“Excellent first stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Victoria

You added Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hotel Victoria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario M5E 1G5, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #45 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ajax, Canada
“Excellent first stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

It was my first time staying at this charming hotel and I chose this place based on recommendation from a colleague. The location was very accessible to everything downtown, the room was beautiful with extremely comfortable beds and gorgeous hardwood floors, the staff (Peter & Tanjin at the Front Desk and Estrella from Housekeeping) were beyond professional and helpful - I couldn't have asked for better stay and look forward to staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Thuong L

We are thrilled that you had a recommendation from a friend, we are even happier that you believe in the recommendation. We are so glad that you liked the guest room linens and new floors. It always nice when staff are mentioned by name, i shall pass along your regards to Estrella, Peter and Tanjin. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Victoria for four nights earlier this week and I was more than pleased. My room was small (a standard) but the decoration was very chic and the place was spotless. As a single traveler I really didn't need a big room that I wasn't going to be in most of the time. And the price is definitely right! The bed was comfortable and the floor was totally quiet for sleeping, I had a flat screen TV and free wifi. The hotel also has a small restaurant for breakfast and lunch--very convenient. Staff was very friendly, right from the front desk to room service staff.

The location is wonderful and you can walk to many places: the harbor, business district, St. Lawrence Market, Old Town. Many restaurant options are nearby and the subway is about a block away, where you can also connect with crosstown buses and trolleys.

I plan to go back to Toronto again and now I don't have to worry about where I am going to stay: the Hotel Victoria!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hi Jane T

We are happy to read that you were more than pleased with your stay. We pay special attention to making sure that the entire hotel is spotless. I love reading when our staff are mentioned in these reviews. Our staff strives to make every stay the greatest ever. We are in such an amazing location, from local attractions and all the major transportation links. We are thrilled that you will choose us again for your next stay to Toronto. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed in the renovated rooms (asked for them specifically on booking) and they were fabulous. Our rooms were richly appointed with excellent quality linens and other furnishings. Apple TV was available, as well as wireless internet service (free). The lobby is gorgeous, and the staff friendly and helpful. We noted that housekeeping was meticulous and everything, from rooms to common areas were clean and tidy. You cannot beat the location of this hotel on Younge Street. You are within walking distance to CN Tower, many fine restaurants, and trolleys that will take you to many great points of interest. The downstairs restaurant is also pretty good - food is great (especially for breakfast), and prices are reasonable, although service was so-so. Value for money is spot-on here, and we would definitely recommend. We shall return!

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms when booking. The hotel staff is also quite good about accommodating sp...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in early April 2012. The hotel is in a great location on Yonge St., near many attractions and restaurants. We walked everywhere from here: markets, Toronto Island boats, CN Tower, waterfront. Our 8th floor room was smallish, but very nice and clean. Bathroom was a decent size and bright and cheery. Not many perks though: no bathrobes, special soaps, etc. One small complaint is that the hardwood floor is extremely sqeaky and really needs attention. The front desk staff were helpful and accommodating, and happy to answer questions. The price is right for a city location! We ate breakfast at the restaurant on site and enjoyed it a lot.
Oh, the parking situation is a little tricky. There seemed to be 2 options: a nearby garage that is very pricey or park and take a 10-minute walk back to the hotel. It was rough because we were very tired. Please be aware there is no valet service or curbside assistance getting luggage in or out. You are on your own.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Savvyduo

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our linens, furnishings and lobby. Our location is second to none, we could not ask for a better location. We do offer bathrobes and special soaps in our upgraded rooms. On your next visit contact me and I shall ensure you get an upgraded room. I am currently negotiating a lower rate at the parking garage across from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night and we would definitely stay again! The room was spotless and included things that are normally not included: free wifi and free netflix via an apple TV. The beds were comfy and had an assortment of hard or soft pillows.

You can't ask a better location as its only minutes away from a lot of great restaurants and transit right on Yonge street.

We booked the room via the apple iphone application 'hotel tonight' and saved $25 on the one night stay.

I look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Yonge street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I visited Toronto for the first time this past April and spent two nights at the Hotel Victoria. The location was perfect – walkable from the courtesy Porter shuttle, near public transit (King Street subway about a block away) and in an area that felt safe enough for me – a single female traveler – to wander around morning, noon, and night. Toronto itself is very easy to navigate, and I found myself not even consulting a map to get around.

My arrival was about an hour before check-in, but the front desk staff were very accommodating and were able to offer me a room right away. The room was perfect for me – efficient layout with all of the essentials. Some guests might want more space, but I found it to be comfortable and just right. The bathroom was super clean, and the fixtures were very new and sleek. The only negative was that the wallpaper which was peeling in a few places.

All of my interactions with the front desk staff were pleasant. Each person was knowledgeable and eager to help, especially with the printing of boarding passes – a little thing that makes a big difference.

In addition to the subway being so close, the Hockey Hall of Fame was just a few minutes away, and there were several restaurants close by. I enjoyed the Richtree Market on Yonge Street (otherwise known as Marché) and Over Easy, adjacent to the hotel. [Big thanks to the folks at Over Easy for keeping the bag I accidentally left behind safe and sound for me!]

I enjoyed my short stay in Toronto, and I would definitely return and stay at Hotel Victoria again.

Room Tip: My room did not face the street ad was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hi Kukk_Fam

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the candid reviews and your experiences that are shared with the world. I agree our location is second to none. Great to see the Hotel Tonight app being used, glad you liked it and the savings. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Spent 1 nite in this hotel, and would certainly stay again! Very pleasant, accommodating staff. Felt safe in TO area, after walking from Theatre a couple of blocks West of this Hotel around 10pm.
Small room with single beds, but bright and clean. Decent price for good city location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Hi BurlingtonMitch. Many thanks for taking the time to offer a review of the Hotel Victoria. I am pleased that you found our staff to be accommodating. We are ideally located for the Theater and yes, we are in a very safe location. On your next visit, ask for a larger room, I am sure we can arrange that! I am sure it will be just as clean and bright. Looking forward to your next visit.

Been to Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!