“Nice & cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Victoria

You added Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hotel Victoria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario M5E 1G5, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #44 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Gatineau, Canada
“Nice & cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

While recently travelling by train to Toronto, I was looking for an affordable accommodation within walking distance of Union Station. My friend & I were more than happy to find a nice cozy room with a fresh and modern look. We had 2 queen beds plus wifi included in the price.
The staff was extremely helpful and courteous as well. Next time I'm in the area, I'll definitely look it up again.

Though breakfast is not included, there is an adjoining restaurant called Over Easy which is open for breakfast and lunch (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Prices are reasonable and the menu is very varied. We had breakfast there and had excellent service.

Room Tip: There is no parking facilites at this hotel but I'm sure you can find something close by. There...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Helene T

Our locations is so ideal, only a 5 min walk from Union station, makes getting to your hotel after traveling trouble free. I am glad you found your room "nice and cozy" we are recently renovated and have had many positive comments from our guests. Wifi is so important in our day to day lives ans it is a bonus when it is complimentary.

Just to let you know we do offer a breakfast included rate, ask for this rate when you make your next booking. It is good to see that the Restaurant menu and prices were reasonable. We look forward to seeing you again soon, if you are coming to Toronto for an event, show your tickets and save on your next booking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Grand Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The location is perfect! It is centrally located downtown and within walking distance to all major attractions. We walked to the CN tower, St. Lawrence Market, Hockey Hall of Fame, Rogers Centre and Air Canada Centre. Each place was not too far and easy to get to. The only downside was the room.size and no parking onsite. We had a queen bed/regular room which had no refrigerator. The bed.was incredibly comfortable and very modern which was really nice and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this for an over night stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi kwnike13

So true, our location is perfect! It is centrally located downtown and within walking distance to all major attractions. We walked to the CN tower, St. Lawrence Market, Hockey Hall of Fame, Rogers Centre and Air Canada Centre. Many of these attractions are within walking distance and easy to get to. Just to let you know we do offer larger rooms, business Queen as well as Deluxe King which have fridges. As our Hotel is an Historic hotel operating since 1909, parking onsite is not available. and no parking onsite. We had a queen bed/regular room which had no refrigerator. Very happy to read that you found the bed incredibly comfortable and very modern. We really look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed for two nights to attend the Muse concert at the Air Canada Center. It was a last minute reservation and I hadn't been in Toronto for years, so I went quickly through some reviews online to find a good spot downtown. The hotel is at very short walking distance of the subway, Union train & bus station, many restaurants and cafes, Eaton Station (10 min), CN tower... But most of all, it offers you this quick access to all the attractions without the boredom of a chain hotel. The lobby itself is quite beautiful, and the room we booked was cool-looking and very clean. We both agreed it was the most confortable bed we ever slept in! The only downside for me was the Wi-Fi connection: while it was free, it was very (very!) slow, and we were located on the third floor. Also, Yonge St. does get noisy even late a night, but nothing earplugs can't deal with.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hi FannylaChipie

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay at the Hotel Victoria.

We are ideally located for events being held at the Air Canada Centre. Only a 10 min walk. It is great that other travelers reviews led you to us.

We are very proud of our lobby and agree it is quite beautiful, Our rooms are recently renovated and our housekeeping team take great pride in keeping them very clean. That is great to read that you both agreed it was the most comfortable bed we ever slept in! I am sorry that the WIFI was not to your satisfaction, I am happy to let you know that we have just recently upgraded our WIFI system to combat the issues mentioned. Next time you are in Toronto for an event, show your event ticket and recieve a discount off your stay. Looking forward to seeing you gain soon.
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was given a night's stay as a birthday present, to make a night of it when going to a concert at the ACC- (south west 400 metres to nearest entrance). I had a change of clothes and toiletries in my husband's rucksack, and no purse with me- not practical when going to a concert and walking from the car park in the pouring rain. The evening attendant on the front desk took one look at me and obviously jumped to conclusions about me, flicking his finger at me and referring to me as 'her', twice to my husband, who thought it was funny but didn't want me to complain. We were in room 701 which is L shaped and faces onto Yonge, a noisy road at the best of times, but probably worse just now with the roadworks. The bed is tucked behind the lift shaft, and there is 18 inches between the bed and the lift, which was in constant use over the eight floors, and woke me at 5.20am. Ask for a room at the back if you are a light sleeper or have business to do the next day. The room was clean and housekeeping staff polite and friendly next morning. We had the English breakfast, the tea and coffee comes in large flasks so you are not waiting on refills and we had large platefuls that meant we didn't need anything else at lunchtime, $30 inc. tip at Over Easy which is accessible from inside the hotel and we didn't need to step out in the heavy rain. The Irish Embassy pub served great food late after the concert and is directly opposite the hotel on Yonge- again a relief in the heavy rain. Parking at the municiple multi-storey on Church and Esplanade intersection was $14 for 24 hrs, and was one block away, about 600 metres south east of hotel.

Room Tip: rooms ending in 01(we were in 701, a King bed) are wrapped around the lift shaft (vibration) and fac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 485amanda

Thank you for providing such an in depth review of your recent stay with us.

I am concerned about your comments regarding the the evening attendant on the Front Desk. I would be interested in speaking with you so that I could have more information about the Front Desk agent "taking one look at you and obviously jumped to conclusions about me, flicking his finger at me and referring to me as 'her', twice to my husband.

I am sorry that your room 701 was not what you had hoped. I am sorry that the noise from the elevator woke you up so early.
I will happily pass along your comments to our Housekeeping team about the cleanliness of your room, their friendliness and politeness.

Due to the Historic nature and age of the Hotel, onsite parking is not possible at this time. I assure you that the parking lot we direct our guests to is the closest and the most cost effective. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

No issues... Rooms are a little small however they are clean and beds comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent with easy access to the subway and downtown amenities. No noise issues in our rooms as noted by others I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi Robball_10

Thank you for your review., concise and to the point. We do offer larger deluxe rooms, please inquire on your next stay. Glad you found the room cleanliness to your satisfaction, I shall pass along your comments to our housekeeping staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second stay at this location. It was a great stay. Very quiet which I would not expect from a hotel on Yonge Street. Location is great and walking distance to many great places. Room was very clean and well maintained over our 3 day stay. Comfortable rooms and beds. Wifi available in rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Nikki J

Thank you for choosing Hotel Victoria once again and many thanks for sharing your experience through Trip Advisor. It;s good to hear that you didn't find your room noisy. I shall pass along your comments regarding the room being clean and well maintained. The free WIFI in the rooms is certainly a great feature. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The location of this hotel was absolutely perfect! I've read in the reviews that it was loud from the street, but absolutely not. Just keep your window closed!

The front desk did ignore us a few times while being on the phone - perhaps they can brush up on their skills a bit, but the room was BEAUTIFUL and so comfortable!

Room Tip: The double rooms are larger (obviously) - but not much more in price!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dar Ardnas 87

Very happy that you found the location of the Hotel Victoria absolutely perfect!
Glad that you didn't find the room facing Yonge Street Noisy.

It is disappointing to me that the front desk ignored you a few times while being on the phone - I can assure you that that the Front Desk team have been given a friendly reminder of making sure they acknowledge guests even when they are on the phone. I am glad that your overall experience was positive. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!