour” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shop-Dine-Tour Yellow Bus Toronto

Shop-Dine-Tour Yellow Bus Toronto
Dundas Square | Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a hop on-hop off bus and boat tour of Toronto city centre. It's a yellow bus, not the red bus tour.
Sydney, Australia
60 attraction reviews
“Good Concept disappointing Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We thought this would be a great way to see all the sites of Toronto and get dropped of Right outside those we wanted to visit. Whilst the tour was good to show us the layout and point out different points of interest it was a bit disappointing in 2 areas. Firstly, 2 of the busses we caught during the day had faulty PA systems which meant that you could not hear much if anything of what was being said. When I raised this as an issues I got a shrug and ' it sometimes happens - its the rough roads' - really not what I wanted after paying to hear the commentary. Secondly, the drop off points for some of the attractions is a bit of a walk with no clear directions given when disembarking, just a - follow the map. Certainly would not pay to do it again, would buy a train, bus, tramcar all day pass instead and do it myself.

Visited July 2012

Toronto
4 attraction reviews
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I just got off the yellow bus, accompanying friends from overseas. I've been living in Toronto for 10 years and until now I always organized my own tours and took my visiting friends through the city. This time I thought it would be easier and better to take an organized tour. Besides the fact that it shows only a very small number of attractions and misses many important ones, the guides are also not very well prepared and say things that are completely untrue. For example, one guide was comparing the length of Yonge street with the distance between Toronto and Orlando, Florida, saying Yonge street is 1896 km and TO to Orlando is 1,200 km!!! They only mentioned Kensington market, no visiting of China town on Spadina, no Little Italy, many, many landmarks missing from this tour. The only good thing is that the tour is valid for 7 days and you can come back to "fill in the gaps" by yourself. Very disappointed?

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Good concept - not great execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our Bed and Breakfast suggested we take a bus tour of the city to get a feel for everything and then use the hop on and off feature to spend time at sights that interested us. I paid by credit card and they added a $3 convenience fee to the price of the tickets. They claimed everyone charged this fee but when I'm paying at their kiosk, I find this disturbing. We stopped at Casa Loma and were told the busses return every 40 minutes. When waited an additional 30 minutes for a bus. The competition must have more busses because two came through to drop off/pick up and we were still waiting. One narrator was excellent but either the sound system or the other narrator was not good and sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. If I had to do it again, I would try a different company.

Visited June 2011