One week trip to Toronto with wife and two boys. I searched all over for hotels within in reasonable distance to downtown. Read many reviews, checked out on map then followed up 3-4 finalists with phone calls to front desk to ask specific questions.
Other properties with very good reviews- many times the person answering the phone was not clear in their answers or did not seem to take my questions seriously.
Maria at Homewood Suites at front desk answered my call ( must have been late in evening East Coast time) replied with very clear answers in a friendly manner.
The other reason I chose this hotel in addition to the rate, review, location and phone call was the one bedroom suites have a door which closes making the bedroom comepletely separate from the living room. Parents can have privacy while kids sleep in sofa bed in living room!
Details on the hotel where we stayed 5 nights-
* Close to airport- within 10 minute drive. We got rental car-but they have van which shuttles people back and forth to airport
* Clean room- like brand new. Clean bedding , bathroom, kitchen...
* Hot breakfast- eggs, meat, toast... good coffee-more than enough to eat
* Pool- if you have kids- they will love it
* Free Parking- in Toronto, many places charge $20-$40/day alone for parking
* Easy commute to Downtown- if you travel in the off-peak times we were near the CN Tower from hotel within 30 minutes
* Friendly/helpful staff- every person we came in contact with went out of their way to help us
* On Site Laundry- if you need to wash your clothes, or want to pack light, they have dedicated coin-laundry. Another family had a whole bottle of detergent they shared with us- which they picked up at Walmart within 10 minute drive.
* Excellent for families- treated your children like they were really welcome, not like some hotels which merely tolerate kids
An example of the great service was Maria in the breakfast area. She went around to all the tables greeting people- giving special attention to familes with children. Our 10 year son has milk allergy so not able to have cheese or butter so needed to have plain eggs.
She went to kitchen so my son could have eggs without any milk products.
Another day a new immigrant mom with a two year girl did not realize the breakfast was over at 9am. Maria in the breakfast area tried her best to find out what the little girl would be willing to eat, even though was past the time and the little girl had never eaten our N American breakfast items. It made you feel like you were eating at Auntie's house for breakfast!
I have stayed in many so-called 5 star hotels for business- but never seen such well-trained, helpful and caring staff across the board.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Toronto Airport Corporate Centre. This upscale residential style hotel is ideally located on the border of Toronto and Mississauga, minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport. We've perfected the extended stay hotel experience by combining all the comforts of home with our passion for making our guest feel welcome. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in satisfying your needs. Come and Make Yourself at Home® and enjoy our:~Complimentary Suite Start® Hot Breakfast~Complimentary Welcome Home Dinner Reception, Mon - Thurs Evenings~Spacious Suites with Kitchenettes~Mini-Putt, 24 Hour Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool~Executive Centre, Suite Shop and BBQ~Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access~Complimentary Airport Transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre Hotel Toronto