“Warm Welcome on a Snowy Day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 10%
Ranked #32 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Bancroft, Canada
“Warm Welcome on a Snowy Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We came in to Toronto on the train the morning of the February 8th 2013 blizzard. We were able to get almost all of the way to this hotel out of the weather by taking the Skywalk. Although we were arriving at 11 AM we were able to check into our rooms without delay. This hotel is nicely located to the all of the major attractions in downtown Toronto, the CN Tower, Toronto Convention Centre and the Entertainment district are all within steps of hotel door and The Rogers Centre (Skydome) is actually attached to the hotel with some rooms giving views of the playing surface. Reasonably priced for Toronto as well.

969 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We booked this via Hotwire so I didn't know what hotel I had until I had paid. Wasn't sure what to expect when I saw it was attached to the Rogers Centre, but it was in an excellent location for an event we were attending. And then was completely and utterly pleased and surprised by how good the hotel was, the staff was exceptional, when I called to make sure we could get a king, we were upgraded to a large room with living room area and full jacuzzi; had pre ordered wine and cheese to be in room on arrival and hospitality staff called up to make sure we were happy with the selection. Room was clean, bar overlooking the stadium was cool. Everyone we encountered was professional and pleasant. Really great stay, highly recommend it.

Blacksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Renaissance is a fun hotel, located in the Rogers Arena right next to the sky tower. My room had a view of center field. The rooms are spacious, with two levels. The first level has the bathroom and bed. The second level is a sitting area with desk, sofa, TV and of course the view of the field. The hotel is close to the convention center but is several blocks from good restaurants. It was quite cold when I was there so I stayed in for dinner and was very pleasantly surprised. Both the breakfast and dinner meals I had were excellent. I would definitely return to this hotel when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dunnville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and her friends stayed Thursday night to attend the OLA Conference on Friday. They had an amazing time and loved everything the hotel had to offer. I came to Toronto on Friday, my wife and I stayed overnight at the Renaissance Downtown (we love it there!). The staff are always helpful, the rooms are clean and well appointed. The only thing I would suggest is to pull up out front and check-in, finding out where their parking is, and paying the $20. (I parked in the lot underground, just off Navy Wharf Court, and could only pay to 7am. I thought if I overstayed (who's going to go pay for more parking at 7am?) they'd charge me the maximum daily rate of $15/day. I went down at 8am and there was a $75 ticket!! ($42 if paid in 7 days). This is not the hotels fault, but a lack of reasonable parking in the area.)

Room Tip: The restaurant just off the lobby (Arriba) is fantastic. The breakfast buffet at $18 is worth every...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a weekend to Toronto for our anniversary and checked in late because we got stuck for the night in a Buffalo snow storm. Not only did the Renaissance let us check in (which they didn't have to do, since we were a day late), but they upgraded our room to look over the Blue Jays ball park and sent snacks and hot chocolate! The room was absolutely amazing, and my boyfriend (being a HUGE baseball fan) would have been happy just staring at the park out the window all weekend! The room was extremely clean and had an AMAZING bathroom.

I cannot express enough how helpful and hospitable the Renaissance staff was. I wish there was a higher review than "Excellent." From getting us all checked in and settled, to giving directions and suggesting things to do in the city, we felt like we were at home with family. I travel to Toronto quite often and I have stayed in some really nice hotels, but I can honestly say that after this weekend, I will NEVER stay in a different hotel in Toronto!

Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel was an amazing welcome to Canada, with a great location... Right next to CN Tower, and a few minutes walk from the Union Rail Station. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to an executive suite, very nice, much larger than standard european rooms.

Restaurant/ bar staff were fantastic, a great sense of humour, but also fantastic service, they were also more than obliging in helping us navigate the city of Toronto. Also fantastic views of the Rogers Centre...

Out of the 5 hotels i stayed in in Canada, this one was by far the best for service.

Only two slight grumbles... A nice coffee maker, but no ceramic mugs... just paper ones (good to go style) not very classy for a 5*. Also the decor although well maintained appeared to be slightly dated in the bathroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I brought our 14 year old sons to see a Raptors vs Lakers game in Toronto. We chose to stay at the Renaissance because of the location. We were not disappointed! The location was perfect to take in the game, the CN Tower, and the Hockey Hall of Fame. We even got to see some of the Monster Jam Truck show when we were eating in the restaurant.

The staff were very accommodating. The only criticism was they only allow 1 cot per room no matter how large the room was. And our room was large. They only have double beds or Kings and after the first night, we knew we needed to get those boys on cots. Other than that, the staff went out of their way. Unfortunately, my friend and her son came down with the flu on the last night of our stay. When calling housekeeping, they were very obliging and front desk sent up ginger ale and water. They checked if we needed anything and followed up the next morning to see how we were doing.

Next time we go back to Toronto to see a Raptors game, I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Mosie M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our location puts us in close proximity to several attractions. As you noted, we are a short walk to the Air Canada Centre, and therefore a convenient choice for anyone taking in a Raptors game or a concert. I'm pleased that our team took care of you during your stay. I hope that everyone is on the mend and in good health.
We hope that you will visit us again soon
Best Regards,
Andrea Copeland

Been to Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!