“Excellent property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Yorkville

You added InterContinental Toronto Yorkville to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1T8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“Excellent property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent location, close to shopping, the ROM and great restaurants. Our room was a deluxe King(611). Large room included a couch and chair, desk and plenty of room. Comfortable bed and deluxe linens. The bathroom was large with a tub and separate shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. This property was good value for the cost. This will be my new Toronto go to hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Turkish first
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Upon arrival to the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville we were already impressed. However, when arriving to our first room that we were assigned, it has an odor that nobody would be able to deal with. We called to the front desk who said that a manager would contact us back. Within about five minutes the manager called us and said that she would be bringing our new keys up for another room. She offered and offered to help us with our bags and we refused (my two bags were heavy). That room should have been checked by the housekeeping supervisor before being offered to a guest.

The concierge was less to be desired. I asked about a sushi place for lunch, they were closed. I ask about airport transportation, was told $70 for a driver to come pick us up. I found online $49, nice SUV, super awesome driver, and even early. He was great. I guess google will be my concierge from now own. However, staff was extremely friendly and professional. At first we were concerned over the smelly room, but being moved to a different one made up for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times the past 2 years as well as it's sister hotel intercontinental on Front street also in Toronto. Although this property is higher priced I find I get more consistent, better service at their other location. I am a platinum member due to my frequent stays. I am consistently upgraded at their other property and they remember to provide the complimenatry 'welcome' fruit and beverages and note from management thanking me for my return patronage. This location in Yorkville, on the other hand, has never provided me with an upgrade and more often than not even forgets to provide the complimentary fruits and beverages. I used to call down to guest services and complain but my last stay when they forgot yet again I didn't bother. Instead, I am traveling to Toronto again and have made reservations at the other location. Too bad because the rooms are nice and the location is good. If you decide to stay here I do recommend asking for a higher floor if you are a light sleeper, on the lower floors you can hear the muffled sounds of the subway running under the hotel.

If they could get their service together this property would rank higher, but for me after cleanliness efficient customer service is next most important in a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear gallou,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very constructive and helpful review. While I was glad to read that you enjoy our property and its amenities, It was extremely disappointing to learn that you do not find our service consistent; it is something we take great pride in and one of our main points of strength that keeps guests coming back to visit! I am so sorry you did not experience this usual standard of customer service.

I would love to further investigate your concern, if you would be inclined to assist and provide further details of your stay and experience to toronto@ihg.com.

Thank you once again for providing your feedback; it is through comments such as yours that we can improve on our shortcomings and maintain our strengths.

Simon Antoine
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

After Thanksgiving at home, my husband, adult daughter and I drove to Toronto for an overnight stay. We wanted to be in Yorkville to be close to shopping, restaurants and ROM. The InterContinental is a 4/5 star hotel in Yorkville with reasonable prices. Rooms were beautiful, well appointed and large. Valet parking was convenient.

The best part of the stay was the helpful staff at the front desk who went above and beyond to help us resolve a reservation dilemma.
When I booked the room - or thought I booked the room several weeks ago - I called the front desk at the hotel. But when I said reservations I was immediately transferred to the national reservation desk which also services Holiday Inn hotels as they are owned by the same parent company.

The person I spoke to had no knowledge of Toronto neighborhoods or properties and I had to repeat that I wanted the Yorkville location. I got two confirmation numbers - one for each room.

The night before the trip I noticed I had no email confirmation but lazily figured I had the confirmation numbers so not a problem Got to the hotel and realized I left the paper at home (really my husband did but I will graciously accept the blame!!)

The front desk clerk diligently searched for our reservation but found nothing. Fortunately rooms were available but at a higher price than I had been quoted. Nonetheless we were eager to start our holiday so we took the rooms which as I said were large and comfortable king rooms with bathrooms that even had separate stall showers and tubs which I love.

I went back to the front desk and spoke to the manager who again tried looking for our reservation through the Holiday Inn system. At this point he wisely pointed out that we did not want to incur any costs for an unused reservation. He found nothing so we figured it had been lost since I had no email confirmation.

The next morning we found a note under our door from the front desk manager. It was NOT the bill!!
He had continued searching and researching on our behalf and in fact found our reservation which had mistakenly been made by the national desk at the Holiday Inn a block away on Bloor Street hence the lower cost of the rooms. He made sure we would not be charged for those rooms.

This was really above and beyond and we are truly grateful for this staff who are diligent and customer focused.

I can promise - we will stay at this hotel whenever we return to Toronto. They more than deserve our loyalty.
Thanks!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel, in spectacular downtown Toronto. I was lucky be upgraded to an exec suite, which made the stay even nicer. The bed/pillows are very comfortable. I felt that the room needed some sprucing up -- some painting here and there might make a difference. But you can't beat the location, right across from the iconic Art Gallery of Ontario, steps from Yorkville.

Room Tip: Exdc Suite Room 525 looks out over Bloor Street and the Art Galley of Ontario which, when illuminate...
London, On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday and Saturday. We had a large room with a King bed, a good desk chair and to my delight a sofa and comfortable chair for us to sit and talk. (unlike so many hotels where a room for two provides a single chair) They had a good coffee maker machine (single cups at a time, decaf, regular and tea) and the room was comfortable, quiet and clear. The bath and shower are separate. The welcoming at the Front Desk was warm and friendly, the hotel staff were always polite, appeared happy and even went so far as to greet us with a "Welcome home" in the hallway just before we went into our room. The hotel is a five minute (or less) walk from the west exit from the St George's subway.

Room Tip: We were on the back and the room was certainly quiet.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely 5 star, excellent room very spacious. We stayed 3 nights & wish we stayed longer. Room service fantastic. Staff very helpful. Def stay there again. Only downside bit of away into Toronto town centre but quite near subways.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to InterContinental Toronto Yorkville? Share your experiences!