“Romantic Weekend in Toronto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

You added Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #32 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Alliston, Canada
“Romantic Weekend in Toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I were spending a weekend in Toronto to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel was great because it was located centrally to everything we were doing. It was a short walk to great restaurants or a short ride on the TTC to get to St. Lawrence market and the exhibition place.
The staff were all extremely friendly and went out of their way to say hello and ask how our stay was going.
Our room was amazing. We looked over the CN tower. Our room has a separate sleeping area with a king size bed and flat screen TV. The living room was very large. There was a hallway to the huge bathroom that included a jacuzzi tub, corner shower and double sink vanity. Everything was very clean.
The hotel pool was also very clean and nice.
The hallways are very long and you feel like you are in a maze when walking to your room!
Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Glace Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in may and loved this hotel When we checked in we were provided with excellent service We had a room overlooking the ball field and my husband thought it was great We will be staying at this hotel again on our next trip it was close to everything great location and the staff was wonderful I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our stay at the Renaissance was the Best ever! From the very helpful and welcoming bellmen, the sweet desk clerk that checked us in and answered all our questions, to the clean, spacious and cool air conditioned room that overlooked the stadium, was a wonderful experience for my husband and I. (we watched the Canadian football game) The dining area and room service/food was great too. We enjoyed taking a bus tour of the city and although it was a very warm 3 days, we so enjoyed it all and would definitely go back another time to see a Blue Jay game with family and get a room that overlooks the stadium once again. Thank you to everyone at the Renaissance for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
All Over
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location downtown with lots of places to walk to. When I was there the weather wasn't so great and the Blue Jays were playing an away game. I did enjoy having a nice size room overlooking the field which I heard were extremely expensive in season when they are playing at home. The one thing I did not like about this hotel is that the rooms are in dire need of attention. Dirty carpets, walls need painting, old bath fixtures and just needs refurbished. The lobby is very nice as was room service and the lobby restaurant and bar which has an awesome view of the field too.

I wouldn't stay here again because it's too old - even for the rooms overlooking the field. There are much better hotels in Toronto where I can stay for less than $285/night that look much better than this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It started with the checkin where the desk clerk could not tell me what package I had with the hotel. No assistance with bags from the car to the desk. The carpets are old and the walk to the rooms unacceptable. No assistance offered with baggage. Room had nice view of railway lines. Towels old and ropey, carpets stained and we experienced "bites" from bugs during our sleep. Maintenance was called and had to repair the TV and the air conditioning unit and completed the job at 23:30. To late to watch any movie as was intended. I believe I have stayed in lesser known hotels than Renaissance and have had 100% better experience. My credit card was accessed during the night without any pre warning to increase the limit blocked as room service had been ordered. Met with the manager who showed little real interest in my observations. The only plus was the breakfast, although expensive was really good with a very attentive waitress.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear NickateDoha,
Thank you for your submission. I am sorry that your stay did not measure up to your expectations. That is never our wish. The particuars noted in your verbatim are taken very seriously and require immediate investigation upon reporting. I have not received any report to this effect.
Please send your contact information to fo@renaissancetoronto.com. We wish to follow up on your claims.
Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was a great hotel in terms of convenience, but aside from that it was nothing special. I would rather stay at the Marriott or delta. Cheaper, and wayyyyy better beds (these were comfy, but old. Very "springy" and moved a lot when I moved around). Also the room was super humid, and the valet parking guy was literally standing around doing nothing until I approached him, both when I checked in and checked out. Way to do your job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I got a 3 night stay through Priceline and little did I know what I was getting into. Upon arrival to hotel, staff was friendly and welcoming however the rooms are not 4* rated. They are very outdated and in dire need of renovation. The carpets throughout are old and dingy so much so that as I got to the hotel, my nose plugged up completely. My family and I felt quite suffocated as if we were living in a basement due to the low ceilings. I must admit that I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as it shall be rated as a 2-3* hotel. The windows and tub needed cleaning. If I paid $100/night I would have not got too picky or offended. The only good thing they got going on is that some of the rooms face the Rogers arena and the centric location. I feel that this hotel has great staff but poor management as they are falling behind other competitors for much better quality and same price. I felt robbed!!

• Stayed July 2013
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Renato A,
Thank you for your review. We value all guest feedback and feel badly that your stay did not measure up to your expectations. We do work diligently to improve upon and maintain the hotel. Some areas/rooms require more attention than others.
I am pleased to report that we will be renovating areas throughout the hotel and guestrooms towards the end of the year. I hope that you will consider returning, to give us another chance to show you that we are capable of providing a comfortable stay, with great service.
When it comes to service and location, I would have to agree with you. We have an excellent team taking care of our guests and we have the primary location for leisure travellers.
Thank you again for your comments.
Andrea Copeland

Been to Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!