“Best staff of any concert venue in Toronto” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #356 of 614 things to do in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Best staff of any concert venue in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I cannott commend the staff of the Sound Academy enough. Even if you get drunk and need assistance (like my friend did at the imagine dragons concert) these guys are excellent!
The two bartenders that were serving us kept asking if we were okay, giving us water after we had to much to drink and told us, go get some fries from the food place so that we'd be okay.
They were super nice and friendly and that's unusual for a concert venue in toronto. It's nothing like going to the koolhause or the phoenix.
it's hard to get to, but worth the trip.
THANKS GUYS!

Visited February 2013

Albion, New York
17 attraction reviews
“Great sound quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The sound is great, view of the city is amazing only down fall is parking and leaving from such a small street is difficult. Best advice park down the street and walk in the end it will work out much better!

Toronto, Canada
“great venue, but not the most convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've been to this venue many times - for raves, club nights, and many concerts. Overall, I really like it a lot. It's very big and has great sound. Sometimes the venue gets sectioned off to create separate rooms with different music, and it's pretty great how well the curtains can hide the sound from the other room. Coat check is well priced and pretty efficient - sometimes it's actually free! The drink prices are as expected and comparable to other venues. The downside to this place is that tickets/admission can be a little bit pricy on occasion and also the location is not the most convenient. It's pretty far South and you need to either cab or bus from Union station. I prefer venues which are accessible by subway without extra travel. That said, a cab from Union is only about $10-13 and the bus is a fairly short ride. With the construction an Union right now, I'd recommend the cab. Regardless, the location has never stopped me from going there if there's an event I'm excited about. For a regular night, though, I'd choose somewhere with a more convenient location.

Visited November 2012
Aurora, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“always fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Mostly live band entertainment, typical stand up bar, very little or no seating so be prepared to mingle while you are there.It is extremely loud and the beverage selction is very limited, just the basics. So be prepared for a casual, fun time. Parking, expensive.

Visited October 2012
87 attraction reviews
“It has its ups and downs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I have attended many concerts at this venue with varied experiences. Most of the time we are there compliments of Q107. It is very easy to obtain free tickets to Q107 sponsored events. I find the sound system to be way too loud so I always bring ear plugs with me. Also, the food is outrageously priced so I suggest eating beforehand. Also, there is often a washroom attendant. If you wish to dry your hands with a papertowel you have no choice but to take one from her. I feel guilted into tipping her which I resent because the washrooms are so broken down and disgusting.

Depending on how many tickets are "sold" and the anticipated crowd, there may be seating on the main floor. Get there early if you want to sit.

One time we did have quite an annoying experience. We lined up very early for Paul Simon knowing the place would be packed. As we stood for hours we watched many, many friends of the management and VIP's sail past us and into the concert ahead of the "nobody's". I know it happens everywhere but it is particularly noticeable at a small venue like this one.

Visited July 2012