“decent 4* hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 10%
Ranked #32 of 141 hotels in Toronto
“decent 4* hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel doesn't have a tonne of character or charm (it's a hotel in a stadium) but it's a legit 4*. Our room was unexpectedly large - pretty sure it must have been an upgrade. The odd thing about the hotel (not a problem, just unusual) is that the hallways are crazy long and zig and zag a lot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I expected the hotel to be above average given its location in Toronto. Although clean, it seemed very dated for me. The rooms were large but they need to be modernized. Staff was pleasant and helpful at check-in. Valet was convenient. Nothing "wrong" with hotel but definitely nothing special. Obviously great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Northern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is by far my favourite downtown Toronto place to stay...the staff are more than accomodating and the hotel is well kept with many spacious rooms and suites....It must be a great place to work as over the past 8 years the staff has more less remained the same....and in this day and age, there seems to be much staff turnover..but not here....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had two excellent recent experiences at the Renaissance downtown. A business lunch on January 31st and family reunion dinner on February 4th. I also stayed overnight at the hotel Feb 4-5th. with breakfast on the 5th. I had first class service from the moment I walked through the door. Valet parking and check in on the 4th was fast and efficient. The three meals all very different but excellent value. Service from the check-in, the waiters and the overall cheerfulness of all the staff was a pleasure. My room was perfect, warm, clean and tidy. Internet service fast and reliable. My check out was similarly efficient and timely valet service for my car with a smile. THANK you and I look forward to a return visit during the baseball season.

Room Tip: I had room on the north side and had no complaints, but during the baseball season I will book a sta...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Toronto Renaissance for our anniversary and to attend a concert at the ACC. We were very disappointed with the hotel. We were found the decor and furnishings very tired and lacking appeal. The bathroom was dirty, outdated, even the round/worn tap knobs were a challenge to operate. The HVAC was noisy and could not be regulated. Even the coffee cups were paper rather than ceramic or glass. The vending machines were not working properly and amenities were far less than convenient. Access to the Internet also required a call to learn as a Rewards member, how we have to first accept a usage fee to be later reversed; how unnecessarily complicated. I would neither recommend to others or stay there again until it's updated or improved. The staff were pleasant but seemed disengaged and didn't offer information until they were asked. Overall this was very disappointing I'm sorry to say and not what I wold expect from a Marriott.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a nicer room, I'd hate to have seen a standard room! The bed was nice as we...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear MaxFubar,
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. I apologize that your stay did not measure up to your expectations. That is never our intention. I have relayed your comments to the appropriate department heads for investigation and follow up.
We are anticipating changes in the decor and design to come, and hope that you will try us again in the future. We are conveniently located near to the ACC.
Best Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Bancroft, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We came in to Toronto on the train the morning of the February 8th 2013 blizzard. We were able to get almost all of the way to this hotel out of the weather by taking the Skywalk. Although we were arriving at 11 AM we were able to check into our rooms without delay. This hotel is nicely located to the all of the major attractions in downtown Toronto, the CN Tower, Toronto Convention Centre and the Entertainment district are all within steps of hotel door and The Rogers Centre (Skydome) is actually attached to the hotel with some rooms giving views of the playing surface. Reasonably priced for Toronto as well.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We booked this via Hotwire so I didn't know what hotel I had until I had paid. Wasn't sure what to expect when I saw it was attached to the Rogers Centre, but it was in an excellent location for an event we were attending. And then was completely and utterly pleased and surprised by how good the hotel was, the staff was exceptional, when I called to make sure we could get a king, we were upgraded to a large room with living room area and full jacuzzi; had pre ordered wine and cheese to be in room on arrival and hospitality staff called up to make sure we were happy with the selection. Room was clean, bar overlooking the stadium was cool. Everyone we encountered was professional and pleasant. Really great stay, highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!