“Listen up light sleepers!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

You added Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J4, Canada (Downtown West)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #27 of 139 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Listen up light sleepers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you are a light sleeper, be sure to ask for a room AWAY from the railways!

Valet parking is $30 a might and is well worth it! Self parking is $10 cheaper, but a huge pain!

Fresh, clean and comfy beds :)

Bathtub caulking was disgusting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Turkish first
ON, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance for two nights in October, (during the Toronto Marathon weekend). When we checked in we were upgraded to a field view room. What a treat! We were able to watch the police games on Saturday and a football game on Sunday. Our room had a very long hall that opened into our sleeping area. It was nice but the furnishings are starting to get a little worn.

Our friends checked in later in the afternoon and were given the option of waiting for a field view room or taking a room across the hall from ours that was already available. They opted for the room across the hall. It was nice - it was a long room with a sitting area and a sleeping area, (two TVs, fridge). They overlooked the train tracks but did not comment on train noise.

-We had a couple of drinks at Arriba restaurant but didn't get to try any of the food, ($6 sleeman pints while we were there).
-The pool area is clean and well maintained.
-The staff were very friendly and professional.
-You are close to everything. It is a short walk to the restaurants on King Street...and it takes about 30 min to walk to the Distillery District.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Time_to_Relax,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the sights from your stadium view room. It certainly is a unique experience. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope that You and your friends will return for another visit soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here three nights for business. To me, the decor is not all that inviting... sort of a muted jester look of contemporary shapes and bold, rich colors. Okay, but it ages quickly and it showed. I was in a room on a low floor facing north, overlooking the walkway (away from the stadium) and the train tracks. Although there was always something to watch out the window, it felt like a display case. Not so good. The room itself was fine, spacious and well appointed with an in-room safe and a good WiFi signal with no accessibility issues. A big plus. I did not eat there, opting for Starbucks (naturally). The area seemed very safe, even when I needed to walk home alone after an event at Air Canada Centre. I would stay here again, but request a different room location.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing the stadium or south (pretty much the same thing.)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear SAEMom25,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is true. We have a variety of room types, and in different locations. If you have the occasion to return for a visit, we would be pleased to assign a room that will meet all of your needs.
We appreciate your time.
Regards.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were a group of ladies who were upgraded to 2 king suites so that we could use the adjoining rooms for an evening of cocktails and chit chat. Everything was perfect, we requested wine glasses in the room and they were set up for us when we arrived. The rooms were spacious and extremely clean. Would recommend to anyone who wants to stay downtown Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Dancer14,
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the suites assigned worked perfectly for your ladies night out. Thank you for your positive comments. We hope that you will return again to celebrate another occasion in the future.
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently purchased tickets to a Toronto Blue Jays game and followed up with a hotel search. This hotel cannot get closer to the action. It is attached directly to the stadium. My husband and son watched some of the afternoon game from the hotel restaurant which has windows facing in toward the stadium, and later attended the night game. Meanwhile, my daughter and I explored the city of Toronto. From this hotel we were able to bus / subway / tram our way to whatever interested us... we went shopping, dining and took in a movie. Althought this hotel may be pricey for some budgets, it's location is well worth it.

Room Tip: The hotel parking lot is $18 per day, but again, given the alternatives due to the heart of downtown...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dominionite,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your positive experience. We are so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed the stadium view and the attractions in the local area. There certainly is plenty to do in the neighborhood. It sounds like you were able to take full advantage.
Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will return again soon for another family adventure.
Regards.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here as part of a group booking for a conference for work that I was running and in charge of. I thought it would be fun to stay in a hotel attached to such an iconic building like the Rogers Centre.

Upon check-in, I asked for a quiet room as I would be working long days and would be going back just to sleep. The front desk staff denied my request and insisted that I wouldn't hear a thing. I asked her if my room was facing the train tracks and she assured me that being on the 8th floor, I wouldn't the trains but if I did have a problem, to call them later and they would see what they could do. Now, I checked in before 8 am and didn't return to my room until 11 pm. I COULD NOT SLEEP. The sound of the engines was so loud that not only did I have trouble falling asleep, they woke up me a lot earlier than I wanted to be.

What bothered me was that I specifically asked for a room facing the stadium since I knew nothing was going on there and it would be quiet. Was I supposed to call front desk and get someone new who knew nothing about my previous conversation and have them help me lug all of my things to a new room at almost midnight?

And all these reviews talk about how lovely the rooms are. Maybe the ones facing the stadium are but I found my room lacking in any sort of design thought, the bathroom was rusty, the toilet didn't flush properly and there was a hole in the wall near the towel rack.

I didn't have time to sit there and explain why I was upset as I was working but I won't be recommending this to my team for overnight stays anytime soon.

Room Tip: No such thing as quiet on the city view side, the trains will be your wake up call.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear G C,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We try our best to accomodate requests and to ensure that all of our guests experience a comfortable night stay. I understand from your feedback that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology on behalf of the hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss a better resolution to your concerns. Please contact me at fo@renaissancetoronto.com.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had business to do in the Rogers Centre over the weekend and the convenience of staying on-site rather than having to hassle with traffic and parking was well worth the expense. I used a coupon from Advantage Events and couldn't be happier. I heard a lot about the rooms being 'dated' but it's not as bad as a thought. More 'neutral' than dated. The rooms was clean but agree that the pillows were uncomfortable. The Keurig in the room was a wonderful touch and we even brought our own 'flavours'! It was so nice to wake up and have coffee first thing in the morning! They had lotion, shampoo and conditioner along with bar soap (what do hotels have against shower gel??) and an iron provided in the closet. The inside closet door had a large floor length mirror which was extremely helpful. There are also drawers in side the closet.

We had dinner at Arriba the restaurant and it was outstanding. My husbands steak was one of the best I've had and I had the linguine pasta with garlic cream sauce which was amaaaazing! Looking down on the field while you eat is cool, even if it is empty. We also had breakfast in the restaurant and went with the buffet and you must MUST try the rosemary potatoes.

I was very pleased with the customer service at this hotel -- everyone was friendly and helpful. I think if you stay more than one night they should make a deal with you on the parking though.

An enjoyable stay!