“Unique, classy, this should be your first choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

You added Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J4, Canada (Downtown West)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 139 Hotels in Toronto
Wembley, United Kingdom
“Unique, classy, this should be your first choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the hot cider in the afternoon, to the breathtaking views of the stadium, this property is a real gem.

I was a little concerned when I noticed that my mini-suite was next door to the elevator banks, but due to the design of the room, I never heard a peep. I had a lovely view of the city and amazing rest on the super-comfortable bed each night.

The huge bathroom was top-notch with a separate Jacuzzi tub and powerful shower with plenty of soft towels.

I ate at the restaurant for the first time and had a great view of Canadian footballers during their practice. My burger was superb and the athletes were not bad either.

Customer service was top-notch and despite one small hiccup (which was quickly, and efficiently sorted out by the Duty Manager on checkout), I had a fantastic stay.

Really looking forward to my next trip – they really know the meaning of customer service – they exceeded my expectations and as a solo traveller, this was really appreciated.

Room Tip: Try a city view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Turkish first
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for my birthday and it was very pleasant. I was in Room 287 and the it was massive. We had one king size bed, two sofa beds and a conference table that seated 5-6 people. I got the romance package and they served us champagne and strawberries, complimentary valet and breakfast for two in the morning. Few of my girl friends and I went to the jacuzzi in the morning to relax. It was a fabulous hotel room to have a small gathering of friends and was definitely a night to remember. Only thing I didnt like about the hotel was the asian night manager who was super rude and wrongfully accusing us that we were loud!!! She was extremely unprofessional and cocky! Either than that, it was a great hotel and I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Room 287!! Or high floor with the same concept!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had a room that overlooked the Rogers Centre. It was the most unique view I've had from a hotel room ever. I am definitely going to come back for a game.

There was a minor snafu when I checked in. I didn't think anything of it or say a word, but the manager proactively sent up a note of apology along with a small amenity. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and the bar staff was great. I can't wait to come back when I can actually enjoy the hotel instead of just working all the time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director Of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Jonathan H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stadium view room. It truly is 'the most unique view ever.' I am delighted to hear that our team was able to resolve your concern and exceed your expectations. I have shared your positive feedback with our team.
We hope to see you again soon.
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My friend and I spent a night in the Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel as we wanted to take in the shopping from downtown. The staff were knowledgeable about the surrounding area. We had a floor that we referred to as, 'the party floor." We asked the front desk staff about a noise cut off hour. They assured us that the noise cut off was 10 or 11pm, I can't remember. The room was very comfortable as were the beds. The view of the Roger's Center all set up for a football game was a sight we had never seen before. The pool was very inviting as was the fitness center. The cost of our room included a breakfast which was turned into a food credit. We found that we got alot of food out of the room credit. The restaurant at breakfast was delicious and very fast paced. I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. :)

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the inside of the Roger's Center have a great view. When the lights turn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ssweety_k,
Thank you for your response. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience the view of the football game in Roger's Centre. It truly is unique. I hope that you have an occasion to return again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance downtown Toronto this past weekend and found my stay satisfying. Washroom was extremely spacious, very useful amenities including a mini fridge. We had a view of inside the stadium which I found pretty cool. Its an absolute great location. The only thing I don't like is the cost for internet and local calls. Lets be real who charges for these things in this decade, the wireless doesn't cost the hotel any extra and we all know that local calls should be free. Other than that it was clean and cozy and well priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, On
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on wednesday October 17, 2012 and wouldn't stay there again. I used Priceline.com and bid on a hotel and this is the hotel they gave me. I paid $140 a night for this room, unfortunately the front desk gentleman who checked me in put me on a floor that had a function on it and the room was right beside the elevator. He did tell me I had a city view which was a laugh as I was on the 2nd floor.I could hear the elevator all night long and the floor was noisey with the function. I complained to the front desk about it but they did nothing about it as I was on my way out the door for the 2nd Annual BRA Day that I was attending.
My bathroom wasn't cleaned very well. When I went to use the bathroom there were a few long black hairs on the toilet seat. I have short reddish blonde hair so I knew it wasn't mine.
The parking of your car to check into the hotel was always so crowded I had a hard time finding room to park my car.
The only thing good I can say about this hotel is the Aveida products they have in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Make sure when the reservation is made ask for a floor where no functions are being held and far awa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Tannedandtwisted,
Please accept my apology on behalf of the hotel. I understand that your stay fell short of your expectations. As that is never our intention, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you.
Please email your contact details to fo@renaissancetoronto.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Shetland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I satyed at this hotel at the end of a business trip for a couple of days sight seeing. The hotel was comfortable, warm and remarkably quiet, even tough my room overlooked the rail tracks. The food was ecellent, and great value. The hotel was very welcoming, and they even have their own transport to take you to the airport. The staff were delightful, helpful and very thoughtful towards a lone traveller. Handy with all the local attactions and transport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madmamw650,
Thank you for your positive review. I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable night stay and that you had time to enjoy our Arriba restaurant and local attractions. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team.