“Canadian Thanks Giving” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Yorkville

You added InterContinental Toronto Yorkville to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1W2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #23 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Canadian Thanks Giving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Having started at Niagara Falls which was amazing, we moved on for a few days in Toronto. The hotel was great and we were not disappointed with our room with the hotel welcoming my wife with some free gifts for her birthday weekend, which was a nice touch. Although on one of the main roads we were given a front facing room with a great view of the CN Tower and had no issues with traffic noise at all. The room was large and well equipped with loads of room for all our stuff. We had cocktails in the bar which had a great atmosphere and all the staff were really helpful.
Plenty to see and do and we found our hotel ideally situated for exploring!

Room Tip: Quiet garden rooms at the rear or great views of the CN Tower to the front, your choice!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Bovski,

Thank you for your review of your experience at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice to celebrate your wife’s Birthday as well as Canadian Thanksgiving. I am so thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your experience at the hotel as well as in Ontario.
Should you find your selves travelling back to the city in the future, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Simon Antoine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Thanks to suggestions here on the TA Forum, we chose to stay at the Yorkville InterContinental, and we were very happy we did. The service was excellent, room was top quality, and location perfect for a quick visit. I'll also add that for a whirlwind trip, doing the hop on-hop off double-decker bus tour (which includes a boat tour) is a great way to get an overview of the city. And there happens to be two bus stops within 2 blocks of the hotel. All in all, a great hotel for a first visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mckmpls,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. I am so pleased that you had an excellent experience with us and that you enjoyed your fist visit to Toronto, it is an amazing city.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next Toronto Getaway.

Damascus, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We spent two nights here. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were huge. We had a shower and a tub in ours. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. they even let us check in early. Parking is convenient right behind the hotel with an elevator that comes up in the front lobby. Two little problems - the sheets were not soft and the faucet in the bathroom was so short your hands bumped against the sink when you washed them.

Room Tip: Wifi is free if you join the IH club as we did.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DAT41099,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be a great place to stay. I truly appreciate your feedback of the bed sheets and faucet in your guest room. I do apologize that we fell short in these two areas of your stay. I assure you that your valuable feedback will be utilized in our continuous efforts to improve our facility.

charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is a great hotel right on Bloor at the edge of Yorkville. It is steps from the best shopping and fantastic restaurants, the subway, University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum and on and on. The concierges were extremely helpful, and the entire staff is very friendly. The rooms are in excellent condition and very spacious. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear SteveBazakas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with and the readers of TripAdvisor. I was extremely happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotels great location and that you would recommend our property to other travelers. I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel the next time you are in Toronto.

Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at this beautiful hotel with helpful staff in a great location. It is true that some features are dated but the ambiance and location more than make up for this. There is a swimming pool and fitness center which though not a full size gym, is adequate for short stay use.
I stayed in one of the executive rooms which had excellent view of Bloor street West. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Diana O,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville as well as for making us your hotel of choice for your recent family getaway to Toronto. I am thrilled that overall you enjoyed your stay and would recommend the hotel to other travelers.

Thank you again for your kind review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in future.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

girls night in Toronto, pulled up and were greeted by valet. they were very helpful, even took our luggage and kept it until our room was ready. a little mislead by the parking, valet is $40 a day, self-park (which is same lot and connects right to hotel) is $18, however when we left cause after 7 am next day we paid $30. our room was very spacious and clean with 2 comfortable queen beds, an extra large bathroom with separate shower and tub, and a minibar. everything a group of 4 women needed. it is a long walk everywhere in Toronto, soon discovered that a taxi was best and reasonable. great stay, would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear tina f,

Thank you for your review of the recent experience at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. Please accept my apologies that you felt mislead by the cost of parking. The Green P parking facilities which are connected to the hotel are not owned or managed by the InterContinental which can on occasion cause confusion. I will ensure that follow up is done with the teams and ensure that this information as well as pricing is thoroughly communicated to guests. I am very happy that over all you enjoyed girl’s night in Toronto and plan to stay with us again in future.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental Toronto Yorkville at the end of July.

My first impression of the hotel and staff was really good. We pulled up and the valet staff immediately took care of us. Unfortunately that was our last good impression. When we checked in, we requested a roll away bed for our daughter. We were told that although they had run out of beds, they were expecting more in the next hour or so, and one would be sent up to our room. The room was quite large and clean. The bedding was very nice. There was a small love seat in the room (which after a lot of miscommunication, our daughter ended up sleeping on).

Around 8pm that evening (now 3 hours after checking in), I called down to the front desk to find out when we would be receiving the roll away bed. I was told we were not getting a bed, and in fact they had never been expecting extra beds. At that point, I did not want to argue and asked if they would send up a pillow, sheets and blanket so that I could make up the sofa as a bed for our daughter. I was told these supplies would arrive in a short while. After 40 minutes, the linens had not yet arrived and I called down again. Without an apology, the person I spoke to, said linens would be sent up. 5 minutes later fresh (almost) linens arrived. The blanket they sent up was extremely dirty and had a horrible smell. Needless to say, we did not use the blanket.

Noise levels were fine - we didn't hear anything; even with the hotel at capacity. I will also say that there were a lot of children in the hotel, and I was very surprised we couldn't hear anything inside our room.

The location is great and suited our purpose of being close to the ACC.

Unfortunately due the miscommunication of staff, and lack of efforts to be friendly and accommodating will cause us to rethink staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear KWMommy,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at the hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class accommodation and customer service. It is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context, please accept my most sincere apologies for this. We take our guest's feedback very seriously and I assure you that follow up will be done with the appropriate management team members to avoid future occurrence of the deficiencies you experienced.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by choosing to stay with us again in future. If in future you choose to try the hotel again please reach out to us at toronto@ihg.com to reserve a room, it would be our pleasure to assist you with the arrangements and ensure you a most comfortable and memorable stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review, I hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in future.

Simon Antoine

Been to InterContinental Toronto Yorkville? Share your experiences!